The state of Ranger in vanilla Descent.

But Janimauk I can't tell the difference between your first picture and your second one Keepo.
IGN: Hybris_the_StormHerald - Nemesis
Season 3 - #3 Marauder - #15 overall points
Season 4 - #2 Marauder - #2 Duelist - #9 overall points
Season 5 - #1 Marauder - #2 Duelist - #20 overall points
rip in pepperoni male ranger
"
Hybriis wrote:
But Janimauk I can't tell the difference between your first picture and your second one Keepo.

my dad is jagex mod he will ban you noob
You cant compare rangers to melee chars because shes ranged and that is an advantage over the melee char. The thing is though the scion gets ST from the start and all you need is a 2h weapon and you own the races. 2h weapon dps even with ST is just so much higher than a ranger can get from a bow and theyre both ranged.
"
You cant compare rangers to melee chars because shes ranged and that is an advantage over the melee char. The thing is though the scion gets ST from the start and all you need is a 2h weapon and you own the races. 2h weapon dps even with ST is just so much higher than a ranger can get from a bow and theyre both ranged.

The ranged "advantage" is already compensated by ranger having less life than melee characters (in general) and later on a lack of passive resists.

Plus, in Descent Champions ranger is going PB which effectively makes ranger a melee class.

Being ranged is almost never really an advantage in PoE anyway outside of very few scenarios. Most monsters in PoE automatically swarm you the moment they see you and there are hardly any monster types where ranged is actually advantaged, at least in races.

edit: And even if what you are saying was true (it isn't - it's complete bullshit - but let's just assume it's true for the sake of argument), you still would have no way of explaining why it must be the case that ranger has to spend more currency on upgrading their weapons (mainhand-offhand) than melee characters? Are we to believe that simply being ranged (which as I already said is hardly ever an actual advantage) must be compensated for by having less damage, less life, less resists and more expensive gear.

If this was really true and GGG's intention, I would have to say you are actually right in that we shouldn't be complaining, but instead just conclude that ranger is fundamentally unviable for racing and will always be.

So yeah, you just convinced me, I should probably start playing Witch or Templar like everyone else, thanks alot.
#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
Last edited by SlixSC on Jun 22, 2014, 2:44:06 AM
"
SlixSC wrote:
"

The ranged "advantage" is already compensated by ranger having less life than melee characters (in general) and later on a lack of passive resists.

Plus, in Descent Champions ranger is going PB which effectively makes ranger a melee class.

Being ranged is almost never really an advantage in PoE anyway outside of very few scenarios. Most monsters in PoE automatically swarm you the moment they see you and there are hardly any monster types where ranged is actually advantaged, at least in races.

edit: And even if what you are saying was true (it isn't - it's complete bullshit - but let's just assume it's true for the sake of argument), you still would have no way of explaining why it must be the case that ranger has to spend more currency on upgrading their weapons (mainhand-offhand) than melee characters? Are we to believe that simply being ranged (which as I already said is hardly ever an actual advantage) must be compensated for by having less damage, less life, less resists and more expensive gear.

If this was really true and GGG's intention, I would have to say you are actually right in that we shouldn't be complaining, but instead just conclude that ranger is fundamentally unviable for racing and will always be.

So yeah, you just convinced me, I should probably start playing Witch or Templar like everyone else, thanks alot.

Fact is, rangers are too weak for races.
"
"
SlixSC wrote:
"

Well... yeah. That's what people are complaining about (myself included), the fact that they are ranged makes no difference whatsoever.
#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
"
SlixSC wrote:
"
"
SlixSC wrote:

Well... yeah. That's what people are complaining about (myself included), the fact that they are ranged makes no difference whatsoever.

Thats why i quit using her, shes no good as the scion is superior in anyway with her life and regen nodes right at the start plus scions dps is better from the get go as well.
nice quoting
alt art shop view-thread/1195695
t.me/jstqw for contact
"
jstq wrote:
nice quoting

?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info