Flame Surge

Post your feedback for this skill here!

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Please email support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance!

Last bumped on Sep 7, 2022, 10:56:52 PM
Huuuuge damage, even more when standing on a fire trap.

Annoying to aim AoE that's width I question if its even effected by increased AoE, length seems to be slightly increased with these nodes.

Sound is extremely unsatisfying to use, sounds like I'm slapping someone with a wet washcloth. I stopped leveling my character because of this.
"
Waves_blade wrote:
Annoying to aim AoE that's width I question if its even effected by increased AoE, length seems to be slightly increased with these nodes.

The AoE modifiers only apply to the radius, as in x% increased Radius of Area Skills.
Range is waaay too short. Needs more base AOE.
IGN: lVlage (96 Witch)
Love that Path of Exile has a strong short-range spell now.
Added a Chance To Ignite to FS and the tooltip does say there's a chance to ignite, tho I haven't seen it do so yet. Is the tooltip correct, or does the "Cannot Ignite" remain true regardless? What about the unique armor Cloak Of Flame, or Flammability?
Last edited by waraw on Jun 4, 2014, 12:47:57 PM
"Cannot" trumps everything else (Cannot > Always > Chance to).

The Cloak, Flammability and the Support all grant the exact same modifier, and as such work in the exact same way.
Since the damage dealt by Searing Bond is considered burning damage, does that qualify for flame surge to deal increased damage to a mob in the beam? Or does the mob have to actually be ignited?

"
Sound is extremely unsatisfying to use, sounds like I'm slapping someone with a wet washcloth.

Cannot unhear, sigh. I like the skill, though.
Last edited by waraw on Jun 4, 2014, 9:07:26 PM
"
waraw wrote:
Since the damage dealt by Searing Bond is considered burning damage, does that qualify for flame surge to deal increased damage to a mob in the beam? Or does the mob have to actually be ignited?

Any kind of burning works, doesn't have to be sourced from ignite.
Flame Surge sucks. It is purely a utility single-target alternative for builds that utilize Burn, that doesn't require much Supports.

For nearly all other purposes, Incinerate is better. The only benefit that Flame Surge has, is the possibility to Crit, but that is usually not commonplace IN a Burn build, so it is mostly irrelevant.

The only case, that I can think of, where Crit and Burn would exist, is in a Three Dragons Ice Spear Proliferation build, but even that is obsolete to Flameblast..

Flame Surge's AoE is IRREDEEMABLY bad, so do not even try to entertain thoughts of using it for anything other than a pointblank Single-Target skill. Conversely, it's AoE scales SO irreprehensibly bad, that Concentrated Effect's 30% reduction is LITERALLY not noticeable, which is what lends to Flame Surge not requiring more than 4-Links.

PS. This Thread, and ANY Skill Feedback Thread posted by Jess_GGG, does not appear in the Skill Feedback Sub-Forum [immediately]. Nevermind, it's there now.. But it didn't show up for a few days, same happened with other Skills' Feedback Threads added in prior Patches. The thread would exist, but not be in the Sub-Forum for whatever reason.. :S
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
Last edited by Sheriff_K on Jun 5, 2014, 7:02:11 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info