Breakdown of Saturday's Marathon Sales Day

From what I´ve read so far I can agree with most of it.

I didn´t know a sale like this was coming up and by the time I woke up and noticed my dear Seraph spectral throw and Seraph Weapon effect were gone :(

Would apreciate it very much if (as mentioned already) the things would stay on sale for 24 hours instead in the (hopefully, sooner rather than later) upcoming 24h sale.
Oh and btw yeah some MTX are overpriced into the sky.

Just my 2c
"
Calypso589 wrote:
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
"
I am wondering why the 24hr sale was back-to-back, i.e. only 1 item every hour.

From what i've read on reddit, a fair number of people missed the sales because of time zone differences.

Why weren't all 24 sales items discounted for 24hrs duration? This way, nobody would have missed an item due to time zone differences.

Is there a particular reason why GGG chose to run the marathon this way? Are people more likely to purchase the current sales item if they don't know the next (and possibly the one they're waiting for)?

Am also curious about this.

No need to be curious.

the answer is simple.

They didn't think of it probably. lol

They said they'll build upon what they learned and I guarantee you scheduling is a part of that.

It is just people we're dealing with after all. Things will be better next time.

GGG are mere mortals you say? I find that highly speculative. ;)
Saved
"
Calypso589 wrote:
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
"

From what i've read on reddit, a fair number of people missed the sales because of time zone differences.

Why weren't all 24 sales items discounted for 24hrs duration? This way, nobody would have missed an item due to time zone differences.

Is there a particular reason why GGG chose to run the marathon this way? Are people more likely to purchase the current sales item if they don't know the next (and possibly the one they're waiting for)?

Am also curious about this.

No need to be curious.

the answer is simple.

They didn't think of it probably. lol

They said they'll build upon what they learned and I guarantee you scheduling is a part of that.

It is just people we're dealing with after all. Things will be better next time.

Double post :\
Saved
Last edited by 60x7 on Jun 9, 2014, 12:25:33 PM
I wanted the Tiki skin, but missed it and lamented the rest of the day with my 45 points.

As far as overpriced goes, I did notice those new wings were $36.00. Really? Really? Eyes are rolling hard on that one. Buy a new game , or buy those wings......
Last edited by BioNova on Jun 9, 2014, 12:35:47 PM
Thought it was a great idea and I was good with the way it was setup to be 1 deal per hour (and not giving list of those upcomming deals) I set my alarm to get up at 4am here to see what the first deal was and I saw all but the last 3 deals but if I hadn't already got the deal that I had posted I would (as well as one more I had not requested) I would have waited to see what they were too.
The idea behind this sale is a good one, but I agree with others posting here that the organization of it all was rather inconvenient. 1 Item per hour is exciting, yes, but unfair to those who may work or have other affairs stopping them from being on POE all day long. I for one missed all the great items a lot of people got to buy because I worked a double :/

I would really like to see the official voting implemented in the near future, as it would be a great way to show your thanks to us supporters (and a smart way to boost your sales, yeah?).

Overall, pretty disappointed.
sniped few, $$$ well spent :)
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
Last edited by Marxone on Jun 9, 2014, 2:09:38 PM
So sad, i was missed this sales day :((
Now wanna buy alot but i cant, really cant
Just think about it
Normally i can buy "Infernal Skull" with 220 point surely
But one day ago this price only a half
So i feel i will waste my money if buy one now!
Sad agian....
IGN: WhySoMap
Last edited by bluong1989 on Jun 9, 2014, 2:11:53 PM
i missed it too ;( i hopy soon will be next one
In order to get rid of clearspeed meta cap global movement speed at 100% but make all skills instant so everything feels great.
"

Why weren't all 24 sales items discounted over a 24hr period? This way, nobody would have missed an item due to time zone differences.

Is there a particular reason why GGG chose to run the marathon this way? Are people more likely to purchase the current sales item if they don't know what's coming up next?

If all items were discounted at 50% for a 24hr period, wouldn't more people be buying/spending points to purchase the deals?

I feel this 24hr sale (back-to-back) sends the wrong message that sleep is not important, which is a very dangerous one (health first!).

This. There are a number of items I would have purchased but missed the sale due to TZ. I agree that putting everything on sale at the same time for 24 hours was probably the better way to run this due to the differences in TZ.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info