Flame Surge

uum I don't know exactly how long flame surge has been in the game now.
but can we PLEASE have a cosmetic for it? me and all the people(still only me) that main this skill would like that very much.
I have been using this spell as a support gem on arcanist brand for most of my time playing. However, I recently tried using it as a spell to see how it goes. For leveling, it's absolutly amazing, short range blast, massive damage.

However, as soon as you start maps, its not great.
First of all, it does half damage to non-ignited mobs. That's fine, I'll play Elemenalist to ensure I ignite mobs.
I checked the POB calc, if I just switched Flame Surge for Fireball I do slightly less dps then flame surge on an ignited target.
Fireball can shoot halfway across the map, without needing passive points to expand the area of flame surge.
So I took the points out of area of effect and invested them into anything else and now I do more damage than flame surge and don't need to be infront of mobs.

This skill gem has exceptional potential, however it's damage output (in direct comparison to fireball) is just lackluster. Considering fireball doesn't need an ignited target.
Flame Surge should be the Elementalists signature fire move, but in it's current state is lacking significantly.

(I even equipped Carcass Jack unique body armour that increases Area of Effect by 50%) still very short range, very low damage.
Back to being a support gem.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info