The state of Ranger in vanilla Descent.

"

Thats why i quit using her, shes no good as the scion is superior in anyway with her life and regen nodes right at the start plus scions dps is better from the get go as well.

I mean if you agree that ranger is too weak I honestly don't understand what that whole thing about being ranged was about.
#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
"
SlixSC wrote:
"

Thats why i quit using her, shes no good as the scion is superior in anyway with her life and regen nodes right at the start plus scions dps is better from the get go as well.

I mean if you agree that ranger is too weak I honestly don't understand what that whole thing about being ranged was about.

Lol, i just thought it was an ignored fact. It doesnt help in races at all. Spells and ST are superior.

Ranger is actually OK in BLAMT because no mana cost with her ranged attack.
"
"
SlixSC wrote:
"

Lol, i just thought it was an ignored fact. It doesnt help in races at all. Spells and ST are superior.

Don't worry people are well aware of that. But, as you say yourself, it doesn't help at all in races so it's not even worth mentioning.

It's not really an advantage in 99% of the possible scenarios (especially in Descent:Champions where you go Point Blank - effectively playing melee for max. dmg) and it does nothing to balance out all the cons of playing ranger (less damage, less life, more expensive gear, less/no passive resists).
#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
"
SlixSC wrote:
"
"
SlixSC wrote:

Don't worry people are well aware of that. But, as you say yourself, it doesn't help at all in races so it's not even worth mentioning.

It's not really an advantage in 99% of the possible scenarios (especially in Descent:Champions where you go Point Blank - effectively playing melee for max. dmg) and it does nothing to balance out all the cons of playing ranger (less damage, less life, more expensive gear, less/no passive resists).

Well, rangers suffer from the long term vs short term effect. In the long run a ranger can get very strong, still less defensive than most melees but high damage nonetheless but in races you dont have that long term benefit at all as the race only lasts a few minutes to an hour.
"
Well, rangers suffer from the long term vs short term effect. In the long run a ranger can get very strong, still less defensive than most melees but high damage nonetheless but in races you dont have that long term benefit at all as the race only lasts a few minutes to an hour.

Pray tell what can a ranger do better that a melee character can't do better in any race format? Last I remembered, you could melee down Grav in a 3 hour race faster than any ranger could even hope to do it.

Lets not forget the wonderful fact that you only need to roll both your quiver and bow.

There is no long-term advantage to a bow ranger that any other class cannot do better or equally as good.
"
Lyralei wrote:
"

Pray tell what can a ranger do better that a melee character can't do better in any race format? Last I remembered, you could melee down Grav in a 3 hour race faster than any ranger could even hope to do it.

Lets not forget the wonderful fact that you only need to roll both your quiver and bow.

There is no long-term advantage to a bow ranger that any other class cannot do better or equally as good.

I wasnt talking about races...

...in races rangers are just plain useless except for maybe BLAMT but even that is doable with scion and good life management.
"
"
Lyralei wrote:
"

...in races rangers are just plain useless except for maybe BLAMT but even that is doable with scion and good life management.

..so why are you posting in Race and Season Feedback again?
Last edited by Lyralei on Jun 22, 2014, 7:45:30 AM
"
Lyralei wrote:
"
"
Lyralei wrote:

..so why are you posting in Race and Season Feedback again?

So why are you antagonizing me instead of posting feedback? If you havent noticed, i post feedback, you just attack me for no reason. Im done talking to you.
You haven't actually been posting anything relevant to the topic "state of ranger in vanilla descent" so it hardly counts as feedback really.

You first argue that rangers have the "range" advantage and then you go on to say rangers fucking suck at races..in a topic about rangers in races. Then you go on to say they're ok in BLAMT which has nothing to do with Vanilla DESCENT. And when I ask you what kind of advantages do rangers have in any race format, you go on to say that you weren't talking about racing.

So what the actual fuck are you trying to say!?
Ranger 2ez in descent. Just gotta know how to talk to Bramblemist.

nom nom nom default attack

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info