itemization: troubles of a narrow mind

if you consider yourself a min/maxer, you probably look at every item that doesn't have both life AND triple-resistances (on highest rolls, obviously), and disregard it as vendor trash.

well if you do, you are missing out on a heck of a lot of good stuff your character can wear and be extremely fun to play.

I sincerely hope I'm not the only one playing this game, who looks at stuff like Mindspiral helm or Immortal Flesh belt, and thinks "oh man I could use one of those".
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
How are we supposed to respond to this?
I strongly believe that finding strong uses for underappreciated uniques is the secret to fun in this game. I actually made an entire thread on the subject before.

Although I'm at a loss when it comes to Immortal Flesh, outside of it being pretty nice while leveling up.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
johnKeys wrote:
if you consider yourself a D3 player, you probably look at every item that doesn't have both life AND triple-resistances (on highest rolls, obviously), and disregard it as vendor trash.

fixed this for you ;)
IGN : @Morgoth
I think this highlights the fact that plenty of players out there don't realise you can do fine with less than perfect gear.

With the ease and abundance of trading in this and other ARPG's, its very tempting for a lot of players to be efficient, which is fine, its good to have the choice.

I just feel sad when people say they havent ever had anything decent drop and then base that assessment on the orb value of said items, rather than what made their character finally work because they found that amulet they needed. This isn't a complaint or QQ, people can do what they want.

Each to their own.
Just for try for see and for know.

She corpse exploded the corpse of the boss...
the funny thing for me:

once i trivialize content it just stops being fun at all.

Made a CI-legacy Aegis Aurora char, entered a map, went somewhere, got a phonecall, came back all monsters around me were dead.

i have spent 3 seasons to try and find a build worth using hrimnor's resolve (fire damage helmet). while chill immunity is awesome, spending 7 or 8 points seems to hard to justify to me. if i don't go full survivability the game will stop my progress at some point.
I actually have a build thats working on transitioning into hrimnors resolve. Mainly waiting till I get my hands on a non-legacy kaoms (More fire damage, life) to make the switch over.
HAIL SATAN!
"
Zanixx wrote:
I think this highlights the fact that plenty of players out there don't realise you can do fine with less than perfect gear.

With the ease and abundance of trading in this and other ARPG's, its very tempting for a lot of players to be efficient, which is fine, its good to have the choice.

I just feel sad when people say they havent ever had anything decent drop and then base that assessment on the orb value of said items, rather than what made their character finally work because they found that amulet they needed. This isn't a complaint or QQ, people can do what they want.

Each to their own.

The game is balanced around trading. If you are not using trading as a major tool, you are playing the game wrongly.

As for being "successful": I would argue that it is measured by having as high clearspeed at lv76-78 maps as possible without ever being close to dying.
This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
"
Although I'm at a loss when it comes to Immortal Flesh, outside of it being pretty nice while leveling up.

High life crit build utilizing pots + aura's to reach the standard resistance cap.

(high elemental bosses will serve you your ass do.)

"
if you consider yourself a min/maxer, you probably look at every item that doesn't have both life AND triple-resistances (on highest rolls, obviously), and disregard it as vendor trash.

well if you do, you are missing out on a heck of a lot of good stuff your character can wear and be extremely fun to play.

I sincerely hope I'm not the only one playing this game, who looks at stuff like Mindspiral helm or Immortal Flesh belt, and thinks "oh man I could use one of those".

You know about my challenge with 2x coral rings and a 1x leather belt right?

It's the only hp you require for reaching merciless act3 if played correctly.

Think of all the mods you can get on other items and how easy it is to stack resistances for example :)!
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Funny thing, I found Mindspiral like an hour ago

And immediately though "It's not the worst thing ever for a MoM/EB/AA/Arc Shadow."
Now if only I could get Cloak of Defiance I'd be good to go.
Anyway, does that mean I have a wide mind?

Oh and btw, the reason why people treat items that don't have + %armor, + life and tri-res like trash is because it is trash.
You really need an increase to phys damage as well as elemental damage mitigation, and life is always nice. This is especially true if you play hardcore.
What I'm getting at is, Mindspiral really is trash, apart from the niche build here and there. As are most uniques.
Last edited by TheDudeOfGaming on May 9, 2014, 9:29:20 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info