August Expansion Teaser Screenshot #3

"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
liking well executed art that has been designed into the ui perfectly over some cut and paste amateur looking square peg in a round hole photoshop job makes you a homophobe?

If it does, add me to the list.

"
b15h09 wrote:
"
LonePuppet wrote:
i liked the new statues, there was a dude in there, and a curvy ass girl. and believe it or not, chicks actually play this game, and old ppl, and not everyone is het (in response to whoever said "makes the game more hetrosexual" - wtf!! - lmao). i don't actually give a rat about the statues, just noticing all the bias in ppls assumptions of what makes something good.

Eh... when the devs have to point out the one on the left is female, it's bad art design. The 'curvy ass girl' is more of a vaguely humanoid lump.

Besides that, does anyone, female, aged, or otherwise, want to look at some old dude with his knackers barely hidden and a posture ready for a pounding?

Unless the new dude(s) look like Michael Trucco, I would rather look at the chained up goddesses any day of the week.

"
cruelstroke wrote:

Imgur Link: http://imgur.com/a/rKDha

I hope the shadow and reflection bug will be fixed, and the girl statues will not be removed. This is my first post, by the way. I want to say thank you for this great game, Path of Exile is by far the best action rpg game I have ever played -except Diablo 2 <3

+1
Last edited by feyith on Jul 29, 2014, 10:12:56 PM
Well, now that I know the original teaser screenshot wasn't a practical joke, I feel bad for just criticizing it without giving any constructive feedback.

So, here goes:

IMO, the new greyscale color looks very generic and out of place with the rest of the POE art-style. I hope it's not being changed in an effort to bring it in-line with the designer's vision for the future art-style of POE, because I'm a big fan of the current warm brown tones.

If the chained-women have to be replaced, I'd like an option, even an MTX, that would allow me to retain them, if possible. I've never once looked at them and thought they clashed with the POE art-style, and I doubt I ever will. If I can't have that option, then I'd just hope that the new models have as much physical interaction with the globes as the original. I won't go into why the proposed replacements were so terrible, since they've been removed. But, honestly, it's a bit disconcerting that those were ever considered even remotely adequate as replacements.

The new arrow, as it is in the latest iteration, doesn't look too bad. But, I know a handful of people that play with a mouse or trackball and adding an extra click to every screen just doesn't seem worth changing a UI that, to my knowledge, was never really considered cluttered by the user-base.

The new flask slots, as they are now, just seem misaligned with the flasks themselves. I'm still really not sure of their purpose, and it would be interesting to hear what the designer is shooting for. Perhaps if the users knew what the ultimate goal was there, they could offer some suggestions. But, as it is now, it just looks really unpolished.

The shop button looks much better now, and I understand that the $ doesn't work for every location, but I just hope that GGG understands that they will have that gaudy button on full display in every screenshot, video, and live stream of their game. I guess MTXs don't have as much stigma as before, so perhaps its just not really a big deal, but I really like the gold coin idea.
Oh good lord, the ladies will stay ^_^

Thanks GGG for listening to your players, that was a really fast response (unexpected tbh) :D
"
We still intend to remove them in favour of ones that cover less of the health/mana orbs

I'm actually insulted that Chris thinks that the player base is dumb enough to believe that the reasoning behind the change is due to globe visibility and not getting rid of the girls.

I'm so sorry that we are a bunch of "terribly behaved" shitlord pervs for wanting a dark and gritty UI.
Berek's Grip Ice Spear
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/780707
Budget Magicfind and/or Hardcore Flame Totem
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1211543
Last edited by Necrogue on Jul 29, 2014, 11:00:39 PM
GGG I am a big fan of this game and have been playing for over two years! Please make UI customised so that people could change or even minimise , it to suite there own needs! That would solve the above problems with people complaining! I would love it if you guys put more effort into making the Trading aspect of this game more user friendly, I suggest making 1-4 tabs that can be accessible to people while you of line with buy outs so that people would then be able to purchase your items when you are offline! This a quality of life improvement and I guarantee 100% that if you sold is as a Microtransaction 99% of population would purchase it I suggest setting the price for the 4 tabs at $20 dollars this type of change would meek this game more user friendly and bring more player satisfaction then any of the MTX transactions in the shop currently! Love the game!!!
"
teemu92 wrote:
"
TRV wrote:
"

Please this. Points have its own icon you know. Similar SHOP buttons are in all cheap p2w games...

This fits really well!

Gonna add my support to this.
Cool that you changed it back for at least a little while, I really dig my Mana/Health ladies.

You already have plenty of feedback Chris, but I just thought I'd toss out that I also agree the shop button looks very cheap. It immediately makes me think of the cash grab Garena specials that come and go weekly in the Asian F2P market. The coin version of the shop icon (as recommended by a few people with a modified UI screenshot posted on Reddit) is definitely a better choice and keeps the interface classy.
Last edited by skyelar on Jul 29, 2014, 11:39:31 PM
"
deathbypoo wrote:
You know they could make the art on the sides of the hp and mana globes an account micro transaction and offer a handful of choices. Such as the classic girls in chains , the new more roman looking art or some other images like angles or demons ect.

A marauder holding up the hp and mana globes like the titan atlas could be kinda cool to.
"
deathbypoo wrote:
A marauder holding up the hp and mana globes like the titan atlas could be kinda cool to.

That's the most uninspired way imaginable to do it.
No, I think the fat guys was.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info