Ball Lightning

HI
Does Ball Lightning share the same "restriction" with first cast and Third cast?

First Cast:Self Active
Second Cast:Spell Echo
Third Cast:Self Active
Last edited by lordflamesofhell on May 21, 2015, 6:03:55 PM
Quickly tested my max AoE, slow cast, crit Ball Lightning Witch from the 1m race. The tooltip DpS are now almost halfed (2.6k compared to 4.5k) but the real DpS haven't suffered as much due to the significant AoE increase.

I can understand the reduction to its base damage but i still believe that reducing the damage effectiveness is too much! Especially with the changes to mana reservation and the reduction of the added damage via heralds, the impact way is too severe.

Even with its old damage values, i had to stack a ton of crit and shock from passives on top of heralds and added damage support gem to be able to shock bosses reliably (with +80% shock duration on top).
With status ailment duration removes from the quiality bonus of added X sumpports, the new boss HP in higher levels and changes to the shock mechanic, i don't see how Ball Lightning could ever hope to be able to shock bosses, even with a ton of investment.
11.02.2013 - 11.02.2017: four year PoE anniversary!
in more positive news, ball lightning + knockback then projectile weakness curse alongside curse passives, no longer dependant on AoE or even quality modifiers to be used as an effective defense or "lockdown" vs melee foes. although AoE helps a lot more of course and you can slap on supports. kind of can't use "curse on hit" anymore due to damage effectiveness mentioned above but could always give that to firestorm (maybe with EE).
How does this get affected by LMP/GMP shotgun changes?
"
c2games wrote:
How does this get affected by LMP/GMP shotgun changes?

Not at all!

In fact, now other spells behave like Ball Lintning did from (almost) the beginning.
works it with damage over time ?
Wenn du helfen kannst: HELFE ! Wenn du nicht helfen kannst: STÖRE - dabeisein ist alles.
It's not Damage over Time, so, no.
"
Fires a slow-moving projectile that periodically damages enemies in an area around it with bolts of lightning.

periodically = tame over time

But, good to know thats not work. Thanks
Wenn du helfen kannst: HELFE ! Wenn du nicht helfen kannst: STÖRE - dabeisein ist alles.
Periodically simply means it hits every X seconds (200 milliseconds if memory serves). Damage over Time means it deals Damage continuously; it's a constant degeneration. There's a big difference there.
You can also verify this by checking the tags of the skill. If it doesn't say "Damage over Time", it does not count as DoT.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info