Creating a Unique Item

"
Maxwells wrote:
"
"
Wait, it does? So you can just go into HC and smuggle a league exclusive item into another league?

Dead HC characters go to legacy standard. You can't get them in to the SC temp leagues.

I wasn't asking if you could take something into the Temp leagues. I was just wondering if you could play in the up coming 4 month leagues HC and take, for example, that scythe from HC by deliberating do a suicide with the char and by that getting the scythe into the SC 4 month leagues.

The 4 month leagues are temp leagues.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
"
Veruski wrote:
What an embarrassing dev diary/post.

I can. Read the above quote. Crown of Eyes has the "all-important unique colour" and thus has "amazing properties."

*cringe*

which is hilarious cause 80% of the uniques in this game, the likes of ezomyte which is not even usable in early game, has "amazing properties" indeed.
"
Veruski wrote:
What an embarrassing dev diary/post.

No wonder we have such insane power creep. Did anybody even read this shit?

"
Watching that boss monster explode in a shower of items, seeing that one of those items is that all-important unique colour, and identifying it to discover what amazing properties it has is, for many, a hugely memorable moment.

Most experienced ARPG players will CRINGE when reading this. It basically endorses power creep, and the perception that uniques are supposed to be "all-important" or the "best."

No wonder PoE is going downhill. Their design philosophy is shot to shit.

No worries, even for my MFer here, monster usually explode in shower of white crap. I would like to have any such memorable moments here, but you now, economeh...
Anticipation slowly dissipates...
"Players play for many different reasons....phat loot."
Em...
Guy #1: "Awesome guys, 15 uniques dropped this time. Let's ID them."
Guy #2: "Yeah, don't bother, these aren't even worth their inventory space, you can literally vendor them for more than you can sell them."
Guy #3: "Stop yapping, more killing (with the same skill I've been using for the past 84 levels)."

I am asking Nick

if he has in his mind a good unique weapon then we will be happy to see it in game, otherwise if his weapon will be rejected from players like so many uniques, then its better to dont create new uselles unique.

We already have many uniques which many players dont use them
CAST ON CRIT 2H SPEC THROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IGN: Etrium
"
granshe wrote:
this axe + atziri gloves = GG critical Cyclon xD im lowe you GGG

have fun dying a lot

Look at that base crit, than look at that base damage.....ewhhh, such a pathetic unique

A..and that attack speed.... ewhhh, only if someone suicidal enough to use it in HC...
Last edited by camapngu133 on Jul 16, 2014, 10:25:05 AM
Is that 4% global crit per char level real?
That's like 3x global crit chance at level 70?
If you got a base of 13% that's almost 40% total, without any nodes.
OP or what?
"Im smartest. Your stoped. Dael wiht it."
This is an interesting unique, but it has left me with a bit of an uncomfortable feeling towards the GGG design team with one unique left to help design that I intend to function in this way.

I can understand the mutable nature of design guidelines, but that doesn't seem to be what's in play here given the timing.

"
NickK_GGG wrote:

The low base critical strike chance of axes means that you won't necessarily benefit from this very often. I could have certainly tossed some extra local crit chance on there to compensate, but the weapon is all fleshy and alive-looking. What do fleshy and alive-looking things do? They grow. They change. Just like you.

"
Charan wrote:
The second item I've got coming [...] will be a [...] unique that functions much like Pillar of the Caged God [...].

[...] Diablo 2 had some great items in this regard, and the 'bonus per character level' concept defined many of that game's finer unique offerings. Although there has been much discussion of it with PoE, the idea itself was rejected several times, because, and here I'm paraphrasing, the developers want unique items to be replaced as the character grows. [...]

So I want you to imagine my dismay and anger at seeing this new item design by GGG dev NickK. I'd have been okay if they'd said no, we can't do that because of mechanical limitations, or no, we can't do that because it doesn't fit our design philosophy. But to be told no, we don't want to encourage item growth because it encourages players to trade less...and then to implement that very statistic on an item of their own is downright rude.

[...] I very humbly mimic [Pillar of the Caged God's] concept with Charan's Moderation, and implicitly spit on the laziness and hypocrisy of Nick's 'per character level' mod usage.

Ref: (Helping GGG in) Creating a unique item: a breakdown of the breakdown

Perhaps I've missed, and the community is certainly not entitled to, an official comment on this matter, but I would love to see one. I think it's a very significant mistep in character that will influence public perception of GGG and many people's eagerness to support the company in ways comparable to pre-release times.
The vast majority of players still left are buying MTXs left and right, and until that changes, GGG will simply do whatever they want in the actual game itself, and keep relying on people who care more about style vs. substance.

As long as their character "looks" cool, it doesn't matter if the game is good or not.

So by all means, continue to buy MTXs... that will ensure the game's design keeps going downhill.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info