Ball Lightning

I wouldn't mind if the per hit damage were reduced.
IGNs-
Gyeff // Greff // Gyaff
I would, not everyone plays shock BL, so some people need the pure damage.
IGNs
GroovyBeard
JooJooFromTheWell
I find the default speed to be too fast for my liking, but that's because I build with damage stacking in mind. This skill actually rules once you combine a large aoe (passives only) with slower projectiles and knockback (also passives only).

Using the knockback gem however is just asking for trouble. That thing not only is a big waste of a socket if you take fending, it also desyncs enemies like a motherfucker. Good god it's obvious how easy you can break the game with just a single mechanic.
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui
Is there any calculator or anyone know the formula to know how many times a ball lightning can hit the target and the increase of items likme carcass / skill tree points / area of effect
a few of my posts in this thread and other people around mine in this same thread will have most of those answers.
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
a few of my posts in this thread and other people around mine in this same thread will have most of those answers.

yes but i still dont know whats better between those 3 support gems:
*slower projectiles
*increased area
*added chaos

i was looking for how many increase area is required to get an extra and how much slower to get an extra hit

so i can chose whats better...
you can get enough inc AoE from passives, so that support is out unless you skipped one of the AoE groups.

if you want damage, then its definitely added chaos and light penetration and added lightning.

for knockback (to keep foes being damaged just like slower projectiles), two of the following is "enough": knockback support, projectile weakness curse, and that passive group for knockbacks between mara and duelist. preferably curse or support are the options to drop as the node adds distance.

personally i max AoE and knockback out but don't necessarily boost my curses. i'm not like those "moar damage" people when monsters no longer reach me to begin with via max AoE and almost max knockback. i prefer to be safe than overkill.

edit, slower projectiles is required, its straight up dps boost both ways: its actual damage boost part, and the "hanging around longer to hit foes more" part.
Last edited by soul4hdwn on Jan 9, 2015, 10:46:37 PM
"
soul4hdwn wrote:
you can get enough inc AoE from passives, so that support is out unless you skipped one of the AoE groups.

if you want damage, then its definitely added chaos and light penetration and added lightning.

for knockback (to keep foes being damaged just like slower projectiles), two of the following is "enough": knockback support, projectile weakness curse, and that passive group for knockbacks between mara and duelist. preferably curse or support are the options to drop as the node adds distance.

personally i max AoE and knockback out but don't necessarily boost my curses. i'm not like those "moar damage" people when monsters no longer reach me to begin with via max AoE and almost max knockback. i prefer to be safe than overkill.

edit, slower projectiles is required, its straight up dps boost both ways: its actual damage boost part, and the "hanging around longer to hit foes more" part.

my gem setup is:

BL - ICD - PCOC - SE - LP - added chaos

carcass and templar node of inc area

first u tell me that if i want dmg added chaos .. but then u edited and told slower projectile is required

so...if i have to chose slower proj is the best to get more dmg?

edit:

i consider mathil a good player and for some reason he doesnt use slower projectile so that made a bug in my mind..
Last edited by Night_Zero on Jan 10, 2015, 5:05:35 AM
added chaos would be more damage boost. its just that slower projectile boosts everything.
You don't use slower projectiles, not because damage, but because the travel range of the ball is less.

This means, if you want more damage, you will be giving up survivability by having to be closer to the target. Not an ideal situation.

At least I don't use it for that very reason.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info