August Expansion Teaser Screenshot #1

seems to me the red cloud is a spirit form of the mara that is behind it
A meme is a terrible thing to waste.
2handed dualwielding is in!
IGN : Jovial
I for one cannot wait to sink 2000 hours to not get any high end loootz! Never once saw my own complete set of fragments of GFY.
Your RNGeesus is a false prophet
I can imagine, that the karui guy on the screen will be NPC with some new quest...
or maybe it's a mercenary who will be fighting on your side in this quest.
So about mercenary...could we expect merc system in new league?
Definitely i hope to see new side location.
"Heroes of Wraeclast" or something like this I imagine
Path of Exile: Ancestors.

Or something... :S
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
Sloth Totem!!!!

Spoiler
Looking to me like a ghost or zombie theme. Casualties of past battles on Wraeclast coming back to life or to the present. The guy shown on the SS and background is a Karui? Same as the Marauder and Kaom. If I call my lore correctly, they all died in that zone.
In Wraeclast, if someone tries to kill you... you just kill them right back.
My guess:
- new areas will randomly spawn, after fully clearing it you'll free a NPC ( randomly spawning out of 7 possible ones)
- he will grant you a reward (a 1x1 inventory item) with no use in itself, but tradable; what you see in the teaser is some kind of graphic effect when that happens
- when you have all the rewards you can unlock the final fight
- one of the NPCs will be incredibly rare
- only around 5% of the playerbase will ever experience this fight, but hey we can always see other players doing it on Twitch !!!

/sarcasm, ...but not far from the truth...

"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018
My Guess:
Due to the increasing rate of Demons, Angels and (elemental-)Skeleton Warriors which are overloaded by thousands of shiny mictrotransactions in the Citys and Camps of Wraeclast, the People shown at the countdown screen are the 'true' Exile (NPCs). They are pure warriors of Wraeclast and saviors of mankind who are on an unforgiving crusade against the vile forces of undead and possessed Fallen-Exiles(which Players brazenly call their "Characters").
But, because the citys are too full of those brutal and reckless Fallen-Exiles, the 'pure' Exile NPCs are afraid to enter the camps and citys due the lack of strength. Therefore, as shown in the Screenshot, they wait in the wildernis, lurking for careless Gamers to strike when the time is right.
BTW: The Cages you see in the screenshot are prisons for unworthy Player Characters.

If you think this idea seems to be stupid let me ask you one simple question: How desperate someone must be to ask a guy like this for help!? :D

(Image is showing my current hardcore-Race Character. )

I am a petty-fat-dumbass-Kid. So please listen to my unwanted oppinions!

Vote Tasuni for President!...I mean 'for Hideout'!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info