Content Update 1.1.4 Teaser Video

"
mazul wrote:
"
Shaunb19 wrote:
buff or nerfs coming for dual wielding?
RIP dual strike :).
I wouldn't be surprised if Dual Strike receives a combination of nerfs and buffs which make it roughly the same power level as before. Perhaps a very slight net nerf.

I'd expect virtually every other type of dual-wielding to get significantly buffed.

Just speculation though.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on May 28, 2014, 1:51:27 AM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
mazul wrote:
"
Shaunb19 wrote:
buff or nerfs coming for dual wielding?
RIP dual strike :).
I wouldn't be surprised if Dual Strike receives a combination of nerfs and buffs which make it roughly the same power level as before. Perhaps a very slight net nerf.

I'd expect virtually every other type of dual-wielding to get significantly buffed.

Just speculation though.

That's what I was thinking, really hope that's the case.
Any idea when this update will take place? I quit PoE like 8-9 months ago and I want to come back. I used a duelist with dual strike, but I have to wait for this update to start playing since I have 0 points spent in the tree atm. I REALLY WANT TO PLAY xD! I have to work today, but I'm off tomorrow.. any chance? xD! Didn't GGG usually update on wednesdays? :P
"
Sleepy92 wrote:
Any idea when this update will take place? I quit PoE like 8-9 months ago and I want to come back. I used a duelist with dual strike, but I have to wait for this update to start playing since I have 0 points spent in the tree atm. I REALLY WANT TO PLAY xD! I have to work today, but I'm off tomorrow.. any chance? xD! Didn't GGG usually update on wednesdays? :P

They did say late MAY so that leaves them 3 days to get it out.

Why so quiet about the patch, Where are the proper patch notes???

And yes when is it been released? As it has been a while since the last 1.1.3b patch.
To Die Is Not An Option, To Fight Until DIESync Is The Only Answer. ☺☻☺

Happy Hunting Exiles.
"
"
Sleepy92 wrote:

They did say late MAY so that leaves them 3 days to get it out.

Why so quiet about the patch, Where are the proper patch notes???

And yes when is it been released? As it has been a while since the last 1.1.3b patch.

It'll be ready when it's ready. Better for them to take a little extra time and attempt to minimize issues than rush it to meet some arbitrary deadline.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
"
Sleepy92 wrote:
Any idea when this update will take place? I quit PoE like 8-9 months ago and I want to come back. I used a duelist with dual strike

What a time to come back, just when dual wield is about to be hit with the nerf hammer eh?
I just checked out the video, and I have to comment on this new gem.

Righteous Fire Will NOT work with the new Firebreather Skill Gem (Or whatever its called). This is due to the debuff of Righteous Fire. It is called "Righteous Fire" Not "Ignited/Burning".

I know this because someone bought a three dragons helm from me last week for his RF build, but the three dragons helm effect of "Your Fire Damage can Shock but not Ignite" had no effect. It still simply came up as the "Righteous Fire" Debuff.

Once again, this is probably because the debuff is not shown as "Igniting/Burning" it is just called Righteous Fire.

I have a feeling the same thing will happen here. So don't get your hopes up people, and figure out a new purpose for this gem that does not include Righteous Fire.
Standard League
Lokailith - Level 100 Max Block Static Strike Marauder. Ranked #87 In World
Helped 7 Players Grind To 100 PRE Awakening & 3 Players Post Awakening
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Streaming @ twitch.tv/levy42088
I probably wouldn't use Flamesurge with RF if it worked. That would mean giving up EE and I'm not sure the extra damage from Flamesurge would compensate. I have my Dyadus+AB placebo to make RF less passive anyways.

I'm thinking CoC+Flamesurge. Crit will Ignite and cast Flamesurge so the bonus damage is pretty much free. Maybe add in The Three Dragons so Flamesurge shocks, but you'd need a source of cold damage to Ignite then. I don't see why The Three Dragons wouldn't work with Flamesurge; "Cannot Ignite" twice means just as much as "Cannot Ignite" once.
that really messed up that they are removing the ... of suffering map mod.. That was a nice boost to map quantity % with minimal risk since it was very easy to offset with life regen.

Idk what the idea behind it is.. If anything, remove the blood magic map mod, because it is much much harder to spec for than the suffering map mod. Or Physical / Elemental Reflect, which I don't have a problem with, but many people have builds that can't do one or the other 100% of the time.

In addition to that, why remove ANY map mods? If you cant do it, either Chaos orb it, OR scouring + Alch it again.

My preffered map mod list is getting smaller and smaller, and i don't like it.
Standard League
Lokailith - Level 100 Max Block Static Strike Marauder. Ranked #87 In World
Helped 7 Players Grind To 100 PRE Awakening & 3 Players Post Awakening
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Streaming @ twitch.tv/levy42088
"
levy42088 wrote:
I just checked out the video, and I have to comment on this new gem.

Righteous Fire Will NOT work with the new Firebreather Skill Gem (Or whatever its called). This is due to the debuff of Righteous Fire. It is called "Righteous Fire" Not "Ignited/Burning".

I know this because someone bought a three dragons helm from me last week for his RF build, but the three dragons helm effect of "Your Fire Damage can Shock but not Ignite" had no effect. It still simply came up as the "Righteous Fire" Debuff.

Once again, this is probably because the debuff is not shown as "Igniting/Burning" it is just called Righteous Fire.

I have a feeling the same thing will happen here. So don't get your hopes up people, and figure out a new purpose for this gem that does not include Righteous Fire.

You can ignite with RF(just tested this). You just need Ignite chance from somewhere. Options include Flammability, Cloak of Flames and the Blaze passive. To Shock with RF using The Three Dragons you would need to use Conductivity and/or Static Blows/Shock passives.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info