August Expansion Teaser Screenshot #2

I like the grey color scheme for the UI, but those mana people are terrible, please let us have the girls back. Or at least make that guy look half way decent. I am reasonably certain almost none of your audience wants a naked old man on their screen constantly. Like...seriously.

Also, that shop button is atrocious. It makes the game like every other Pay-to-win/freemium MMO out there, where they go to great lengths to make sure you are constantly aware you could be throwing money at them. Is this the direction you guys are going now?

I really hope this isn't final.
Last edited by fireinakasha on Jul 28, 2014, 8:14:23 PM
I don't like it either. The old one had more charm.

Also, that shop button is completely out of place. I understand the previous one was probably not visible enough, but that's just like having it in your face.

Flask slots too, me no likey.
Can I have the current UI as a mtx? The new one is horrible.
Running isn't freedom. You should know that.
ighnaz - Thanks for the beta key!!!!
I HAVE NO MORE BETA KEYS!!
[Removed by Support]
[Gear & Club] ¯\(°_°)/¯ #1 Professional Afk Club /2133058
[Hideout] New Oriath /2505008
[Pvp Trophy] PVP #1 EU & US EA /1591888 | | BM EA /1431163
[Dead] PSC La /1682118, Build BM PA /1296491, BM IG LL ST /1121092, Shop /874905
"God's in his Heaven, All's right with the world!" IGN: Libritannia
Last edited by Support on Jul 28, 2014, 8:35:51 PM
Welp I think this is starting to clear it up, looks like each class getting an npc of some sort for who knows what. companion maybe. Skills training of some sort? I'm excited! we'll just leave it a at that :D
While I don't mind the fact that there is a dude on the new globes, I hate the fact that he's not chained up. There was just something so cool about the chained up ladies on the old UI, it felt like it had a subtle darker theme to it.

These new globes look like they belong to some pompous nobleman. Make it a tortured chained up dude on the globes and I'll be happy. Also I agree with everyone else on the shop button, I like the $ symbol better.

OH, AND SUPER IMPORTANT CAPSLOCK EDIT: THE NEW FLASK SLOTS LOOK LIKE ANUS, THE FLASKS DON'T EVEN LOOK LIKE THEY FIT. LIKE THEY'RE JUST FLOATING IN THAT SPOT, ABOVE A SEPARATE UI ELEMENT. IT'S RATHER DISTRACTING AND UGLY.
My name is Kro and I'm an eternal casual.
Last edited by Kookro on Jul 28, 2014, 8:19:26 PM
Please please please please i have one and one request only

CAN WE PLEASE MAKE THE CHAT WINDOW SMALLER

I am playing on 30 inch and 1/2 my screen is filled with a chat window that does not scale.

thank you

ps sorry do not like the new layout. it's a downgrade to me. POE has a unique feel and what is not broken does not changes.
Last edited by roetetoet on Jul 28, 2014, 8:16:55 PM
add the SHOP buton and iwll / we will ! stop buy stuff ! got 870 left but iwll not buy anythng if you add the huge SHOP buton
Boo, the women chained to the life/mana globes was such a great visual. It was classical and metaphoric. I'm disappointed in this change; makes the interface look more like a menu for a website than art. It just doesn't look as good or seem as polished as the current form.

It's also a trend I've been seeing in the art direction of making subtle changes to the art to make it less "adult", (even though I'd hardly consider the classic current UI "adult") such as censoring nipples on certain mobs.

Last edited by Perkstoph on Jul 28, 2014, 8:19:50 PM
Not going to lie, the new UI looks pretty horrible compared to the current one.
If you feel you must make this change, I'd definitely recommend looking into what some people have suggested in terms of placing the current UI in the shop.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info