Snapshotting

"
silumit wrote:
"
Ghazzy wrote:
And I would like to add that i am super glad about the fix, snapshotting is the worst shit in the game. Sadly It's mandatory to be able to run Uber Atziri atm.
No.

Oh alright mr. Let me add that it is mandatory for SUMMONERS then.
In case you havn't noticed there are only 2 confirmed Uber Atziri kills by summoners, YamiRody and myself. And only one of us are running Uber Atziri Services.

And here we go again, arguementing instead of actually providing feedback to the devs, i'll crawl back to being a viewer on the thread instead of taking part of this chaotic mess.
Due to popular demand and me not being a full-time streamer I'm unable to go through all forum threads as I used to, however, I still respond to every question on my YouTube videos!
Build Guides: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1686036
https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
"
Ghazzy wrote:
"
silumit wrote:
"
Ghazzy wrote:
And I would like to add that i am super glad about the fix, snapshotting is the worst shit in the game. Sadly It's mandatory to be able to run Uber Atziri atm.
No.

In case you havn't noticed there are only 2 confirmed Uber Atziri kills by summoners, YamiRody and myself. And only one of us are running Uber Atziri Services.

And here we go again, arguementing instead of actually providing feedback to the devs, i'll crawl back to being a viewer on the thread instead of taking part of this chaotic mess.

Nah, put the truth out there.

I don't agree with this "not gonna change or buff" crap.

Snapshotting was never a lose-lose situation, it was a lose-win, if you have to snapshot to make Righteous Fire viable then PoE loses but the player wins. Since you're not going to be handing out too many buffs I can only imagine now that the outcome is win-lose; Poe wins but the player loses.

If the case is that you have to snapshot RF to make it viable then stop nerfing it (AND LIFE) and let it be good at some thing that's accessible to players who aren't filthy rich. It's already a really slow skill in the meta, if there's no compensation to the nerf then Righteous Fire is just going to join the rank of it's counterpart in attack based meta, Melee. Yeah, that's what we need, more no-range no-dmg bull crap. Such Balance. While you're at it how about doing something about Spectral Throw? You already nerfed Scion's starting area into an uninspired oblivion(it needed a nerf but the one you gave it was just a direct -50%)!!!!!! However, Spectral Throw's still trumping everything else in the meta with no sign of uninspired oblivion nerf...

I don't even want to get started on summoners. Every summoner item in the game is only "meta-worthy" with snap-shotting... The consideration that you have about how snapshotting currently affects the ability to release new items is absolute bullshit if you don't intend to buff summoners or summoner items.

Lastly, GGG, you seem kinda pissed off at your player base for snapshotting, in both the snapshot build of the week and this snapshot manifesto... It's not our fucking fault the game was released in an exploitable state.

Not only was it released in an exploitable state, but it was released in a state that has what I feel to be a literal requirement to exploit everything just to be on par with the difficulty curve that's slammed on players after they hit merciless a3+++

The constant fucking annoyance of having to raise your resists again and again to 75% all the while sacrificing your damage and defense versus physical spells to oblivious amounts so much so that the only way a melee character stands a fucking chance is to forgo even more god damn damage to build block And waste gear slots on spell block because even 79% resists aren't a fucking nuff to take more than a few successive hits without blowing all your flasks, and god forbid something with chaos damage comes in and kills you in less than a second because you're already struggling to compensate for a 400%+ resist deficit with all of your gear, so forget trying to get the other 135% that only appears just enough to be a a major dick in the ass. ...And yeah, you literally have to be at cap, apart from chaos damage, the game wasn't designed around having 0% resists, it was designed around having 93% resists in my personal opinion. Not to mention that most of your active gems are completely useless, Spectral Throw trumps everything, and you're nerfing the other two main builds that's done Uber Atziri. Oh and that's another thing, if your build can't do Atziri it's automatically not a "viable" build. Great Design! ^_^b Unwavering Stance, Immune to Status, Resists Ele and Chaos.

TL;DR:
Way to nerf the only two other builds capable of doing Uber Atziri effectively!

Surely, you understand that you're stripping away even more creative options from your meta-game.

Based on the opinion that you do, then I can only assume that this is a marketing tactic, people will play longer if they have to go after the supreme meta of Spectral Throw. Maybe I'm a conspiracy nut. Maybe I'm right.

Point is, I demand compensation to the nerfs, otherwise I'm not going to do the shav's, coe, loath bane, spectral throw requirement just to do good enough damage to fight something like Atziri, balance your damn game.

Last edited by Do_odle on Jul 9, 2014, 11:17:23 PM

In case you havn't noticed there are only 2 confirmed Uber Atziri kills by summoners, YamiRody and myself.

Nah, put the truth out there.

I don't agree with this "not gonna change or buff" crap.

Snapshotting was never a lose-lose situation, it was a lose-win, if you have to snapshot to make Righteous Fire viable then PoE loses but the player wins. Since you're not going to be handing out too many buffs I can only imagine now that the outcome is win-lose; Poe wins but the player loses.

