Anu's Self Found Gang.

Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on May 27, 2016, 9:40:37 AM
"
TheAnuhart wrote:

I'm jealous of you. I've chanced every sorc boots ive came across and never got them lol, although I'm not solo-self found so i bought mine but still.. Congratulations though
Haha that's crazy. Beat the game (again) right there!
Aaaaand done.

:P

So, to recap.

5 weeks ago to the day I ascended my arcer and decided I need to farm another Void Battery (to dual wield) and another pair of Skyforths (to enchant as I vaaled both my pair before Ascendancy, lol) Solo Self Found, ofc.

Many people were triggered over this 5 week period when I'd periodically turn a couple of thousand alterations into jeweller's, then into fuses, then into chance orbs, then into scours, at the vendor. Scour/Chance away on a Prophecy Wand then go back to farming. Picking up every rare, every orb, and seemingly odd white items, as well as white Sorcerer Boots, Prophecy Wands and Assassin's Mitts.

The Assassin's Mitts are for another project (trying to get +1 gem Snakebites), the wands and boots obviously for Void Battery and Skyforth chancing, but the 'seemingly odd whites' were for the chance orb recipe and alch recipe.

Virtually every unique item drop is put aside, the base added to loot filter and a URMW 5 chance orb recipe completed some time later. Sometimes by adding a rare, a white and transmuting a magic, often times by alching for the rare. To keep the supply of alchs, another recipe is ongoing.. any rare armour of 14Q or more is put aside and that base added to the loot filter, with scraps and a transmute, the RMW 20Q alch recipe is completed.

Nearly every small currency, every rare, every unique that drops is converted somehow to chances and/or scours. All (non-recipe) rares are vended for alch and alt shards, the alchs go towards making the chance recipe, the alts converted to chance/scours at some point later, other small currencies convert to alts. Jeweller's and fuses, as explained earlier, are part of the vendor chain to chances and scours. Regals are also used, as described below.

Single property jewels are put aside, regal recipes are completed, every so often I'll use a few stacks of regals on single property jewels, turning them into 2 property rare items which vendor for scours.

I'm basically, deterministically farming for the item I want, diverting all of my resources into that goal, while (unlike divination cards) having the freedom to do it where I want.

I hit the Void Battery exactly 1 week ago (4 weeks after beginning), sadly I wasn't streaming but had a fit in JackCain's stream chat :D when I hit it.

Another week, 5 weeks to the day after beginning, I hit the Skyforths. 3 divines later I hit 119 mana, several lab runs later and the goal is complete.

Moral?

Deterministic farming was always a thing. Funny thing is, if there was a divination card for these 2 elite tier uniques, not only would I probably be limited to a certain zone, I'd likely be gated from it in some way, like a high tier map, and I'd most likely be nowhere near a full set for either, if I even had a single drop.

Edit: 7.5 weeks later, we got the +1 snakes.
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Aug 9, 2016, 4:58:56 AM
Casually casual.

Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Jun 2, 2016, 3:18:48 PM
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
Deterministic farming was always a thing. Funny thing is, if there was a divination card for these 2 elite tier uniques, not only would I probably be limited to a certain zone, I'd likely be gated from it in some way, like a high tier map, and I'd most likely be nowhere near a full set for either, if I even had a single drop.

I understand where you're coming from, but it's a bit like me saying everyone can buy a Bugatti Veyron.

Sure, they could if they had an infinite life to earn $5 an hour towards the car. How many hours did you play during those 5 weeks?

Edit: though you could reasonably argue that chancing is effectively *as* deterministic as cards i.e. only partly at best, since both involve a random chance of an event occurring (card drop vs get item you want) and the only truly deterministic part is handing in the cards.
Last edited by davidnn5 on Jun 2, 2016, 4:13:53 PM
"
davidnn5 wrote:
"
TheAnuhart wrote:

I understand where you're coming from, but it's a bit like me saying everyone can buy a Bugatti Veyron.

Sure, they could if they had an infinite life to earn $5 an hour towards the car. How many hours did you play during those 5 weeks?

Edit: though you could reasonably argue that chancing is effectively *as* deterministic as cards i.e. only partly at best, since both involve a random chance of an event occurring (card drop vs get item you want) and the only truly deterministic part is handing in the cards.

I'm not sure how you quoted that and totally missed it.

IF there was a card for either Skyforth or Void Battery, I'd be nowhere near completing either, if I even had a single card with the same time invested.

Casually casual.

Perhaps, but is your time spent the average time spent? I remember your signature talked about a requirement of - what, 400k hours? for an eternal to drop at one point.

Basically, it's a point of data, but it doesn't tell us much. The next one could take you 57 weeks using the same method.
"
davidnn5 wrote:
Perhaps, but is your time spent the average time spent? I remember your signature talked about a requirement of - what, 400k hours? for an eternal to drop at one point.

Basically, it's a point of data, but it doesn't tell us much. The next one could take you 57 weeks using the same method.

David, dude, lmao.

Wipe your mind, start again.

GGG described div cards as deterministic farming, a more deterministic way, systematically work your way to desirable items without relying totally on RNG, etc, etc.

Regardless of whether it took me 5 hours or 500 hours, I deterministically farmed those items, via a method that has always existed. Now, here's the relevant part, IF there was a divination card for Void Battery and/or Skyforth, you can bet your life I would NOT have farmed one or been even close to completing a set, if I even had a single card, IN THE SAME TIME.

You can challenge just how deterministic my method was, fine, my point is IT IS MORE DETERMINISTIC THAN THE THE DIV CARDS WOULD BE WHICH WERE LAUNCHED AS BEING MORE DETERMINISTIC.

Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Jun 3, 2016, 3:03:45 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info