Social Opt Out For Solo Players

I've been concerned about something for awhile now, it's great to have the ability to 'friend' people and invite them into your party and so on.

But I'm one of those people who prefer to play solo and just want to be left alone.

So if possible, can we have an in-game option to turn off all social interactions. For example, can we have the option to 'Refuse Party Invites, Refuse Friend Requests, Refuse Trade Requests, Refuse Whispers' and so on.

That way, other players can't bother me and I can just pretend that they're NPCs :)

Cheers.
Don't you think simply ignoring them is enough?
"
Tiptoe wrote:
I've been concerned about something for awhile now, it's great to have the ability to 'friend' people and invite them into your party and so on.

But I'm one of those people who prefer to play solo and just want to be left alone.

So if possible, can we have an in-game option to turn off all social interactions. For example, can we have the option to 'Refuse Party Invites, Refuse Friend Requests, Refuse Trade Requests, Refuse Whispers' and so on.

That way, other players can't bother me and I can just pretend that they're NPCs :)

Cheers.

Almost all MMOs I can think of have those options, so they would be more than welcome here.

But PoE isn't MMO.
ingame: FeelLuckyPunk standard
"
Tiptoe wrote:

Cheers.

Wow, quite the in-game misanthrope!

I think only a small % ppl would value these options. Most ppl play multiplayer games because they enjoy the social interaction. If you want to ignore everyone, maybe single player is the way to go?
IGN: Quiscient
I personally would not use it but I agree that a DND character flag could be at times appropriate. Do Not Disturb would automatically disable all inter- player interaction including closing the chat window.
Usually you can disable/turn off the "global chat" in online games. A lot of people do that I think, because global chat can be a big mess.

I think in most newer game I have played, I could check a box to decline group and guild invites respectively.

When you're in the mood for being social you can always turn them back on :-)
Last edited by Loumy on Sep 29, 2011, 12:43:53 PM
"
LongWalks wrote:
"
Tiptoe wrote:

Cheers.

Wow, quite the in-game misanthrope!

I think only a small % ppl would value these options. Most ppl play multiplayer games because they enjoy the social interaction. If you want to ignore everyone, maybe single player is the way to go?

I personally play the game because I like the genre and it is a game in the genre. The online portion is just another feature that is not a requirement to me playing the game.

Considering I can create and play in solo instances, this is as much as solo game as a multiplayer game. So you can't really rule this out as not a "single player" game.

It should be fairly easy for them to implement a reject invites feature. I wouldn't personally use it probably, but I also have no reason to deny another player the feature.
Last edited by Sparhawk on Sep 29, 2011, 4:19:04 PM
Seems like overkill. I've put a lot of hours in PoE, and I've received precisely one totally unsolicited message, and one accidental invite. Simply ignoring such rare incidences can't be a big deal right?
I've also only received 2 myself, but we can't really base the decision on a 100-200 population server (only those online really count and the number floats in that range).

Once you have in the thousands online at a time, the chance of it happening goes up.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info