Unusual CoC Cold Snap build (now with videos)

was trying a wand power siphon version of this build (witch)
power siphon+GMP+chain+CoC+cold snap+cold pen

it works better with a 6L because we need GMP :/
And mana cost is too hight.

despite this it can be more powerfull due to the spell damage mods on weapon and shield.

As i dont have a 6L voll's protector, i am trying a ranger bow with
SplitArrow+Chain+CoC+Cold snap+blood magic (dont have a Thief torment)
future tree : tree
This build is absolutely awesome. It is exactly the kind of build i looked for right now. I have never seen one like this before. Great work!

I would like to try it out in the Awakening but as it would be my first character in the challenge league I won't have the required gear and it would me take some time to get it.
Do you have an idea of a leveling build to still do dmg without the coc setup?
Maybe freeze pulse caster by just grabbing the spell dmg nodes or bow attack by first grabbing all bow crit and attack speed nodes?
I've been looking into some CoC builds and this one looks by far the best for me!

But i've got some questions first..

First of all, will this still be viable in 2.0?

If yes, then how would this work without the Greater/Lesser Multiple Projectile?
I've tested a little bit ingame now, and it looks like Lightning Arrow + Chain alone is able to do 10 ish hits? (Please correct me if i'm wrong here?)

Also, can you explain to me how this is so effective without any boosted damage for coldsnap? How is it possible to kill/clear everything, and so fast? :)

EDIT:
Forgot a question..
I would really love to make this build with Quill Rain.. Lesser crit chance but CRAZY fast attack speed.. Any idea how that would work?

Cheers mate.
Last edited by Raqion on Jul 12, 2015, 7:28:18 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info