Niffler´s Endgame Righteous Fire Guide [2.0.0]

"
FadeXF wrote:
"
standalone09 wrote:
my RF is canceling itself SOMEHOW will post more info later

If you use potions with "remove ignite" that may be the issue.

well.. Thank you xD
"
Ark20 wrote:
"
LeoTristao wrote:
Hey guys!

I have a huge problem using Doon Cuebiyari Vaal Sceptre. I`m not able to sustain my life using Doon, but with Brightbeak I have no problem.

Do you know what could be happening?

Cheers,

Leo

That's weird. Check your resists and make sure you reach the fire res cap with the Doon. Brightbeak gives a bit of fire res and it's the only thing I can think of.

"
FadeXF wrote:
"
LeoTristao wrote:
Hey guys!

I have a huge problem using Doon Cuebiyari Vaal Sceptre. I`m not able to sustain my life using Doon, but with Brightbeak I have no problem.

Do you know what could be happening?

Cheers,

Leo

You are dropping 25>30% fire resists from Brightbeak you will have to pick that % from another item.

You also need to consider the following that isn't clearly mentioned in OP about Atziri: You need to overcap fire resists to about 126 fire resists total for 87 base fire resists + 39% flammability (level 20) curse reflect from Atziri.

That has left me scrambling a tiny bit now because I want to use both Doons + Doryi's fire belt - both items have no fire resists so I have to make sure I cover those resists on other gear and it's been pretty tight for me to get high life + high fire res... I have a backup where I don't use the Doryi's but I'll find a way.

Love you guys!!! It was my noob question of the day!! :/

I was so excited about the damage improvement of Doon that I forgot to check my resistances! I'll have a hard work to overcap fire resist considering Atziri's reflection. Probably I'll sacrifice chaos resist and it's very sad, because i'm so proud about my 48% chaos resist.

Cheers!
There was mention in the first post about a Carcass Jack skilltree without IR, but I cannot seem to find the link. There are just two builds, Belly of the beast and Carcass Jack WITH IR.

Am I missing something here? I was thinking of using Carcass Jack without IR, since the path to it wastes a good 8 points.
"
Hayrich wrote:
There was mention in the first post about a Carcass Jack skilltree without IR, but I cannot seem to find the link. There are just two builds, Belly of the beast and Carcass Jack WITH IR.

Am I missing something here? I was thinking of using Carcass Jack without IR, since the path to it wastes a good 8 points.

If you mean the life globe screenshots, he's just showing the life you can get with a Carcass in 1.2. When he took that screenshot he didn't have IR so he actually had more life than you would with IR (because of those 6-8 points spent).

Carcass' only advantage over Belly is the increased AoE radius and damage. Life is "meh" and it gives no armour. IR is taken to make Carcass a slightly more interesting option, opening also the option of using hybrid armour/evasion gear pieces (easier gearing, potentially cheaper).

Belly gives more life than Carcass, and the difference gets bigger as you gain levels. It also gives decent armour. Taking IR in this case would be pretty much a waste, Belly only gives ~200 evasion.

You are free to do whatever you want, but Carcass with no IR puts you in a rough path. My opinion? Belly all the way. "There is no safer place than the Belly of the Beast".
"
Ark20 wrote:

If you mean the life globe screenshots, he's just showing the life you can get with a Carcass in 1.2. When he took that screenshot he didn't have IR so he actually had more life than you would with IR (because of those 6-8 points spent).

Carcass' only advantage over Belly is the increased AoE radius and damage. Life is "meh" and it gives no armour. IR is taken to make Carcass a slightly more interesting option, opening also the option of using hybrid armour/evasion gear pieces (easier gearing, potentially cheaper).

Belly gives more life than Carcass, and the difference gets bigger as you gain levels. It also gives decent armour. Taking IR in this case would be pretty much a waste, Belly only gives ~200 evasion.

You are free to do whatever you want, but Carcass with no IR puts you in a rough path. My opinion? Belly all the way. "There is no safer place than the Belly of the Beast".

Ah I see. I actually had in mind Carcass Jack while taking on the area amplification nodes, just to see if it is possible to have maximal AOE. That would mean giving up points somewhere, which is why I was wondering if I could forgo IR. Guess I'll skill for Belly after all, but the little concentric ring of fire seems small.
Just respec'ed into this build as lvl 74 Marauder (from newbie groundslam build);

Thoughts from my first day...

