Niffler´s Endgame Righteous Fire Guide [2.0.0]

"
smittles wrote:
"
Khyroku wrote:
"
Nice guide!

I follow this guide and it works very well!
I only have one question, when i cyclone away at the enemies it says they
still resist fire. I only have added lightning damage on my rings so I thought
they would be vunerable to cold and fire.

Is there something I missed or does the enemies have so much fire resist
that they still resist it?

check your jewels, amulet, gloves and weapon for added fire

Also make sure if you're in a party that somebody doesn't have the Anger aura activated, not a very common aura but still might be the case.

Noticed added fire damage on my gloves.

Thank you so much. was i bit tired i think!

Cheers.
Any timeline on when this guide would be updated for 2.1.X ?
Niffler, can you say anything about your build in 2.1 ?

I'm kinda lost here.. there's too much different information on this, I'm starting to get really confused.

Doesn't necessariely have to be a complete update (which would be much appreciated) but at least a few thoughts on it?

Also another question for a current RF player: Do i really NEED my purity of fire gem to be lvl 20 to get this build starting? Or would it be enough for merciless content, low lvl tier maps and such, to start playing this build with a lvl 17 purity of fire (=3% max fire resist) and level it along the way to lvl 20 to improove my efficiency?
Last edited by Rhanoss on Jan 11, 2016, 10:54:13 AM
Hey, mate! I guess no. Last time I played, I was lvl 65-66 and rf works! I think life regen is most important
Alright, sounds good!

I actually bought a cheap lvl 20 purity gem yesterday, so i guess im good after all!

Now on to finding a good 5l for cyclone hehe :)

btw.. how am i supposed to get 3blue sockets on a pure armour item.. like helm? lol

Is there something like a probability calculator for this?
Last edited by Rhanoss on Jan 12, 2016, 11:09:14 AM
"
Rhanoss wrote:
Alright, sounds good!

I actually bought a cheap lvl 20 purity gem yesterday, so i guess im good after all!

Now on to finding a good 5l for cyclone hehe :)

btw.. how am i supposed to get 3blue sockets on a pure armour item.. like helm? lol

Is there something like a probability calculator for this?

Temporarily I would use a hybrid Arm/ES piece to get 3B1R like this

It only took me about 10-15 Chromatics to get.

However, when you get to the end game level 90+ doing high maps you will want a high armour only piece, in which case you will undoubtedly need a level 6 Voricci Assassin Master. His level 6 mods are "At least 3 of Red/Blue/Green Socket" it costs a mighty 250 chromats per go, but I can tell you now, the chance of trying to get 3Blues on an Arm only piece will be almost impossible. . . .I did get 3B once trying 1 by 1. .. . and for some retarded reason the 4th socket decided to go Green on an Arm only piece...a combo with the SMALLEST possible chance of happening happened and ruined by day >.< Good luck!
Oh crap! That sounds horrible!! Sorry for that m8 :D

Well yeah.. I saw those hybrid helmets, but i thought you wanna go as LOW ES as possible, to minimize the damage from RF, right?

So getting a hybrid helm, wouldn't that hurt my life regen too much?
"
Rhanoss wrote:
Oh crap! That sounds horrible!! Sorry for that m8 :D

Well yeah.. I saw those hybrid helmets, but i thought you wanna go as LOW ES as possible, to minimize the damage from RF, right?

So getting a hybrid helm, wouldn't that hurt my life regen too much?

As long as you have less than 600ES it's absolutely fine, the ES burns off so quickly and doesn't add enough to the RF damage to dent your health pool.

While your still mapping the lower tiers 1-10 and collecting currency and gear you just have to go with the flow, having over 200 ES might not be optimal but it's worth re-genning a little slower if it means you can have all your proper links set up correctly.
Last edited by smittles on Jan 12, 2016, 12:26:04 PM
"
smittles wrote:

As long as you have less than 600ES it's absolutely fine, the ES burns off so quickly and doesn't add enough to the RF damage to dent your health pool.

While your still mapping the lower tiers 1-10 and collecting currency and gear you just have to go with the flow, having over 200 ES might not be optimal but it's worth re-genning a little slower if it means you can have all your proper links set up correctly.

I understand, thank you! :)

Have you experimented with gem setup a bit?
At the moment i don't have a 5l chest, so i thought about just going with a 4l and self casting curses for now.. what do you think?

Or do you have any other interesting gem combinations?

edit: Just played my first two maps with RF, feels good! :)
But having to selfcast curses seems to interfere with the nice flow of this build. SO i guess i'll be looking out for a 5l then!

Also, often when im infight and taking some dmg, my RF just goes away and i have to recast it.. why does this happen?
Last edited by Rhanoss on Jan 13, 2016, 6:19:52 AM
"
Rhanoss wrote:
"
smittles wrote:

I understand, thank you! :)

Have you experimented with gem setup a bit?
At the moment i don't have a 5l chest, so i thought about just going with a 4l and self casting curses for now.. what do you think?

Or do you have any other interesting gem combinations?

edit: Just played my first two maps with RF, feels good! :)
But having to selfcast curses seems to interfere with the nice flow of this build. SO i guess i'll be looking out for a 5l then!

Also, often when im infight and taking some dmg, my RF just goes away and i have to recast it.. why does this happen?

With regards to gem setup I'm not running Cyclone for Curses I'm afraid so I can't help on that, I'm using dual blasphemy curse flammability and ele weakness with Enlighten as a 4B Link, leaving me enough mana for Purity of Fire, then I'm using a 5Link defensive Cyclone setup where I can use Cyclone with Fortify + LGoH + Blood Magic + Inc AoE this way my Cyclone hits a lot of enemies, returns a lot of life, applies Ele equilibrium AND provides me with enhanced defenses from Fortify.

There are only two ways for RF to turn itself off.
1. Your HP reaches 1 from degen or 0 (and your dead :P)
2. Your probably using a Flask with "Immunity to Burning - Removes Burning on Use"
RF is a burning degen, and thus is removed when you use a flask with that property.

Last edited by smittles on Jan 13, 2016, 8:40:18 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info