[2.1 Ghazzy - Summoner Guides] Low Budget Builds

So, I've been leveling the SRS build, and have been having a really difficult time since A4 Cruel. Died to Cruel Malachai 8x, which is absolutely unacceptable (for me personally, this is in no way a reflection of the build). I'm 65 now, and getting destroyed. Zombies getting steamrolled, SRS casting slowly, and I feel super squishy. When does it start to pick up steam?

Spoiler

Haven't really found a suitable replacement for Meginord's Vise, seeing as I need the STR for a few gems.

I have this guy waiting for me at 68, but I fear this character might not make it that far:

What am I doing wrong? I feel like by 65, this build should be kicking ass and taking names.

EDIT: Switched a few things around, readjusted auras, and things are a lot better.
Last edited by Joshua_Valentine on Aug 10, 2015, 12:16:59 PM
"
So, I've been leveling the SRS build, and have been having a really difficult time since A4 Cruel. Died to Cruel Malachai 8x, which is absolutely unacceptable (for me personally, this is in no way a reflection of the build). I'm 65 now, and getting destroyed. Zombies getting steamrolled, SRS casting slowly, and I feel super squishy. When does it start to pick up steam?

Spoiler

Haven't really found a suitable replacement for Meginord's Vise, seeing as I need the STR for a few gems.

I have this guy waiting for me at 68, but I fear this character might not make it that far:

What am I doing wrong? I feel like by 65, this build should be kicking ass and taking names.

EDIT: Switched a few things around, readjusted auras, and things are a lot better.

Hey,

The build starts snowballing around lvl 50-55'ish.
The staff should be regaled and if you don't get a cast speed mod on it, then you benchcraft cast speed. That will help you a lot.
The helmet should have "+2 Minion Gems" to help zombies survive a bit better, keep in mind, their sole purpose is to take a few hits before dying to give you the few seconds of free casting for your spirits to dominate everything.
You should switch out Melee Physical for Melee Splash during mapping and change in Melee Physical for bosses (single target boss fights).
Meginords Vise is a very poor choice of gloves in this build as it really doesn't contribute much to us at all. Same goes with the Bones of Ullr if you are playing the Pure SRS Hybrid build. (If this is the 3 Keystone Zoomancer then it's not a problem). Amulet looks good Dexterity wise & resistance wise, however, it does lack eHP (ES or Life depending on your build).
Both rings are low or doesn't have any eHP at all either making you even more squishy.

Also the general gearing you have is very mixed with armour/ES, you should get pure Energy Shield based items for optimized gearing no matter what build you've chosen to play. Strength can be aquired via a Heavy Belt with a Strength roll, thats how i get all the strength i need for my gems! :)

The new chest piece linked, looks great though!

---

Read the edit;
Nice! if you still need help please hit me up again!
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
Things are definitely getting better...hit 68, and switched to that beautiful chest. I'm now sitting at 2.1k life and 2.8k ES w/ Discipline...while playing other chars, I was on the lookout for upgrades, and got a nice(r) helm too.

Spoiler

Still haven't found good replacement gloves or a belt...I'm almost considering buying some.

How much ES should I be aiming for?
Last edited by Joshua_Valentine on Aug 10, 2015, 4:18:34 PM
If Keystone summoner: 40% of your HP pool should be the minimum ammount of ES pool over your mana.

If Pure Hybrid SRS: minimum of 3.5k towards the mapping stage imo.
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
Idk if I ever mentioned it, but I'm doing the Hybrid SRS build. Thanks a ton for all of your advice! Things are finally starting to come together, and it feels good.

Broke down and bought some gloves, and alch'ed a decent enough belt that gives me the STR requirements. Sitting at 2k Life, and 3,497 ES w/ Discipline.

Next up is working on chaos resistance! Sitting at -18%, so still got a bit to go, but yeah. Mapping is pretty fun/painless atm.

Spoiler

Hi,

first of all, nice nice build. I consider you as the "god" of summonner's, due to your huge experience in it. That's why I decided to follow this build blindly, but I've a question :

Why no multitrike gem ? I know minion damage gem has been improve A LOT, but I still wonder, why not speack about this gem at all ?

I go to work, hope to have your response when I'll get back ;)

Thx a lot !
Joshua I would really consider taking Ghazzys advice and regal then craft cast speed on that staff. It's cheap and will give you both a solid DPS boost and smoother play.
I'm sure it's been asked since revenants got rebalanced, but I couldn't find it if it has: are evangelists still good as specters? I still really like the projectile shield bubbles.
"
My_Lego wrote:
Joshua I would really consider taking Ghazzys advice and regal then craft cast speed on that staff. It's cheap and will give you both a solid DPS boost and smoother play.

Yup, finally bought a Regal and did just that. I also started using Flesh Offering, and now I'm YOLOBLAZING through maps. Everything goes fast.

Hey ghazzy how's it going, Im playing the srs atm and lvl 46..i have the 5L pledge rdy and the rest of my items are trash,and wanted to start buying +50lvl items as i have abit much of currency ... first what should i be focusing on?second is it possible to reach high Es or high hp like ur characters in the videos in this build? i think i saw 4-5k hp with +7k ES? so been wondering where all of that comes from ? i know the item stats should be HP/ES and tri res but thats it? i dont think i'll get near 5k hp or high ES and thanks for baring me!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info