Announcing the One-Month Leagues (and Ambush/Invasion Challenge Winners)

I'm not Q.Qing that its softcore, i'm disappointed because I won't be able to play for another month. HC is a completely different game to SC and simply deleting your character on death won't replicate the leagues economy or ladder.

I'm even more disappointed by the division between hardcore and softcore players though. We're all passionate about PoE, why do we have to berate each other?
IGN: Steelmage
Please add a HC league. For some1 who only played hc its way 2 boring to play sc. No offense to anyone. And make all the properties be active at once. That would be really nice :)
no hc = one month break
"
Michael_GGG wrote:
The antagonizing 'Standard versus Hardcore' posts need to stop. Accounts may be probated if they continue with comments of this nature.

Edit: Users are free to say what they like or don't like about the league if they wish; but saying one group of players is better or worse than others is not okay.

Heres a thought GGG:

Make the league a HC/SC hybrid. You start out HC, when you die, you become SC. The exact same way it works in the permanant and 4 months leagues only contained to this league.

This way the players that want to play HC can play HC, and if they die they could still play SC in the league. And the players that want to play SC can play SC, and if they happen to not die they'll be in the running for HC to.
"
Steelmage wrote:
I'm not Q.Qing that its softcore, i'm disappointed because I won't be able to play for another month. HC is a completely different game to SC and simply deleting your character on death won't replicate the leagues economy or ladder.

I'm even more disappointed by the division between hardcore and softcore players though. We're all passionate about PoE, why do we have to berate each other?

the funny thing is; that it's mostly just the softcore people who are acting like petulant children.
I played ambush for a good while but to those who have played hardcore, softcore just isn't worth playing.
Everyone from invasion quit once there was 2 weeks left (like 70% if not more), in preparation for the 1 month. Only for it to be softcore. It's really disappointing.

It doesn't make sense to have a softcore race. either.
So many people are disappointed at the lack of a hardcore league.
I'm with them, even though I've played in Ambush extensively.
And the lack of a serious GGG response is even more disappointing.
Another quality ZAP! post.
Like everyone has mentioned.. The SC and HC stuff is always flipping.. Sometimes we get SC sometimes we get HC.. Take a break off some of you sound like you need it lol
Always looking for people to game with, Hit me up!! Thanks for the great game GGG..

As I ʜᴏʟᴅ ᴛʜᴇ sᴀᴍᴜʀᴀɪ sᴡᴏʀᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴍʏ sᴛᴏᴍᴀᴄʜ ᴀs I ᴡᴀs ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ ᴛᴏ ᴄᴏᴍᴍɪᴛ Seppuku, I ᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ Kʀɪᴘᴘ ᴘʟᴀʏ Cᴀsᴜᴀʟsᴛᴏɴᴇ. I ʀᴇᴍᴇᴍʙᴇʀ ᴀ ᴛɪᴍᴇ ᴡʜᴇʀᴇ Kʀɪᴘ ᴡᴀs Nᴏʟɪғᴇ. ɴᴏᴡ I ᴀᴍ Nᴏʟɪғᴇ. ɢᴏᴏᴅ ʙʏᴇ ᴋʀɪᴘᴘ ▬▬ι════════ﺤ
"
Kristalic wrote:

Sure it does. Hardcore is heavy on the minmaxing, which is fine, of course, but also means that there's less build diversity because everyone is perforce so risk-averse.

A softcore race allows/encourages a competition with greater build diversity.
------
"And 'Do what thou willst' shall be the whole of the law." -- Aleister Crowley
"First, love; then, do what thou willst." -- St. Augustine
"Whatever is done out of love always takes place beyond good and evil." -- Friedrich Nietzsche
"
Chris wrote:
If multiple players are tied at level 100, then the first five players to reach it will receive the prize.

good old times when ggg stated that level 100 is a goal they don't expect players to really reach it.

for the 1 month league: with the league being softcore there should be no problem to put exiles and invaders back to their former glory, should't it?

and i'm really exited to learn about the real reason of why this league is softcore later on, what are you testing?
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
"
Kristalic wrote:

Sure it does. Hardcore is heavy on the minmaxing, which is fine, of course, but also means that there's less build diversity because everyone is perforce so risk-averse.

A softcore race allows/encourages a competition with greater build diversity.

no it doesnt
http://www.twitch.tv/rhoxxx

follow the stream :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info