Screenshot of New Merveil Fight

666 announcement, the devil post. Now to actually read it >.>

Now that I have read, I want to know about that shield, that's very cool looking. Assuming that's an axe, as we don't need more on handed weapon types, but two handed! (spears, anyone?)
Last edited by HasuKishi on Jul 21, 2014, 9:44:18 PM
One thing I've noticed in the screenshot is too much bloom around the treasure piles, so much so that the graphics blur a fair bit making it look out of focused rather then glaring.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
I hope ggg introduce a spear type weapon soon, but that will greatly re-layout the passive skill tree.
"
Sorbetero wrote:
I hope ggg introduce a spear type weapon soon, but that will greatly re-layout the passive skill tree.

Was thinking of them having an implicit increased weapon range, or at least some of the slower longspears having that, would be interesting.
"
HasuKishi wrote:
"
Sorbetero wrote:

Was thinking of them having an implicit increased weapon range, or at least some of the slower longspears having that, would be interesting.

I had always considered spears as well, but it would not need to necessarily be a new weapon type. Consider how Polearms, while often separate weapon types in games, especially D2, are included in PoE as axes! Why not integrate spears into the staff section? Instead of implicit block chance, give them an implicit range modifier (cyclone would be more effective!) as suggested. Or don't worry about implicits, and instead give them very high modifiers on physical damage magic prefix rolls like they did for spell damage with staves to make them competitive with wands.

Just my thoughts! I would love to see spears implemented in that way, and have had ideas in the past for spear-themed unique items (should I ever have enough disposable income to afford a 1k unique support option or get an idea noticed by GGG devs).

Love the teaser photo, though. I really like the hussar wings. I hope that's a MTX, and not specific to a unique chest armour.
Bring back race seasons.
Yay!
Quality of life improvements (?)

I hope you have made itemlevel more easily readable too. It sucks right now to write /itemlevel when you drag a item.

And it's time to see the trails you promised, too. And Dominus/corrupted areas/imperial gardens improvements too.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
As always, it will be over the top. Hope GGG remembers that if they balance the game around people who've devoted years to play that new players will be turned off. No new players means no new income.
"
NeroNoah wrote:
And it's time to see the trails you promised, too.

They've been in and used for a few patches now - but you'll notice them used more and more on effects in 1.2.0. I believe (though this could change) that the new fireball effect uses trails so that it's a lot faster than before.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
This looks cool but I feel there are a couple (admittedly less important) boss fights that kind of need more attention than Mr Evil did.. maybe Fairgreaves, Stranglecharm..
"
Chris wrote:
"
NeroNoah wrote:
And it's time to see the trails you promised, too.

They've been in and used for a few patches now - but you'll notice them used more and more on effects in 1.2.0. I believe (though this could change) that the new fireball effect uses trails so that it's a lot faster than before.

Does this apply somehow to Dominus?

That battle is always a FPS drop, when the rest of the game runs perfect...(I promise I'm not taking a torch and a pitchfork if the answer is negative, n_n)

PS: and what about the ilvl?

PS2: At the end, well, this was not expected,V :P
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
Last edited by NeroNoah on Jul 21, 2014, 10:35:20 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info