Ball Lightning

"
Amiag wrote:
teach us pls

He's been doing that for the past however many pages. Pay attention, class.
Ball Lightning, Q23 Curse on Hit, Q23 Elemental Weakness, Conductivity, Lightning Pen, Spell Echo.

Job's a good'un.
It's worth noting that +2 maps are a dangerous thing.
They can cause players to get out of their depth -
playing maps that are too hard for the items they currently have. Herp Derp.
"
Ball Lightning, Q23 Curse on Hit, Q23 Elemental Weakness, Conductivity, Lightning Pen, Spell Echo.

Job's a good'un.

Tried a BL, Curse on Hit, Elemental Weakness, Conductivity 4 link version to support an Arc totem (Spell Totem, Arc, Added Lightning, Lightning Pen). No quality whatsoever and it still shows its potential. I can see how your setup must own like hell.

/edited out typos/
- I didn't say half the shit people quote from me - Albert Einstein
Last edited by neurolergic on Aug 5, 2014, 9:01:16 AM
Use Cybil's Paw with BL to enjoy a great life gain. Isn't it a good way?
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
I remember when glacial cascade first came out someguy came up with some wierd plan to self inflict injury and CWDT lv1 cascades.

What would this look like with knockback cwdt ball lightnings?

Would love to see it for luls
I think skills need to be more consistent with the keywords and what they do.

"Projectile" should always mean that the damage can be improved from "Projectile Damage"
I know this skill technically uses 2 effects the "Ball" and the "Zaps" and the Ball is the projectile and deals no damage and the zaps is not a projectile but does deal the damage of the skill or something similar.

Cant the zap effect be tagged to deal projectile damage without being affected by projectile behaviour effects such as multiple projectiles, fork, pierce and chain?

Same thing with AoE, cant the zap be flagged to deal increased damage from "AoE Damage"?

I like to think this skill was designed with "Slower Projectiles" support gem in mind, but the slower projectiles gem also has "increased projectile damage" wich is wasted.

Knockback is another effect that is nice for this skill if you play solo, would it not be nice if we could benefit from both the projectile damage and knockback from the "projectile weakness" curse?

I think it would make much more sense if AoE and Projectile Damage applied to this skill.
"
Mizzajl wrote:
Ball is the projectile and deals no damage
from my observation, the ball itself damages as i've seen multiple mobs get damage each pulse. Also the bolts should have projectile damage applied.
The zap is indeed Projectile Damage, as Soul mentions. The tooltip should update accordingly?
Having AoE Damage apply is not terribly likely to happen. The zaps are very clearly not dealing Damage in an AoE, and Conc is a nightmare.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
The zap is indeed Projectile Damage, as Soul mentions. The tooltip should update accordingly?
Having AoE Damage apply is not terribly likely to happen. The zaps are very clearly not dealing Damage in an AoE, and Conc is a nightmare.

You are right, projectile damage is working :) I was under the impression that it didn't.
But it is an AoE Skill, and I think it should deal AoE Damage.
If this skill is indeed getting buffed in the patch, will be interesting to see if any supports will need to be changed around. Looking forward to it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info