THE RATES OF CURRENCY MAKE NO SENSE

It is a premium associated with convenience. I'm ok with it when I do it. I have the choice to not accept the rate.

What would you propose to fix it? Fix people? :)
IGN: SplitEpimorphism
It sounds like most of you in here don't get it. "strange" currency rates is exactly the point of having crafting mats be currency. Their value fluxes from person to person and it's a lot harder to establish a "standard" because other than the hardcore traders most people know a rough estimate of the rates and simply will adjust up or down to get the orbs they want for whatever purpose they have in mind. Sometimes you get great deals, other times it's hard to find trades for the "standard" rate.

So, tl;dr if the currencies are not a linear exchange then the system is working as intended.
"
syrioforel wrote:

Ahhhhhhh so that's what it's called. Thanks!
Lets say you have 13 fusing and want to buy chaos orbs.
Guy is offering you 6.5 chaos where as you expect to receive 10 chaos.
The difference is his service fee. If he doesn't provide this serviceyou can never change your fusings to chaos... simple...
"
Z3roSh0t wrote:
It sounds like most of you in here don't get it. "strange" currency rates is exactly the point of having crafting mats be currency. Their value fluxes from person to person and it's a lot harder to establish a "standard" because other than the hardcore traders most people know a rough estimate of the rates and simply will adjust up or down to get the orbs they want for whatever purpose they have in mind. Sometimes you get great deals, other times it's hard to find trades for the "standard" rate.

So, tl;dr if the currencies are not a linear exchange then the system is working as intended.

Their value fluxes from person to person because missinformation (and because people want to trade in bulks, not one by one).
If I have hundreds of chaos and want exalts, I don't buy exalts with chaos. I create a party saying WTB ANY low currency in bulk, and post my ratio. Once I stack enough low currency of different types, I buy ex with them.
Culler-support build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1617230
Dedicated support build https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1702757
Last edited by dulahan200 on Jul 10, 2014, 9:41:34 AM
Scumbag currency rates are why I only sell my currency for ex.
Creator of the Praxis ring.
Want to stop power creep? Gut crit chance and crit multi.
It must really irritate the OP knowing I only ever trade currency with the vendor!

omg - I'm not as efficient as I can be. Call the firing squad.
Just for try for see and for know.

She corpse exploded the corpse of the boss...
"
Zanixx wrote:
It must really irritate the OP knowing I only ever trade currency with the vendor!

omg - I'm not as efficient as I can be. Call the firing squad.

Fusings to alchs all day everyday amirite?! But seriously if you only use vendor rates you are losing.
Creator of the Praxis ring.
Want to stop power creep? Gut crit chance and crit multi.
"
1337fun wrote:
captain capslock and his shift crew are back!

Thank you! That made my day :-D

Now plz continue

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info