Grinding Gear Games and Dynamite Entertainment Team Up for Path of Exile Graphic Novel Series

"
GingerBeast wrote:
It seems a bit unclear to me, but are they going to be digital only?

Also, when will there be a release date?

Hey GB... this is just the initial announcement, so no specific dates yet, but I thought it was pretty clear given the following line:

"
Each 22-page issue will release digitally with individual cover art, and the entire series will ultimately be compiled as a full-color, printed graphic novel, and be published by Dynamite next year.

So there will be:

- 4 serialised issues released digitally starting this summer (presuming NZ summer... around DEC).

- 1 printed graphic novel (containing all 4 issues together) released sometime in 2015.

HTH
Chris Wilson: "Today was the proudest day of my life."
The first image of the comic better damn well be someone washing up on shore.
For years i searched for deep truths. A thousand revelations. At the very edge...the ability to think itself dissolves away.Thinking in human language is the problem. Any separation from 'the whole truth' is incomplete.My incomplete concepts may add to your 'whole truth', accept it or think about it
poe still ded gaem :V
Been waiting forever for this announcement about a graphic novel. I'm definitely going to pick this up and I don't even read books/novels!
"
Sheriff_K wrote:
Am I the only that thinks this isn't awesome because the Lore will be polluted by an outside (non-GGG) writer? :S

How is this different to GGG having temporary consultants or outsourcing work to others, which they have done in the past? Should GGG just hire Rodriguez and McGraw for 6 months, so then they're "GGG people"??

Wraeclast is a mighty big world and many areas are yet to have their content (environments, inhabitants, history etc) created let alone referred to in the lore yet. What is wrong with GGG having others tell these stories? They can then utilise these stories, people, events in the game as they develop it.
Chris Wilson: "Today was the proudest day of my life."
"
Kaysee wrote:

- 4 serialised issues released digitally starting this summer (presuming NZ summer... around DEC).

What? No, nononononono, NOOOOOOOOOOOO! North Hemisphere Summer please.

Can we get an answer on this?
Definitely looking forward to this.
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! awesome
"Yeena thinks she knows the Spirit. That it talks to her. She talks to herself." -Greust <3
"
Planned for a summer release

Northern or Southern Hemisphere summer?
Did not see this coming.

None the less, I approve. And curious to see how the world translates into comic book format.
There comes a time thief when jewels cease to sparkle, gold loses it's luster, throne room becomes a prison, and all that's left is a father's love for his child. - King Osric

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info