Build of the Week: Season 2 Episode 8

"
WShinikaru wrote:
"
noobdw wrote:
"
destrega85 wrote:
why isn't foxtacticts being given his rightful credit, the build is pretty much a complete rip from his. ("etups" segment.)

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/879637

no it's not, he takes MoM, fox doesn't take it.

My head hit the desk multiple times. Numerous neighbors are currently at their front doors wondering where the knocking was coming from as I type this.

I wince.

From Fox's thread.

Etup's skill tree is quite different from foxtactics. The main similarities is the helm choice (you could argue it is the main draw to fox's build). 2 of the other builds in the video copy other builds closer that are also much more mainstream (DD and buzzsaw).

Of course you could also argue that the main point of this build of the week segment was showcasing the top 5 characters, not tracking back the roots of the builds they used and getting into that drama.
"
WShinikaru wrote:
"
noobdw wrote:
"
destrega85 wrote:
why isn't foxtacticts being given his rightful credit, the build is pretty much a complete rip from his. ("etups" segment.)

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/879637

no it's not, he takes MoM, fox doesn't take it.

My head hit the desk multiple times. Numerous neighbors are currently at their front doors wondering where the knocking was coming from as I type this.

Familiar? And my build consist of phases. I qoute: NOTE: Dont expect to early lvl with this, when you've reached the top point of my previous build, you evolve into this one. So please, go read my old build before asking questions about "progression" or what bandits i took, its still the same char =).

Last edited by FoxTactics on Jun 2, 2014, 11:24:19 PM
"
Splift wrote:
Etup's skill tree is quite different from foxtactics. The main similarities is the helm choice (you could argue it is the main draw to fox's build). 2 of the other builds in the video copy other builds closer that are also much more mainstream (DD and buzzsaw).

Of course you could also argue that the main point of this build of the week segment was showcasing the top 5 characters, not tracking back the roots of the builds they used and getting into that drama.

I wouldn't call "back the roots of the build" for drama. But it does make my build much less likely to get on "Build of the week". That's nobody's fault though, just wanted some Recognition for my work. The video claims "He has chosen to support it with empower in geofri?" and that doesnt sound right in my book, if origin of the concept came from someone else?

Especially not when etup says on reddit: Hochep did whisper me stuff about totems for prolif & geofri's crest (which he got from you).

Last post from me about this subject.
Last edited by FoxTactics on Jun 2, 2014, 11:17:27 PM
Great way to showcase the 2-week race builds.
"
FoxTactics wrote:
"
Splift wrote:

I wouldn't call "back the roots of the build" for drama. But it does make my build much less likely to get on "Build of the week". That's nobody's fault though, just wanted some Recognition for my work. The video claims "He has chosen to support it with empower in geofri?" and that doesnt sound right in my book, if origin of the concept came from someone else?

Especially not when etup says on reddit: Hochep did whisper me stuff about totems for prolif & geofri's crest (which he got from you).

Last post from me about this subject.
My main point was that all of the choices for this week are copys from some other builds and the DD and spec throw are much closer copies than etup's copy of yours.

Personally though I do think your build is one of the most unique to come out in a long time, especially in the itemization department and it does deserve to get build of the week and yes those chances are probably diminished now.
Last edited by Splift on Jun 2, 2014, 11:25:05 PM
As always a class act. Very cool you're keeping up with the vids. ^^
This almost makes me want to make an animate weapon character.
Animate weapon for the win.

Interesting that it did so well.
IGN = Dellusions_Duelist
Great to see Etup and Pulp were awarded for builds they copied
I am the world's best path of exile player, I strong I kill all monster with amazing power

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info