itemization: troubles of a narrow mind

"
Anyway, does that mean I have a wide mind?

Seeing how the mindspiral creator was pretty much the cocreator of MoM.. I don't know about that.

I'm going to disagree on immortal flesh though. Whatever benefits you think you're getting are easily countered by losing max resistance(let alone losing a potential 200+ res from the belt slot).
It's ok to use against physical only bosses I guess but it's a case where the downsides are way too much in normal gameplay.

As for this topic there is definitely more stats in PoE to watch out for. That's what makes the itemization great.
Last edited by kasub on May 9, 2014, 9:32:02 AM
"
kasub wrote:
"

Seeing how the mindspiral creator was pretty much the cocreator of MoM.. I don't know about that.

:(
"
mazul wrote:
"
Zanixx wrote:
I think this highlights the fact that plenty of players out there don't realise you can do fine with less than perfect gear.

With the ease and abundance of trading in this and other ARPG's, its very tempting for a lot of players to be efficient, which is fine, its good to have the choice.

I just feel sad when people say they havent ever had anything decent drop and then base that assessment on the orb value of said items, rather than what made their character finally work because they found that amulet they needed. This isn't a complaint or QQ, people can do what they want.

Each to their own.

The game is balanced around trading. If you are not using trading as a major tool, you are playing the game wrongly.

As for being "successful": I would argue that it is measured by having as high clearspeed at lv76-78 maps as possible without ever being close to dying.

Trading is indeed a major tool which you can choose to use. Being balanced around trading is fine. I play self-found and thats fine as well, just so you know.

You're derailing a bit but I'll bite. If you are trading for all your gear and are one of those people who claims to never find anything, then you're the one playing it wrong my friend.

Anyways... I stand by what I said.
Just for try for see and for know.

She corpse exploded the corpse of the boss...
the point of this thread is beyond the two examples I gave.

a self-proclaimed min/maxer sees something that doesn't fit in his pre-set "godly" filter - and dumps it over at Hargan.
by doing so, he misses out on most of the game's itemization.

you need to evaluate each item you find or get individually, and think about it's potential rather than its stats fitting your pre-set view of "good" or its "price" on the damn PoE flea market.

you need to think, and experiment.

for another example, this
is an awesome unique, if used correctly.
we all know how the min/maxers and hardcore-traders call it though, right?
exactly: "troll mantle".
that, which is not Shavronne's Wrappings.
that, which doesn't "sell" for a whole lot of Exalts.
well fuck Exalts! they aren't even orbs - they are dollar bills.

I have a ton of examples.
especially stuff Diamond and Eternal Supporters spent tons of money and effort making - only to get ignored because not "OP" or "sell-able".

if that's D3 mentality like someone said here, then no. don't bring that shit over to PoE.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on May 9, 2014, 10:01:49 AM
"
"
kasub wrote:
"

:(

It's a decent option. There is also the new corrupted implicit which mimics it. You can actually reach 30% of damage taken is given as mana which negates any downside of MoM. That means you'd get a flat damage reduction and never lose mana.
"
johnKeys wrote:
you need to evaluate each item you find or get individually, and think about it's potential rather than its stats fitting your pre-set view of "good" or its "price" on the damn PoE flea market.

you need to think, and experiment.

for another example, this
is an awesome unique, if used correctly.
we all know how the min/maxers and hardcore-traders call it though, right?
exactly: "troll mantle".
that, which is not Shavronne's Wrappings.
that, which doesn't "sell" for a whole lot of Exalts.

John, I couldn't agree more.

To be fair though, I have a crap ton of tabs so I can save everything I think will one day become useful or build-enabling/helpful. Some players may not have that available or be willing to mule-account.
Just for try for see and for know.

She corpse exploded the corpse of the boss...
"
Morgoth2356 wrote:
"
johnKeys wrote:
if you consider yourself a D3 player, you probably look at every item that doesn't have both life AND triple-resistances (on highest rolls, obviously), and disregard it as vendor trash.

fixed this for you ;)

lolyep! XD
IF OP was right and all he said wasnt BS i would have
80+ of this droped instead of the infernal mantles i get eveyrday.

If an item is actually good it has iether a low drop rate or it will likely be nerfed.
i would use this anytime before even thinking of inmortal flesh crap, and mine doesnt even add resistances or give regen anyways
IGN: RFFP
did you even read my posts, benkeia?

I understand your urge to go in and link your prized possessions, but calling my OP "BS" without even bothering to understand what I said? that would be insulting if it wasn't so damn funny.

@Zanixx, I have 4 tabs :)
Stash Tabs is the only MTX I'll never even consider buying, and the reason is a topic for another thread which was already made a hundred times.

also, no alternate accounts.
my PoE PC is too weak to multibox 2 clients simultaneously (and lately, too weak for one it seems) even if I wanted to, and I don't. because it's cheating.

the way I solve this problem, is either immediately create a character that will eventually use the cool piece gear I found and transfer it to him/her, put it in Guild Stash, or simply donate it to someone who'll make good use of it.

and I'm also good at Stash Tetris.
as you imagine, my stash is "Tetrised" to the maximum :)
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on May 9, 2014, 12:23:32 PM
Min/Maxer here.

The way you enjoy the game and the way I enjoy the game are totally different. You seem to enjoy a variety of content, such as items, skills, and passive trees. For you, exploring options is entertainment. I, however, only enjoy the most optimized versions of the content you enjoy. I enjoy being powerful; making the strongest characters possible within the rules and confines of the game is what makes me tick.

Us Min/Maxers are entirely aware of the potential of all items in the game. It's kind-of our thing. We aren't ignorant to items you've mentioned, they just don't provide us with the entertainment we desire.

Fun is subjective, and as such, there really isn't any "right" answer to playing Path of Exile. We can both enjoy the game in ways we find appealing. Different strokes for different folks. That is all.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info