Anu's Self Found Gang.

So, Pathfinder, huh?

OK, I made the Blade Vortex Pathfinder as a Shaper killer. Not EW capped, not really great for mapping, relying on flasks for everything. It was OK, I think I got her to a 185k tooltip with conc and all 5 flasks up, all the immunities, great leech and all that with flasks up and the Pathfinder passives granting the ability to keep those flasks up. But if they were not up, shit goes a bit wrong and man, fuck that perfect flasking or die shit.

So how about Assassin?

2 open gem slots are for situational swaps, see below.

Tree.

I don't need Increased Critical Strikes gem, thanks to Assassin.
I get more multiplier with Assassin.
I can use the free gem slot for Life Leech.
I'm still running Warlord's Mark on Blasphemy for mana leech, and extra life leech from bosses as well as being enough life leech by itself on packs and granting ECs. So I can use Empower for clearing.
I have all my shock, freeze bleeding and warding immunities on surgeon flasks, I have the leech, I have effective 8k stun threshold. So what an I losing? Let's look at the damage.

General clearing.
Empower, Increased AoE, Promise Flask.

Boss kills.
Life Leech, Conc Effect, Promise Flask.

Shaper kills, I'll use ToH here.
Life Leech, Conc Effect, Promise and ToH Flasks.

And just to see the damage using the 5 Pathfinder Flasks, Empower and Conc.
Empower, Conc Effect, Kiara's, ToH, Vinktar, Promise, Challice.

I have 90% crit chance charged (which I could easily take to 95%). + 100% MORE against enemies on full life and enemies on low life, hidden damage.

I have 689 crit multi. + 40% against enemies on full life, hidden damage.

I have 30% increased damage against enemies on low life, hidden damage.

I have free culling strike.

I leech three times the amount of life that I was leeching with Vinktar on Pathfinder.

Oh, and EW capped (without flasks of course).

Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Oct 24, 2016, 6:01:36 PM
Is it really a fair comparison between ascendancies if the gear is so different though?

Double Void Battery for instance seems like a big deal compared to dagger + shield.

You're using on your Assassin gear that you have carefully assembled for many months (years?) to synergise perfectly for your Low life Crit casters, VS what seems to be a few days old Pathfinder.

What happens when you put the exact same gear on one or another? Does either of the builds break in some way?

"
Bebekija wrote:
Is it really a fair comparison between ascendancies if the gear is so different though?

Double Void Battery for instance seems like a big deal compared to dagger + shield.

You're using on your Assassin gear that you have carefully assembled for many months (years?) to synergise perfectly for your Low life Crit casters, VS what seems to be a few days old Pathfinder.

What happens when you put the exact same gear on one or another? Does either of the builds break in some way?

It's the gear the Pathfinder was using. Other than the voids instead of dagger+shield. And the rings didn't need to be crit so could leave the rings the Pathfinder was using on the CoC character that also uses them.

Voids are actually pretty shit now when not Assassin. Because they lack flat ele and multi. For example this wand
actually beats a Void Battery for non-Assassin crit caster. Look at it, it has 2 totally irrelevant mods, 3 good crit caster mods and one master craft, it doesn't even have crit multi.

Voids shine currently only because of Assassin's power charge related passives.

You know how GGG began to introduce ascendancy class related uniques? The Deadeye bow, the Juggernaut chest? Well, Void Battery defaulted into the very first ascendancy class unique in 2.2 (Ascendancy) after being upstaged in 2.0 by far more than only the very best rare wands (as used to be pre 2.0).
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Oct 14, 2016, 12:31:29 PM
Casually casual.

Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Oct 22, 2016, 3:06:32 AM
Casually casual.

Casually casual.

Wow u have lot of gg gearz mate. Can you defeat ubar atzoro with them?
"
Wow u have lot of gg gearz mate. Can you defeat ubar atzoro with them?

he haz an Acuitity
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Casually casual.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info