Social Opt Out For Solo Players

Oh how I wish there was an offline/single player version of this game! It would solve all my problems :)

But unfortunately PoE is online only. So I have to make the best of it.

As for it being easy to ignore other people, that may be the case now, in closed beta, but you just wait till the game goes live.

Even now, there are certain 'individuals' making life unpleasant for everybody else (Chris has actually had to ban somebody already).

Can you imagine what it's going to be like when there are thousands of other players and not just a few hundred?

Trust me, in any game where you encounter other people, there will be certain folk who delight in making life miserable for other players.

Giving them the ability to spam unwanted invites and whispers to whomever they please, is just giving them ammunition.
And thus the attraction of private servers and a revenue stream for the game.

I'm a solo only player but it's not that I'm anti-social as such, I just don't want to drag anyone else's game down with my old man meandering and miss-clicking.
I'm sure they will add a "Decline all group invites" option.

And you can just turn off global chat channel once they get a more customizable chat window, which they have stated they will implement later on.
Last edited by Loumy on Sep 30, 2011, 12:46:52 PM
The self found players might like this

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info