Content Update 1.1.5 Teaser Video

WTF is up with that new unique staff....................
IGN = Dearest (Warbands)
The problem with self cast EK (at least for me) was it's horrendous base cast speed... so boring! If it's cast time has been reduced by 20% then this is a good change, damage decrease or no.
IGN: FalconPunchingManiac
Thoughts:

Echo seems pretty cool, but with that cast speed, it is gonna bump up the mana regen required immensely!

Love the new vaal gems, RF looks like it might make for fun YOLO :D

Hate the new staff. Essentially makes a lot of other staffs (aside from high end yellows), fairly crap in comparison, but I guess it is early days xD
"
ceasar23 wrote:
that staff has so big potential im surprised people didn't talked about it in the comments

I shook my head when I saw it. It's clearly going to be OP bis and what's worse is GGG probably considers that a buff to hard casters vs actually buffing hard casters in general like they should. And it just sways more power to those who trade vs those who actually play the game.

Edit: Yes obviously Echo is a buff to hard casters but doing that through another mandatory support gem is at best a double-edged sword.
Last edited by GeorgAnatoly on Jun 29, 2014, 8:02:07 PM
Holy fuck this patch is gonna be epic.

Even though the leagues are ending and any new chars I make will have a short shelf life I don't care, gonna make at least 1 new char to play around with new self cast builds.

I love this game, this small patch is so awesome, can't wait to see what the next mini xpac will hold.
That new staff though, looks like the new Soul Taker. Definitely cookie-cutter.

Spoiler
I'd love to get my hands on it :p
Last edited by Bobbyblind on Jun 29, 2014, 8:14:50 PM
Great video as always ZiggyD. The new stuff looks interesting, and holy crap that new black hole portal looks badass.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
So what gem do you give up for Echo? Is echo more important that resistance penetration gem? is it better than increased crit damage?
GGG listens to its fans!!! Thank you!
how does it work with channeled spells like incinerate or flameblast, the insane cast speed is sure nice, but casting incinerate, and if it recasts it (instead of overlapping) it sure thing is a bummer.

i image it will be like cast,stopcasting the spell,cast it again but with %casting speed.

a really bad thing would be if it constantly recasts so stacking charges on incinerate and flameblast would be impossible. i srsly hope on some clarification here.

"
So what gem do you give up for Echo? Is echo more important that resistance penetration gem? is it better than increased crit damage?

obviously you frop faster casing and move in echo, i wouldnt dare dream of dropping other links mostly, esp not penetration supports which give much more dmg.

sth like Freezing Pulse + lmp/gmp + Life Leech + Faster Projectiles + Cold Penetration + Faster Casting + Increased Critical Damage in a 6l scenario i would defenatly drop faster casting or faster projectiles most likely faster projectiles.

in a 5l scenario i would drop faster casting for sure.

rly depends on what active skill you are using, but most likely i would always switch out faster casting in a 5l scenario for prob most of the active spells
Last edited by DerKobold16 on Jun 29, 2014, 8:34:05 PM
"
Ryouko wrote:
"
jeż wrote:
can't wait this! (1st pg :P )

EDIT: ECHO! and this lighting ball looka a little bit OP ;)
EDIT2: this new item: 30 echo + 100% more mana? srsly?

it's increased not "more", that's a big difference.

Actually in this case it's precisely the same thing - mana and health are additive, not multiplicative like crit, that means that a '100% increased maximum mana' roll will simply double your mana pool - this is literally like grabbing a 12.5x 8% mana nodes on the tree - this is a pretty big deal. The downside obviously is that you are missing out on some useful affixes that staves can otherwise have, but given that the echo gem is a roundabout way of getting cast speed the only affix from a staff that would be extremely useful for a caster that you aren't getting is spell crit (the resists on staves are also nice but easily made up for elsewhere), and that's something you could spec into instead of the %mana nodes, possibly more efficiently if you are a Witch given the availability of spell crit near the starting position and near CI/EB.

The thing this suggests to me is that MoM might be viable without EB now, so you could use CI/Lowlife with MoM without worrying that taking significant damage with leave you without any mana to use skills which puts you in a pretty precarious position.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info