[1.3 VIDEO GUIDE] PoE Beginners Build The Carpet Bomber, Fireball Witch EB, AA [HC/SC viable]

"
"
Gagghelush wrote:
Hello!
Amazing guide, I didn't play PoE for a time and your build helped me to enjoy while aknowledging all the changes in gameplay.
It's also nice that you are so helpful to people who ask for help! Thumbs up!
I have some doubts about my items. This is my current gear:

Thank you for kindness!

Hey man! sorry about the slow reply. If you still need advice let me know and I will comment on your current gear :)

Hello! my gear is still the same, so i would still like to hear you comments.
I'll add that I found this
and I think it's pretty good. Let me know! :)
"
"
madziar169 wrote:
if i start from nothing what is the middle dps of this bulid ? can i get more then 5k ???

Yes you can easily get more than 5000 dps. The tool tip however cannot be trusted so try not looking at that :)

And wich way can I check the real dmg??

Atm, Lvl76 and soloing 69 Maps really fast and safe :) Adquired the cwdt+ic+ec combo recently and now i feel like god hahaha

Btw, i'm using LMP but im going to buy a quality LMP/GMP. Do you think is really better GMP because the aoe, i know that when hitting with the 5 balls with GMP is x5 the dmg output, but GMP also does less dmg than LMP... so that's the main doubt for me. What would do more dmg when hittin with all projectiles, Q-LMP or Q-GMP??

Also, here it is my current gear, any advice in what is the weakest item to improve?

Spoiler

Thanks in advance
Hello really love the build just started playing the game and this was a great find, i do find i struggle quite a bit with and cold or lightning elemental damage, current lvl is 75 3k life just found my first ex and was looking at an upgrade but not sure which one to do first. my goal is to build this as a farmer until i get more currency for more characters, any advise

I was looking at the recommended gear and going for that and Maligaro's Virtuosity as i need a min 15 dex to maintain the gear
Here is my current gear
Spoiler
Last edited by Sephiroth3005 on Sep 28, 2014, 2:39:30 AM
"
Gagghelush wrote:
Hello!
Amazing guide, I didn't play PoE for a time and your build helped me to enjoy while aknowledging all the changes in gameplay.

Question 1: which ring on the other slot? Can these be useful?
Spoiler

If I understood the build well, they're not so useful. Or maybe another dream fragments? Do you have a suggestion for the other slot?
Question 2: this is my secondary weapon
Spoiler

Can it play a role during gameplay? I don't have a clue about which gems could be useful in there. Maybe fire trap, or fire surge? And if so, what linked to?
Question 3: is it possible at some point to obtain enough mana to turn off eldritch battery and so gain ES again? I have some issues in survivability at the moment, I'm not able to do Dominus alone, don't know why. The skeletons get wiped out, and i can't tank him.
Question 4: I had to take some +30 dex nodes to level up green gems, but in your skill tree it seems you could go ahead without them. Am I doing something wrong?

Thank you for kindness!

I am back now, sorry for it taking so long :)

1. You could potentially use Mokou's Embrace for the extra fire damage, but in all honesty I think a well rolled rare item with "increased fire damage%" and "increased critical strike chance" would be a much better choice. Along with the mandatory life, ress and so on of course :)

2. The Searing Touch is not the best option for this build as we rely a lot on the additional energy shield and block chance from our "off-hand" slot. Additionally the 70% burn damage affix is not very useful for this build as this isn't a burn build.
The absolute best weapon you can get for this build is Doryani's Catalyst as it has elemental damage, cast speed and critical hit chance affixes.

3. No eldritch battery is necessary for us to have enough mana for the build to run AA. What level is your AA at the moment? Dominus hits like a truck and almost all builds (except for the ones specializing in being tanky) needs to make sure to avoid his attacks.

4. I picked up 1 of the 30+ dex nodes and got myself the remaining dexterity from gear. Remember that you can craft additional dexterity onto a weapon with the masters :)
Weekly build guides: Youtube.com/LiftingNerdBro
Daily live streams: Twitch.tv/LiftingNerdBro
Friendly PoE community: Discord.gg/Lifting
"
Jinmutenno wrote:
"
"
madziar169 wrote:
if i start from nothing what is the middle dps of this bulid ? can i get more then 5k ???

Yes you can easily get more than 5000 dps. The tool tip however cannot be trusted so try not looking at that :)

And wich way can I check the real dmg??

Atm, Lvl76 and soloing 69 Maps really fast and safe :) Adquired the cwdt+ic+ec combo recently and now i feel like god hahaha

Btw, i'm using LMP but im going to buy a quality LMP/GMP. Do you think is really better GMP because the aoe, i know that when hitting with the 5 balls with GMP is x5 the dmg output, but GMP also does less dmg than LMP... so that's the main doubt for me. What would do more dmg when hittin with all projectiles, Q-LMP or Q-GMP??

Also, here it is my current gear, any advice in what is the weakest item to improve?

Spoiler

Thanks in advance

Hey man!

I am glad to hear that you are cruising through the maps! Good job!