If the case is that you have to snapshot RF to make it viable then stop nerfing it (AND LIFE) and let it be good at some thing that's accessible to players who aren't filthy rich. It's already a really slow skill in the meta, if there's no compensation to the nerf then Righteous Fire is just going to join the rank of it's counterpart in attack based meta, Melee. Yeah, that's what we need, more no-range no-dmg bull crap. Such Balance. While you're at it how about doing something about Spectral Throw? You already nerfed Scion's starting area into an uninspired oblivion(it needed a nerf but the one you gave it was just a direct -50%)!!!!!! However, Spectral Throw's still trumping everything else in the meta with no sign of uninspired oblivion nerf...

I don't even want to get started on summoners. Every summoner item in the game is only "meta-worthy" with snap-shotting... The consideration that you have about how snapshotting currently affects the ability to release new items is absolute bullshit if you don't intend to buff summoners or summoner items.

Lastly, GGG, you seem kinda pissed off at your player base for snapshotting, in both the snapshot build of the week and this snapshot manifesto... It's not our fucking fault the game was released in an exploitable state.

Not only was it released in an exploitable state, but it was released in a state that has what I feel to be a literal requirement to exploit everything just to be on par with the difficulty curve that's slammed on players after they hit merciless a3+++

The constant fucking annoyance of having to raise your resists again and again to 75% all the while sacrificing your damage and defense versus physical spells to oblivious amounts so much so that the only way a melee character stands a fucking chance is to forgo even more god damn damage to build block And waste gear slots on spell block because even 79% resists aren't a fucking nuff to take more than a few successive hits without blowing all your flasks, and god forbid something with chaos damage comes in and kills you in less than a second because you're already struggling to compensate for a 400%+ resist deficit with all of your gear, so forget trying to get the other 135% that only appears just enough to be a a major dick in the ass. ...And yeah, you literally have to be at cap, apart from chaos damage, the game wasn't designed around having 0% resists, it was designed around having 93% resists in my personal opinion. Not to mention that most of your active gems are completely useless, Spectral Throw trumps everything, and you're nerfing the other two main builds that's done Uber Atziri. Oh and that's another thing, if your build can't do Atziri it's automatically not a "viable" build. Great Design! ^_^b Unwavering Stance, Immune to Status, Resists Ele and Chaos.

TL;DR:
Way to nerf the only two other builds capable of doing Uber Atziri effectively!

Surely, you understand that you're stripping away even more creative options from your meta-game.

Based on the opinion that you do, then I can only assume that this is a marketing tactic, people will play longer if they have to go after the supreme meta of Spectral Throw. Maybe I'm a conspiracy nut. Maybe I'm right.

Point is, I demand compensation to the nerfs, otherwise I'm not going to do the shav's, coe, loath bane, spectral throw requirement just to do good enough damage to fight something like Atziri, balance your damn game.

[/quote]

Agreed
Has anyone posting in here crying ever wondered that GGG might nerf Atziri as well? So more builds and players can take her down? Probably not, youre all to busy with complaining about the exploit fix and crying about summoner buffs.
^^^ We can't all be pro summoners Dirk. Will you please outline in great detail for me how I can attain a pro summoner status? Tell me what gems to link, what skills to use, and exactly how hard to suckle GGG's teat.
IGN=ZeroLooper
Nerfing Atziri would be just dumb...
But i agree that after ban of snapshot summoners need a buff.
"
^^^ We can't all be pro summoners Dirk. Will you please outline in great detail for me how I can attain a pro summoner status? Tell me what gems to link, what skills to use, and exactly how hard to suckle GGG's teat.

Just to put this out there: I read his "pro summoner" statement as him meaning he was all for summoners and stood behind the build(s)... but maybe I just read his intentions wrong, heh.
And then Boem said, "You're a goat eating a toilet, so you are absolved of any and all errors."
I can see that your dev team still haven't figured out after so many years wtf to do with the

summoners .

You promote "build diversity " , when 90 % of the builds in the game can't do

end game content due to terribly balanced zones / gems / passives / uniques that drop ONLY

from the end game content .

4-5 end game viable builds and a small bag of usefull skills , is what you created for years.

At least balance these skills / gems / uniques that are worth something and let them be .

Not even going to bother with the game engine which it is simply a blast from the past .

[Post Edited by Support]
R.I.P 4.B.
Last edited by Yeran_GGG on Jul 11, 2014, 2:48:41 AM
Can't you see GGG don't post here they let the thread open and no reply....and yea if they remove snapshoting only way to play this game will be low life ST,because there won't be anything else strong enought to do atziri without having a 90% chance of failing:( sad but summoner items are completly crap and useless for caster.no one will ever use them because they offer nothing they got soo damn bad stats that no one will be able to run them or yea run them and have - rezistances and 2k es or rly low Life! you just have to sacrifice yourself for your minions no one will do that.Too bad that this game summoner relay on stupid things like snapshot:( without it let's be honest Summoner can't do shit atm!You GGG just nerf evrything at summoners all the spectres,and what you do about that low life spectral throw that just facetank uber atziri without even geting hurt...
Hm i don´t know whats coming this way... but my summoner is fun even without snapshotting (ain´t got the gear for that) and my zombies are not 6k HP monsters but they won´t die anyway, i have just 737HP and around 1500ES and i use the life to run an additional aura. Im really a weak little witch with 80%resists. My minions are killing all the bad guys while i´m hiding. So there isn´t much to worry about right now... lets see whats coming and then cry if needed.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info