Overall
-It must be stated out front: This RF build is an absolute breeze to play. Hardly any clicking required. I'm hitting my flasks more than other builds, but other than that I just maneuver around mobs until they fall flat. Ease of play? 10/10. That's really a luxury in this game. I don't like feeling fatigued from playing clicklcickclickclick type builds. This is as simple as it gets. Very relaxed playstyle. And it's powerful!

-"It's boring to play..." Is the snarky meme. There's some truth to that. It doesn't dazzle like discharge or some COC builds. I love how understated the build is compared to its power. And the RF aura is sexy as hell. AMIRIGHT? Best looking in the GAME. Frankly speaking, this build is sort of a hack on game mechanics and in no way was RF ever intended to be fully sustainable so I don't expect this build to survive through GGG's next big expansion update without being nerfed.

-This particular RF build, "Niffler's" build I mean, is superior to the other RF builds, I guess I mean ORO's build. And actually, contributions to the last few pages of this thread have improved upon the point taking, making it slightly better. So, if you're not sure which build to follow, you're def in the right thread.

Specifics
-I'm using Carcass Jack b/c that's what I was using with my Groundslam build (for the AOE) before transitioning. I'm around 4.6k total life right now. Am I correct to assume that if I move to a Belly, my RF damage increased as well? Because RF DMG is based off total life pool? Correct? If that's the case... in exchange for losing AOE I gain survivability and increase my DPS? Someone red pill me on how that works...

-Totems are an issue and I hope we can come up with a workable solution. Some things mentioned here but what solution works best?

Current Gear as of my first day, don't even have my gems fully sorted:

Spoiler

Last edited by S0_L337_1T_HURTS on Sep 9, 2014, 10:59:42 PM
level 80, doing maps with the build at twitch.tv/wily6 if anyone wants to see how it is with the new patch
GMT -7:00 PST
Last edited by nosl1w on Sep 10, 2014, 10:35:17 AM
"
Specifics
-I'm using Carcass Jack b/c that's what I was using with my Groundslam build (for the AOE) before transitioning. I'm around 4.6k total life right now. Am I correct to assume that if I move to a Belly, my RF damage increased as well? Because RF DMG is based off total life pool? Correct? If that's the case... in exchange for losing AOE I gain survivability and increase my DPS? Someone red pill me on how that works...

-Totems are an issue and I hope we can come up with a workable solution. Some things mentioned here but what solution works best?

Well it's hard to tell without proper calculations(RF dps calc: rf.samminds.com) but it's likely that you will overall gain life and DPS with a high roll Belly, yeah. It all depends on % damage modifiers and also the life on your gear/tree. Because yes, RF base damage is 50% of your life, and then it scales with % increased burning damage/elemental damage/etc. Belly will give you more base damage and Carcass gives you +12% damage.

About totems, if you can only spare one socket then Searing Bond or Flameblast are very good options, since we take fire/burning damage nodes on the tree. The issue with FB is that you will trigger Elemental Equilibrium, giving them fire res unless you waste time cycloning them between blasts... doesn't sound good to me. Searing Bond on the other hand forces you to either facetank the totem or the packs around it (often not an issue) or put your SB next to the totem while you stay away, but being so weak it might get destroyed very fast. It just takes practice and common sense to judge when to use either strategy. By the way SB doesn't trigger EE, so you can cyclone once for -50% fire res.

Editerino typorinos.
Last edited by Ark20 on Sep 10, 2014, 8:02:46 AM
I must have missed it somewhere, but is there mention of what is the max fire resist you need to hit to sustain RF? And what life% regen is optimal?

Lifewise I assume everyone is gunning for >8K.
Last edited by Hayrich on Sep 10, 2014, 8:54:00 AM
i play on SEA server !! i follow all your guide ! im using belly ..now 65 lvl run aura purity of fire,vitality and with 620 hp regen and i have problem when run rf lvl also..what happen..really don`t get it..what minumum for hp regen and fire resist? to rf can run without drop hp easily for 65 lvl !!!!

sorry about my bad english !

thank you
PLEASE REPLY ME ! I LOVE YOU STEAM AND BUILD ~
Last edited by juztdin on Sep 10, 2014, 10:30:11 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info