TheAnuhart wrote:

Chanced Shav's, +1 divine.

Ahhh, well.

You have a problem. Lol.
I love pie.
"
TheAnuhart wrote:

Pretty fucking sweet!
OK, guys, here's the quad curse Scorching Ray Occultist.

Current stats.

Energy Shield - 14,005. This is with pretty meh ES gear, using a staff, Blood Dance boots and Dooder's ring. I could add 1.5k+ ES to that by simply robbing ES gloves and helm off of another character and rechroming a slightly better chest I have (fuck you 6 off Vaal Regalia) and still not be using GG gear.

Scorching Ray - 20,660.5 tooltip in HO. 39,422.4 in combat with flasks, charges and EO. Still working on gems, Rapid Decay has another 2 levels to get, Ele Focus has another 1 level to get.

Regen - 1,041.3 ES regen per sec in HO. 1,741 with 5 frenzies. 2,301 on consecrated ground.
Vile Bastion gives a further 0.5% ES/s for 4 secs for every kill. This stacks up to silly amounts. Commandment of Light enchant on gloves is insane, what it does is this: When you receive a crit, it creates a version of consecrated ground (which does not stack with other versions) while on the area it takes your % life regeneration and doubles it, you then get the 4% that consecrated ground offers normally on top. This of course is converted via Zealot's Oath to ES regen along with your flat regen from Golem and then adds in with the ES regen from Vile Bastion. My ES regen bounces between the 1,041 minimum to 5,6,7, even 8k per sec.

Orb of Storms - I have Orb of Storms in a 6 link utility set up. It is used to proc EE, it is used to proc EO, it is used to curse. Originally I had OoS, CoH, EW, Flam, TC and Increased Critical Strikes. The latter gem is used to boost the base 6% crit chance to ~17% in order to proc EO. I was a bit concerned that my Ray was hitting monsters which were not cursed and tried Chain instead of ICS, while expecting the benefit of a lot bigger curse area, I also expected issues with EO. What I got was a far, far better up time of EO. It seems, for some weird reason, that OoS rolls on every chain. This does have a lower proc on bosses without adds, but it really isn't an issue and the benefits otherwise are real good.

Curses - Quad curse. Orb of storms is tri-cursing with TC, Flam and EW. Witchfire Brew is cursing with Vuln. With EE, curses, curse effect and SR resist mechanics I'm reducing (non boss) monster resists by ~182, slowing them with TC and doing 33% MORE degen with Vuln.

Tree @ 100

Bandits
Point
Point
Cretin

Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Nov 23, 2016, 5:26:28 PM
Casually casual.

Fifth time the charm?...We'll see!

I noticed after your Shav's attempt n°4 video that you've respeced your Whispering Ice character out of Avatar of Fire. Is this a recent change? What was the reasoning behind it?

Also, I have a more general question about your SSF playstyle, specifically about your "jewelry strategy".
I'm having a really hard time deciding when or why I should keep a piece of jewelry or discard it for recipes. I usually have a good understanding of what my current build needs, but when you play SSF you also have to keep things that you don't need right now but might prove useful in the future, and that's where I'm usually undecided.

What is your general strategy about this? Do you have certain requisites in terms of number of "good" affixes"? Tiers? etc...
At least one of AnusCoc's rings looks like it was crafted from scratch. Did you just decide to craft it because you had nothing good in stash to cover your resists, or because you had alts to spare, was there something else behind?

Last edited by Bebekija on Nov 23, 2016, 5:10:51 AM
The WI char is a guardian. The AoF WI I played was a Scion.

I pondered with going AoF with this one but didn't bother. While it is only 1 point for AoF, then there's CtF gem, which while still a great gem, there are other gems such as Ele Focus which are now available. You'd also want to be taking Snowforged which is another 3 points.

This Guardian build is more focused on going full unique (although I do still use rare gloves) and going really OTT in stacking int. It doesn't take increased duration, doesn't take any %ES, doesn't use anything other than int conversion jewels other than one solitary jewel (which would actually still be better using a prismatic). The huge int stacking and the guardian ascendancy mechanics alone scale everything.

There's other differences such as low life, no US but using Skyforth, VP whereas I was regen with the Scion, I took all the AoE and used conc permanently to counter it on the Scion. In the end I just concluded that the Guardian would be a very different build than the Scion and tried not to merge factors of the Scion build just because they worked, because the Guardian works for other reasons which the Scion didn't use.

The guardian is fun because of the mechanics of the ascendancy, in the VoD he was just using a lvl 20 disc with a lvl 3 empower. With a 21 and 4, he literally gains 7.5k ES (4.6 to 12.1) as well as 5k armour all the capped resists and 83 max cold res when he powers up his auras :P

As for your Q about jewellery. I hoarded for a long time, just keeping any ammy and ring that could be used as a swap to enable an upgrade in another slot. As the thousands of hours pile up, you tend to not use the hoard, but have a handful of jewellery pieces that will always be rotated. I've recently started using up my tabs of ammys in recipes because at this point they won't ever be used. Several thousand hours ago, though, I would never have reciped them.

The crafted ring you mentioned was indeed crafted from scratch. It isn't something I do often. I always have several crafts on the go which SSF exalts cannot sustain, some will be in the crafting stage indefinitely, put on hold or dismissed. With exalts being so rare, it's not wise to frequently add to the backlog of crafts :D.

This is the ring I guess you mean.

Yeah, I was lucky, there.

I still have this which I fully intend to prefix wipe and craft

And this which I intend to suffix wipe and craft

I was also going to prefix wipe this
but then I crafted the ES% and I dunno. Probably just yolo and then maybe prefix wipe if it doesn't hit flat ES.
Casually casual.

Casually casual.

"
TheAnuhart wrote:

GG! first try eh ;)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info