Breakdown of Saturday's Marathon Sales Day

Im pretty dissapointed I missed the sales. As im still new to poe and I honestly dont have any mt yet. I was willing to buy a supporter pack and extra points to get some cool stuff but because of work I only saw a couple of items which werent worth it. Now I see the list has gear id want.....until next discount I guess, all sales items for 24hours wouldve been better
That was great. So when is the next 24 hourly sale???
I missed everything [I wanted]... :'(

40$ worth of discounts on items I want...

Guess I won't be buying myself a birthday present this year. >_<
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
"

Is there a particular reason why GGG chose to run the marathon this way? Are people more likely to purchase the current sales item if they don't know the next (and possibly the one they're waiting for)?

If they did them all at once, people would just say, "Ok, I have this much to spend..which ones do I want the most that I can get with that?" This way, it was more like, "Oh, I want that one *buy*. Oh and that one too. Oh and that one...hmm 10 points short though...oh what the hell, I'll just buy another pack and get it too. And now that one also looks nice. Oh damn, I've REALLY wanted that one for a while.... Hmm not sure if I want that one, but if the other piece of that set comes up later too, they'd really go well together on a new build I want to try eventually, better get it just in case..."
Last edited by Hodari on Jun 9, 2014, 2:19:21 AM
I liked the idea in general. But as you are an international game, you have the same problems you have with races: Run them in different time zones please. It would have been better to run a 12 hour sale and then repeat the items and then continue for another 12 hours for the next set of items. So everybody has a chance to spend all his hard earned cash.
I personally would have purchased at least 3 of these but I wasn't around when the particular item was on sale.

I don't remember seeing any forum post saying when some particular item would be on sale either.

So I really feel I had no hope (apart from the randomness of it all) of getting the MTX items I wanted.

Fail in my opinion. I will just wait until the items I want roll around to the daily deals I suppose.
Just a side note, you may find sales of Tiki/Olmec Totem increase if you allow them to be used with all totems, not just Spell/RA Totem.

I'm just going to assume there is some kind of mechanic that makes this difficult to implement.
Seraph Wings one of the top sellers
Spoiler
Last edited by lucksickle on Jun 9, 2014, 2:39:06 AM
"
Chameleon wrote:
I was very surprised no pets went on sale.

Have to agree, was really hoping to pickup one of the scorpions ( lightning, infernal or acid) as they are the most expensive.

Sadly to say not even one pet made it into the sale and I saw lots of requests for pets.
To Die Is Not An Option, To Fight Until DIESync Is The Only Answer. ☺☻☺

Happy Hunting Exiles.
Next time make hourly deals to be announced in-game. Many people (me included) missed stuff because we forgot to check forum every hour.
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Jun 9, 2014, 3:00:37 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info