Announcing the One-Month Leagues (and Ambush/Invasion Challenge Winners)

After our love and support this knife in the back, not expecting
Oh non-hc... well i wanted to do the 1 month, guess i'll wait more till the 4 month leagues again.
.-. .. -.- ..- -.- .-.. .- -.-- - --- -.
What fail this event is. The player base is obviously speaking out on it wanting it HC, yet without this player base your game would be shit, food for thought..
"
ofallcreation wrote:
"
Michael_GGG wrote:

I can't speak for the design team, but it's perhaps worth thinking of the one-month league as more of a complimentary entree leading up to the new Hardcore and Standard leagues in August, please don't mistake it for the main meal. Additionally, as others have pointed out prior special events have been done for Hardcore in the past.

But any past hardcore race even softcore players had access to. Hardcore just rolls to softcore when they die, not the otherway around. This is why a softcore race by nature is unable to appeal to the entire player base, while a HC race can

Not really actually. The two-week Ambush/Invasion league rolled to Invasion (which was a challenge league at that time) and you could only rip to Standard, which was totally uninteresting for any Ambush player.
IGN: RachelSuperCasual (Torment)
RachelShockerina (Rampage - retired)
RachelElysia (Ambush - retired)
LadyVinara (Nemesis - retired)
"
ventiman wrote:
"
HirostarFTW wrote:
Thanks GGG. Thanks for all your work!

I was looking forward to the next 4 month Leauge.
I can see this 1 month Leauge being a succes, with the activity from both hardcore and soft-core players in 1 Leauge.

Im a bid sad that the Leauge is softcore.. Might take the buzz of me. Goin Zombimode in 1 month?
Think I will RIP allot when the 4 month invasion starts again, with the new set of "softcore skills" I will have :)

But thanks for your work! Still looking forward to a integrated trading system and more PVP,

there is not even one reason to play that league for a hc player

what do i earn after the league ?
i get a standard char
wtf do i want with a standard char ?
will i ever play that char after the league ?

this is a big marketing fail and will hurt their company income hard they can only hope that those hc guys who will go on a break will come back

terrible decision making

Yep, all those prizes are stuck in standard too arent they? Oh, they arent?

I really wont complain, with all of you leaving for the month that means more chance for prizes to the rest of us that actually think the league sounds fun.
"
Michael_GGG wrote:
"
bitV wrote:

Can you please at least explain GGG's decision? I keep hearing repeated that standard and hardcore appeal to different players, often by you guys at GGG, which is totally true, but in that regard it also makes no sense that you would give a large portion of your player base, to whom that motivation to survive fuels their enjoyment of the game, nothing to do during the break.

I can't speak for the design team, but it's perhaps worth thinking of the one-month league as more of a complimentary entree leading up to the new Hardcore and Standard leagues in August, please don't mistake it for the main meal. Additionally, as others have pointed out prior special events have been done for Hardcore in the past.

Hi Michael,

Are any of the devs currently tracking this issue? Or is this matter just "forum noise?"

I'm only asking for the sake of my soul, which is currently draining for my body. (I've posted two messages in favor of a HC version, with zero animosity towards any SC players.)

Thanks
"
Michael_GGG wrote:
"
bitV wrote:

Can you please at least explain GGG's decision? I keep hearing repeated that standard and hardcore appeal to different players, often by you guys at GGG, which is totally true, but in that regard it also makes no sense that you would give a large portion of your player base, to whom that motivation to survive fuels their enjoyment of the game, nothing to do during the break.

I can appreciate that, but at the same time I think going full swing in the opposite direction just highlights the problem and doesn't really address it - A consistent pairing of event leagues both standard and hardcore would be the ultimate solution, I think most of the players would agree with that sentiment irrespective of their preferred league.
There is only one reason why GGG made this softcore and that is that they thought it to be too hard for hardcore. They feared a stream of complaints from people that it was way too hard to be hardcore.

I think they underestimated the willingness of hardcore fans to suffer even more pain.

Reasonably the league needs to be softcore because otherwise way too many people would be put of by the brutality of the league.

Problem is that they overlooked the issue of hardcore players not wanting to go softcore.

Not running two events at the same time probably has to do with dumb stuff like that they only have one server up and running for these kinds of events that prevents them from running two events at the same time.
Non hardcore = no
Copy paste old league properties = no
This is just saddening.
Invasion was the first time I played a hardcore league and I loved it,
Won't have the time to play the next 4 month due to real life :/ The one
month would be my last "league" i could play actively.
Well it was good while it lasted. Thanks for the awesome game GGG <3

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info