Build of the Week: Season 2 Episode 8

Hi

NO MELEE BUILDS? Interesting.

Another ST build, yeah we get the point scion+ST= great boring build, I did enjoy watching how fast they do ST though.

Quill rain build only support-sad face:( I am very surprised since quill rain with high ele damage/critical with culling is amazing or classic EA/Quill build on mara with BM(still works to this day)

cheers
Conan: Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.
Never dance with the Devil because a dance with the Devil could last you forever...
-I thought what I'd do was,I'd Pretend I was one of those deaf mutes-
Nullus Anxietas:)
Last edited by Finkenstein on Jun 3, 2014, 11:51:02 AM
"
Derpey wrote:
Ohlook, more builds that requires you to no-life the game for several days, spamming Chaos Recipe and converting them into Exalts.. Could GGG please start realizing that this kind of system is fucking boring and not interesting in any way?

Not everybody can no-life the game, get it into your thick skull.

The only interesting build in the showcase was the Animate Weapon build, but I'm pretty sure you're gonna end up nerfing it hard so you're forced to use insane amount of currencies on the gear for the build to make noticeable damage.

Also:
"
POOPHAMMER wrote:
Great to see Etup and Pulp were awarded for builds they copied

Agreed, it's pathetic they are being awarded with a build they've been copy+pasting off the forum, with small changes.
Actually all of these builds are pretty cheap. DD can be done self found easily with just a 4 link and fox tactics arc witch really just needs geofris. Ele buzzsaw is also extremely cheap.

Also "spamming chaos recipe" is a shitty way to build wealth and it really is only supplemental. alts>fuses will be the bulk of most peoples wealth and currency from trading stuff you don't need.

Before you go on angry anti poe rants at least get your facts straight.
"
Finkenstein wrote:

Not really. As long as ranged can get superlative DPS and defenses and not have to get up close and personal, melee will always be inferior.

Yes, I know there ARE viable melee builds, but be honest, ranged is just easier and safer.
"
Splift wrote:
"
Derpey wrote:
Ohlook, more builds that requires you to no-life the game for several days, spamming Chaos Recipe and converting them into Exalts.. Could GGG please start realizing that this kind of system is fucking boring and not interesting in any way?

Not everybody can no-life the game, get it into your thick skull.

The only interesting build in the showcase was the Animate Weapon build, but I'm pretty sure you're gonna end up nerfing it hard so you're forced to use insane amount of currencies on the gear for the build to make noticeable damage.

Also:
"
POOPHAMMER wrote:
Great to see Etup and Pulp were awarded for builds they copied

Agreed, it's pathetic they are being awarded with a build they've been copy+pasting off the forum, with small changes.
Actually all of these builds are pretty cheap. DD can be done self found easily with just a 4 link and fox tactics arc witch really just needs geofris. Ele buzzsaw is also extremely cheap.

Also "spamming chaos recipe" is a shitty way to build wealth and it really is only supplemental. alts>fuses will be the bulk of most peoples wealth and currency from trading stuff you don't need.

Before you go on angry anti poe rants at least get your facts straight.

and animate weapons build is relatively cheap too...
and no its not OP cos your weapons die easily the moment any strong AOE boss appear.
"
sidtherat wrote:
Animate weapon goes very well with dominating blow. Same auras same passives and similar gameplay concept. I use them both combined (but with less aura emphasis) and 2 dozens animated weapons can kick serious ass after returning to map without minions

The only danger to animated weapons are temple piety and similar minion removers. Spell block helps but that lightning storm and ball hit so fast and strong..

Other builds are cookie cutters. Wonder how many vopies of elesaw and det dead are in top 100. 50% or more? Same with arc. These builds dont require crazy gear.

thats why my animate weapon build (guess what peeps, horrific isnt the first who did it, neither am i) was slightly different (not playing anymore, fyi ripped ;D), i ran a skullhead + saffels for those fights, and for heavy phys i ran a lioneyes, ofc with necro aegis, always carried regret for maps where i didnt want necro aegis anymore. worked like a charm.
"
unsmith wrote:
"
Finkenstein wrote:

Not really. As long as ranged can get superlative DPS and defenses and not have to get up close and personal, melee will always be inferior.

Yes, I know there ARE viable melee builds, but be honest, ranged is just easier and safer.

Agreed. Ranged, it has much higher effective DPS than melee builds. Melee has bad singe target AND bad aoe AND they're more vulnerable.
i use a secret account because i am a politician that doesnt want the NSA to know i play poe.
"
Derpey wrote:
spamming Chaos Recipe and converting them into Exalts.

Am i the only one perplexed by this comment? anyway, pretty interesting stuff. i didnt follow it much so i dont know if they played together, but if they did that is interesting team synergy.

-HeaT

youtube.com/heatfury
twitch.tv/heatzgaming
Still waiting for Gorathas build! =]

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info