Breakdown of Saturday's Marathon Sales Day

"
"
Chameleon wrote:
I was very surprised no pets went on sale.

Have to agree, was really hoping to pickup one of the scorpions ( lightning, infernal or acid) as they are the most expensive.

Sadly to say not even one pet made it into the sale and I saw lots of requests for pets.

I'm guessing this won't be the last time they do a sale. Although that does nothing for immediate gratification it gives everyone something to look forward to. ;-0
Saved
I think next time would be nice to see what will come in the next 3 hour or something like that. I understand why GGG not put all item for 24 hour so the concept is basically okey.

To be honest I don't think in the time of smartphones, it is really not hard to check the deals if you are working or you are not at home. And I also think 99% of ppl who will to pay for online game, already have to had smartphone with internet connection or at least with wifi. But I agree, the hourly checking maybe not possible for some reason. Know, you have to check only every 3 hours even better, and you do not have to be up for 24 hour. You can check on your phone whats happening while you turn in your bad (takes 10 sec, if you really care).

The day was fun, i got what i wanted (arctic weapon and a not planned 50bundle skin transfer) and I honestly think, changing the marathon sales to everything 50% off for 24 hour will just a "buy now, and wait for the next marathon" message from GGG witch is sounds bad from their point of view.

But GGG PLEASE next time, take consideration on show what will come in the next three hour, so the checking method wouldn't be that painful like yesterdays for a big part of your players.

Overall it was FUN!
thanks
I honestly thought that Anger Skull would've been one of the effects given the number of Buzzsaw players there seem to be.

Ah well.
IGN shdowe
Thanks for the marathon!

I hope you guys plan on running popular bundles at some point as well.
For instance the damage auras in a bundle or a few infernal effects on top of the fire skills effects.

Keep up the good work!
I wonder how much money is made :P

Also Chris, is there a Amazon Mayhem kinda promotion coming out for Europe?
We kinda missed out on that one :/

p.s.

BOOYA!!
★ IGN: Pinockio_the_Transexual or PM me on forums ★
Last edited by Starball on Jun 9, 2014, 10:53:21 AM
If you run another 24-hour sale, make no race that day please (or only 40min or less; or if 1-hour, make it start offset). I had to check on my smartphone during the satursday's 1-hour one.
Hi

but no radiant footprints:(

cheers
Conan: Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.
Never dance with the Devil because a dance with the Devil could last you forever...
-I thought what I'd do was,I'd Pretend I was one of those deaf mutes-
Nullus Anxietas:)
"
Various factors like what time of day it was and how recently we ran a deal on the item probably influenced sales a fair amount, but it's fascinating to see which items are popular.

More interesting than your very own SAP/SQL database systems that recorded all sales in normal days? :>
What can never be lent or earned?
Somewhat, that devours everyone and everything:
A tree that rush. A bird that sings. It eat bones and smite the hardest stones.
Masticate every sword. Shatters every shrine. It defeat mighty kings and carry mountains on lightly wings.
What am i?
Ohai GGG, and fellow players,

I have to strongly agree with others that there was a massive inconvenience with the sales being arranged back to back like that. I was hoping for some items to come up but they didn't, even having spend over 12 hours in the game that day, and then I almost felt guilty going to sleep because I specifically prepared some points for the sale.

I even managed to magically get up at 5AM without an alarm clock, checking the sales until the end but didn't buy any of the items as they weren't what I was waiting for.

Then I admit to having some regrets for not buying the elite armour set for example, because I didn't know the seraph pack wasn't going to come up. If I knew the seraph pack wasn't coming up, I'd have spent a lot more points on that sale than I did!

I propose the next time you do this, you do it as a batch of 24 items for 24 hours as already said before me, or split it into 12 hour segments if you must do so for some reason. That's a win-win for all of us.

On the other hand, this sale was the reason I got 500 points that day so I guess it works out for you guys as a quick boost in MTX sales -are you saving up for something maybe? :)

Thanks for the sale after all, hope to see another one sooner than you plan :P
This would have been great..IF I HAD SOME GOD DAMN MONEY! I got none of this stuff.. :(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info