Since the main form of damage comes from the explosions of the fire balls (not the projectiles) that means that the more explosions = the more damage. That is why GMP is better as it will add more explosions. It makes a pretty big difference imo :)

GMP can also shot-gun 5 projectiles at the same target which does a ton of damage.

As for your items:

1. Get a better shield with more ES
2. Try to get yourself a Carcass Jack either 5 or 6 linked.
3. Get a helmet with more energy shield and life.
4. Both your rings could be better. Try to get rings with life, resistances and increased fire damage :)
5. Get life on your gloves!

That's it mate! :)
"
Sephiroth3005 wrote:
Hello really love the build just started playing the game and this was a great find, i do find i struggle quite a bit with and cold or lightning elemental damage, current lvl is 75 3k life just found my first ex and was looking at an upgrade but not sure which one to do first. my goal is to build this as a farmer until i get more currency for more characters, any advise

I was looking at the recommended gear and going for that and Maligaro's Virtuosity as i need a min 15 dex to maintain the gear
Here is my current gear
Spoiler

Hey man! Thank youn for letting me know. I am glad you are enjoying the build :)

Are you resistance capped? I ask because you say you have problems with cold and lightning damage :)

Maligaro's is nice if you are going for a crit build. If not you should get yourself some other gloves :)

I would advice you to take a look at the recommended unique items for this build in the OP if you haven't already :)
"

Hey man! Thank youn for letting me know. I am glad you are enjoying the build :)

Are you resistance capped? I ask because you say you have problems with cold and lightning damage :)

Maligaro's is nice if you are going for a crit build. If not you should get yourself some other gloves :)

I would advice you to take a look at the recommended unique items for this build in the OP if you haven't already :)

my resistances are as follow
Fire 78%(93%)
Cold 51%(51%)
Lightning -5%(-5%)
Chaos -28%(-28%)

going with the items in the OP this is my challenge,

if i upgrade my current shield i will take +31 cold resist and replace it with rathpiths +25 lightning and chance to block spells

if i do boots i take +25 fire +8 cold and +22 light and replace with +20 for all resist and small block chance for spells

Malgaro's was mainly because it would add damage and get my dex to required amount as i would like a ring to be a iir/iiq ring

i may struggle with lightning and cold but i still somehow live most of the time but highest i have run thus far has only been 69 maps i fear as i get to Ilvl 74 maps i wont be able to keep up.
Last edited by Sephiroth3005 on Sep 29, 2014, 2:24:24 AM
"
"
Gagghelush wrote:
Hello!

Spoiler

If I understood the build well, they're not so useful. Or maybe another dream fragments? Do you have a suggestion for the other slot?
Spoiler

Can it play a role during gameplay? I don't have a clue about which gems could be useful in there. Maybe fire trap, or fire surge? And if so, what linked to?
Question 3: is it possible at some point to obtain enough mana to turn off eldritch battery and so gain ES again? I have some issues in survivability at the moment, I'm not able to do Dominus alone, don't know why. The skeletons get wiped out, and i can't tank him.
Question 4: I had to take some +30 dex nodes to level up green gems, but in your skill tree it seems you could go ahead without them. Am I doing something wrong?

Thank you for kindness!

1. You could potentially use Mokou's Embrace for the extra fire damage, but in all honesty I think a well rolled rare item with "increased fire damage%" and "increased critical strike chance" would be a much better choice. Along with the mandatory life, ress and so on of course :)

2. The Searing Touch is not the best option for this build as we rely a lot on the additional energy shield and block chance from our "off-hand" slot. Additionally the 70% burn damage affix is not very useful for this build as this isn't a burn build.
The absolute best weapon you can get for this build is Doryani's Catalyst as it has elemental damage, cast speed and critical hit chance affixes.

3. No eldritch battery is necessary for us to have enough mana for the build to run AA. What level is your AA at the moment? Dominus hits like a truck and almost all builds (except for the ones specializing in being tanky) needs to make sure to avoid his attacks.

4. I picked up 1 of the 30+ dex nodes and got myself the remaining dexterity from gear. Remember that you can craft additional dexterity onto a weapon with the masters :)

Thx very much man, I didn't know about master's crafting abilities; it's really a relief to know you can imbue stats in weapons!
As for AA it's lvl 16 since i had those dex problems and didn't want to level it too much.
Really happy about your feedback, good job!
"
Gagghelush wrote:
"
"
Gagghelush wrote:
Hello!

Spoiler

Spoiler

Thank you for kindness!

Thx very much man, I didn't know about master's crafting abilities; it's really a relief to know you can imbue stats in weapons!
As for AA it's lvl 16 since i had those dex problems and didn't want to level it too much.
Really happy about your feedback, good job!

My pleasure mate.

Last advice: get your AA to higher levels - it makes a huge difference in your survivability :)
Is there any reason why you are taking the Str/Int nodes going down from the sovereignity cluster to athleticism? If you approach athleticism from the right side you also get +10 str/int BUT you are also at the elementalist node. (which for example could be taken instead of the +30dex if you have enough dex on gear)
Last edited by Erib_Segsir on Sep 30, 2014, 2:17:12 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info