Why not have an option to donate to get into beta?

I apologize if this ever been suggested. But I think it would help GGG out too. Obviously there's a huge demand for people who want to go into beta.

So why not have the ability to donate (sum money is up to GGG themselves) to get into closed beta? It's win-win, people who got money to burn get into beta, and those who can't afford whatever the price is would just have to hope to win a giveaway, or pray the timer favors them as it currently is. The money can be used for further development of the game as well.

Right now, I'm willing to pay as much as $20 or so just to even play in the closed beta.

I've already played a couple days of BF3 beta and as I expected I suck bad at it, so I'm actually getting more interest in this game than BF3 atm.

good idea, they should have some sort of thing that make people able to donate money to them. So they make some sort of profit, becouse it cant be completely free to make such a awsome game.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyMXYE_50Ts
It has been suggested numerous times, although GGG is very unlikely to ever do this. They want their game to be entirely free. Donations expect nothing in return; if you're giving money to GGG to get into the beta, you're buying the game.
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
"
whiteBoy88 wrote:
It has been suggested numerous times, although GGG is very unlikely to ever do this. They want their game to be entirely free. Donations expect nothing in return; if you're giving money to GGG to get into the beta, you're buying the game.

Even so, I'm aware of that. But I think they realize that it's at least a partial albeit small amount of revenue. If anything, people willing like myself know we are paying to get into a closed beta that's far from completion. We're only paying for access, but never the full game itself since in the end it will be F2P.

I'm no accountant, or in charge of their budget. But I don't think their servers upkeep/bandwidth costs among paying developers can be sustained with the F2P model with rather a DLC model of items that give no in game benefit. I can obviously be wrong here. But I feel a bit pessimistic about their monetary sustenance to keep the game afloat when it launches. Eventually they may turn up in the red for all we know.
Last edited by reciprocate on Sep 29, 2011, 6:41:58 PM
I would donate for a key!
I too would donate to the company for a beta key (unless the price was to high). (:
I am not a female, but I really wish I was. <3
Trust me you are not the first one who have made this type of thread... and on one of these type GGG anwered it would cost them much more by taking whatever donation to let you in than not doing so. Reason being they don't have enough of a support team to handle all the feedback right now.
They're intent on being ethical, which doesn't really allow for paying to jump to the front of the line.

It would be great if they would add a donation option. I would donate something. But, no one should get anything in return. Anyone who says he would donate for a key doesn't understand the difference between "donation" and "purchase."
Closed Beta/Alpha Tester back after a 10-year hiatus.
Kiwi pets and Spark spam FTW.
GGG has stated that this will be a FREE game, enabling donations is going against that principle.

It's that simple.
"
Gargo wrote:
GGG has stated that this will be a FREE game, enabling donations is going against that principle.

It's that simple.

I don't think you understand what donation means :)
I am not a female, but I really wish I was. <3

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info