Snapshotting

This hot swap idea brings a potential new abuse to mind, that of summoning minions with reduced mana (eg) and hot swapping in all the big cost supports via a script.

if possible, im not sure that its any better or less undesirable than snapshotting

Just a thought...

B.
The Preceding message contains discretion.
Viewer nudity is advised.
Last edited by bredin on Jul 18, 2014, 7:03:09 AM
how about increased duration with Chober Chaber?

If I have this item in second weapon slot and use it to summon ie. Animate Weapon (using gems in my chest), will the duration bonus persist after I switch back to my main weapon set? Is this considered snapshotting?
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
"
Ludvator wrote:

If I have this item in second weapon slot and use it to summon ie. Animate Weapon (using gems in my chest), will the duration bonus persist after I switch back to my main weapon set? Is this considered snapshotting?

yes it does.
"
Ludvator wrote:

Snapshotting is every switching of current items with other items. Why would this be any different?
So people who are new to this game will never ever be able to do those snapshot builds, for overpowered gear/items/builds you will need tons of exalted orbs/mirriors to get such a high damage based build, which took me longer then 1 year to even earn this currency to buy those items, and i still don't have the max amount of currency to buy those gear. I think snapshotting is what people wannabe play this game/builds because they are good and cool to play, which means nerfing this might make people quit/or even destroy somebody his build/tree.

Low Life Spectral throw is my build, which means i won't be able to use spectral throw since i will be only having 86 mana left and still able to run 5 aura's with blood magic/reduced mana on tree/gems. In other words, nerfing all builds around Path Of Exile.

Those builds is something different then ground slam, those builds cost a tons of currency which needs years to safe for. In my opinion, give those people a reward for having this kind of amazing gear/items/builds or overpowered build whatever you want to call it yourself.

Playing for this long, you should be rewarded for having such an amazing build like this. That's what you play for isnt it? What's the differents after patch? 5 aura's same DPS same gear same items with the same build.

Snaphotting should be allowed, You pay tons of currency for this build. If you have it, you should be rewarded... Not like this to remove snapshotting. I hope people don't quit because of this, which whould be amazing dissapointing.
"
JustLikeOzzi wrote:
So people who are new to this game will never ever be able to do those snapshot builds, for overpowered gear/items/builds you will need tons of exalted orbs/mirriors to get such a high damage based build, which took me longer then 1 year to even earn this currency to buy those items, and i still don't have the max amount of currency to buy those gear. I think snapshotting is what people wannabe play this game/builds because they are good and cool to play, which means nerfing this might make people quit/or even destroy somebody his build/tree.

Low Life Spectral throw is my build, which means i won't be able to use spectral throw since i will be only having 86 mana left and still able to run 5 aura's with blood magic/reduced mana on tree/gems. In other words, nerfing all builds around Path Of Exile.

Those builds is something different then ground slam, those builds cost a tons of currency which needs years to safe for. In my opinion, give those people a reward for having this kind of amazing gear/items/builds or overpowered build whatever you want to call it yourself.

Playing for this long, you should be rewarded for having such an amazing build like this. That's what you play for isnt it? What's the differents after patch? 5 aura's same DPS same gear same items with the same build.

Snaphotting should be allowed, You pay tons of currency for this build. If you have it, you should be rewarded... Not like this to remove snapshotting. I hope people don't quit because of this, which whould be amazing dissapointing.

Get rid of some auras then to have more mana. Whats the problem?

You dont pay real currency though, do you? Only virtual one, so it doesnt really matter. I rather have a balanced game than an unbalanced one.

Next time, dont use exploits.
"
"
JustLikeOzzi wrote:

Get rid of some auras then to have more mana. Whats the problem?

You dont pay real currency though, do you? Only virtual one, so it doesnt really matter. I rather have a balanced game than an unbalanced one.

Next time, dont use exploits.

I already get 1 shotted by mobs, what is unbalanced about it? Having more dps/aura's by switching one item? what a joke.
"
commonjunks wrote:
"
Ludvator wrote:

yes it does.

ok, but will this case be "fixed"? I mean changing life duration on existing entities on the fly can be very problematic. So if I cast it and then switch to Chober Chaber, do I get bonus seconds?
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
"
Wraeclastian wrote:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
This article was written by me, Nick and Brian.[/b]

This article was written by Nick, Brian, and I.

Actually, written correctly, the sentence would be: "This article was written by Nick, Brian, and me."

This is because the personal pronoun remains the same regardless of other nouns listed with it. Here are some tips to help you get it right:

Use the pronoun I, along with other subjective pronouns such as we, he, she, you, and they, when the pronoun is the subject of a verb:

He went to bed.

We waited for the bus.

Clare and I are going for a coffee.

In the last example, the pronoun I, together with the proper noun Clare, forms the subject of the sentence, so you need to use I rather than me.

Use the pronoun me, along with other objective pronouns such as us, him, her, you, and them, when the pronoun is the object of a verb:

Danny thanked them.

The dog followed John and me to the door.

In the last example, the pronoun me, together with the proper noun John, forms the object of the verb follow, so you need to use me rather than I.

Use the pronoun me, along with other objective pronouns such as us, him, her, you, and them, when the pronoun is the object of a preposition:

Rose spent the day with Jake and me.

Me, together with Jake, forms the object of the preposition with, so you need to use the pronoun me rather than the pronoun I.
I haven't read through the entire thread, but if snapshotting is fixed, then you could summon animated weapons (or zombies) with, say, reduced mana in a red slot and after all the minions are up, switch the gem for multistrike or melee splash. (Let's say you have various auras and become limited by mana when trying to animate a pile of 20 weapons outside the boss room. You could work around that by turning off one of your auras while summoning but this way seems a little easier.)
Since you've changed the gem, your minions should have the new gem property without the extra mana cost, yes?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info