Content Update 1.1.4 Teaser Video

"
levy42088 wrote:
Righteous Fire Will NOT work with the new Firebreather Skill Gem (Or whatever its called). This is due to the debuff of Righteous Fire. It is called "Righteous Fire" Not "Ignited/Burning".
Yes, it will. Righteous Fire is not ignited, which is specifically the status effect from fire damage crits, but it is a form of burning damage (fire damage over time). The new skill cares only about that enemies are burning, not that they're burning specifically from being ignited.

"
levy42088 wrote:
I know this because someone bought a three dragons helm from me last week for his RF build, but the three dragons helm effect of "Your Fire Damage can Shock but not Ignite" had no effect. It still simply came up as the "Righteous Fire" Debuff.
Damage over time fundamentally can't ignite. Or shock, or chill/freeze. Those are on-hit effects. That doesn't change the fact that the Righteous Fire debuff is (one kind of) burning.

"
Khisanth wrote:
You can ignite with RF(just tested this).
No, you can't. Ignite by definition happens on hit, and needs to know how much fire damage the triggering hit dealt to create the effect. RF causes fire damage over time (burning), it never hits anything.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
levy42088 wrote:
Righteous Fire Will NOT work with the new Firebreather Skill Gem (Or whatever its called). This is due to the debuff of Righteous Fire. It is called "Righteous Fire" Not "Ignited/Burning".
Yes, it will. Righteous Fire is not ignited, which is specifically the status effect from fire damage crits, but it is a form of burning damage (fire damage over time). The new skill cares only about that enemies are burning, not that they're burning specifically from being ignited.

"
levy42088 wrote:
I know this because someone bought a three dragons helm from me last week for his RF build, but the three dragons helm effect of "Your Fire Damage can Shock but not Ignite" had no effect. It still simply came up as the "Righteous Fire" Debuff.
Damage over time fundamentally can't ignite. Or shock, or chill/freeze. Those are on-hit effects. That doesn't change the fact that the Righteous Fire debuff is (one kind of) burning.

"
Khisanth wrote:
You can ignite with RF(just tested this).
No, you can't. Ignite by definition happens on hit, and needs to know how much fire damage the triggering hit dealt to create the effect. RF causes fire damage over time (burning), it never hits anything.

Hey Mark if i use that new Skill with Three Dragons will the cannot Ingite Mod prevent me from shocking with it ?
No, it says you cannot ignite, it doesn't prevent other status effects if you're able to cause them.
I'm happy with the Suffering removal.
Spoiler

To those who say it was a free mod to anybody with regen. It still is? I'm not sure what the complaint is.
But now I get my ES cooldown.

It's pretty humorous that ES+life is the "hybrid," as opposed to being just the pure ES playstyle. Nobody calls armor+life "hybrid."

Now if only there were some ES+life nodes . . .
Last edited by DeviantLightning on May 29, 2014, 9:19:42 PM
I thought that I wouldn't have an issue with the new Desecrated Ground map mod, but there needs to be much tuning with the damage it does.

I have a decent amount of life regen, and the chaos damage per second was very easy to off balance with a little life regen.

Fire spots are very easy to offset with life regen, I can stand in a fire patch indefinitely. But once I step on desecrated ground, i can just watch my health drain.

You guys need to fine-tune the damage that the desecrated ground does. Definitely needs to be halved at least.

To the poster above me saying that you have no issues with the new mod, thats because you have 7000 es and 5000 health, which isn't normal. It's usually u have a ton of ES OR a ton of health. So pretty much you have a whole 5000 health pool just for the desecrated ground, and a separate 7000 ES for all other damage.
Standard League
Lokailith - Level 100 Max Block Static Strike Marauder. Ranked #87 In World
Helped 7 Players Grind To 100 PRE Awakening & 3 Players Post Awakening
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Streaming @ twitch.tv/levy42088
"
levy42088 wrote:
To the poster above me saying that you have no issues with the new mod, thats because you have 7000 es and 5000 health, which isn't normal. It's usually u have a ton of ES OR a ton of health. So pretty much you have a whole 5000 health pool just for the desecrated ground, and a separate 7000 ES for all other damage.

Or I just happen to loathe CI. It's not a separate life pool for "everything else." It's basically like CI in that I can take a Vaal smash to the face and live. Only I don't get perma-frozen, shocked or stunned for days and don't need an Auxium, Eye or Dream Fragments.

Shrine Piety is a joke, since she can never do enough damage to overwhelm both pools.
Last edited by DeviantLightning on May 30, 2014, 3:31:13 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info