[2.0] THOR'S RAINBOWNUKE: DO ALL MAPS, UBER ATZIRI, AND EXPLOSIONS!

Yeah no doubt you've made it work, probably just as well as could ever be expected. My only point was, BM / MC is so easy which is why most people go that route. Which is also why I think it should and will be nerfed in a big way. I was able to slap together a character with random left over chest items that all in all is just about as strong as it can be.

For this Rainbownuke character, the end game results for the difference between the highest end gear and just random average gear is about as close as I've ever seen on any character.

And this Rainbownuke could easily be made without shavs or lorica, and just max out chaos resist. Aside from the occasional death the effectiveness would be virtually the same.
"
VixTrader wrote:
Yeah no doubt you've made it work, probably just as well as could ever be expected. My only point was, BM / MC is so easy which is why most people go that route. Which is also why I think it should and will be nerfed in a big way. I was able to slap together a character with random left over chest items that all in all is just about as strong as it can be.

For this Rainbownuke character, the end game results for the difference between the highest end gear and just random average gear is about as close as I've ever seen on any character.

And this Rainbownuke could easily be made without shavs or lorica, and just max out chaos resist. Aside from the occasional death the effectiveness would be virtually the same.

Yeah, I think that's the value of this build; it's not dependent on acquiring mirror-worthy gear and/or acuities to work really well. The big gear wall for the build is Shavs over Lorica and then getting the STR on gear to drop Meginord's, but those changes are only strictly necessary for things like uber atziri. You could get by with 5.5-6k ES just fine for most mapping and even regular atziri with this build, and though it's still not a very cheap build, it's far from the expense of many other GG builds.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
would it be ok to not use vitality and take the shaper notable for 1% life regen? would this be enough?
"
exgladous wrote:
would it be ok to not use vitality and take the shaper notable for 1% life regen? would this be enough?

I did this test now, without reading what you had asked, lol ...
Responding... no, it's not enough. You need the vitality aura (which you have to remeber of increases in the tree on aura effect).
I'm running a slightly different rainbownuker and I figure I'd share it in case there are other people like me who like not paying attention in maps, it uses aegis aurora and a bunch of block to sustain ES, sustaining LS with the 1% LL from doryani's and dropping ghost reaver/lust for carnage in favour of block nodes. It's nowhere near the clearspeed of the OP build but it's much more forgiving.

The Build:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMABjkG6Qx9DXwNjQ48EH8RUBRxFVAXLxpVGyUbyBzcHRQfxyL0JLAlvCcLJ2EnqSj6KaUtiy9vNbk26DpSQqNDMUNjS65OKk99UWBV1lfJWK9Y9VnzXIpeE2EhZKNmnmwLbRlwu3FNcql5wHvXfNl-WX7if8aAVoCkghCCx4O2hO-G0Y9Gj_qQVZMnms-drp3En8uio6cIpyuplayqrK-0DLZBtzG4k8AawcXB88OGxp7ZE9lb2t3cHd-K37Dfv-cL55HpAuoY6rrr7uwY7tnzvvcy-Ov60g==

The Gear:
Spoiler

An example of why I like it:
Spoiler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeoW7RQCitg
Last edited by Cambarus on Nov 6, 2014, 2:08:15 PM
"
Cambarus wrote:
I'm running a slightly different rainbownuker and I figure I'd share it in case there are other people like me who like not paying attention in maps, it uses aegis aurora and a bunch of block to sustain ES, sustaining LS with the 1% LL from doryani's and dropping ghost reaver/lust for carnage in favour of block nodes. It's nowhere near the clearspeed of the OP build but it's much more forgiving.

The Build:
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgMABjkG6Qx9DXwNjQ48EH8RUBRxFVAXLxpVGyUbyBzcHRQfxyL0JLAlvCcLJ2EnqSj6KaUtiy9vNbk26DpSQqNDMUNjS65OKk99UWBV1lfJWK9Y9VnzXIpeE2EhZKNmnmwLbRlwu3FNcql5wHvXfNl-WX7if8aAVoCkghCCx4O2hO-G0Y9Gj_qQVZMnms-drp3En8uio6cIpyuplayqrK-0DLZBtzG4k8AawcXB88OGxp7ZE9lb2t3cHd-K37Dfv-cL55HpAuoY6rrr7uwY7tnzvvcy-Ov60g==

The Gear:
Spoiler

An example of why I like it:
Spoiler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KeoW7RQCitg

Very interesting variant... how does it fair against Palace Dominus / Atziri?

Gives up a LOT of ES and spell damage to get all the passives necessary to take advantage of Aegis, though. I'm surprised you're not getting 1-shot occasionally at 5k ES.

In some ways I think this illustrates what is so neat about this build, though - because the core of the build is so tightly bound to the synergies of a few uniques, there's actually a lot of room to play around with alternate versions of the build, and it's hard to come up with something bad apart from actually trying to make something bad.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Last edited by tackle70 on Nov 6, 2014, 7:34:47 PM
I just ran a dual boss palace dominus and it seemed to work fine. I'v tried atziri twice, the first time it was a cakewalk and the second time I got wrecked, never done her before (or more specifically the trio) so I need to go do some reading to figure out what was up with that.

A while back I had a dominating blow marauder that used aegis/BoR/soul taker that I ran in HC, he eventually died and a bit less than a month ago I decided to give him another whirl just for the hell of it. Found a shavs, said "welp, guess I play standard now" so now I'm just kind of messing around with the crap I had on hand. (sold the shavs to buy mjolner and a few other things, moved currency from hc to standard to buy the new shavs) Once I figure out how the dudes in the atziri map work I'll take another crack at that, but for now I'm happy with what I've got.

EDIT: I will also be trying out a life based build with BoR, which I suspect will work better, but after making the build in the OP I wasn't about to go and redo the whole tree
Last edited by Cambarus on Nov 6, 2014, 7:47:02 PM
I'm going to play BM version of this build, but i have no idea how bm build sustain cost of skills with so high attack speed.
There is 6.29attacks per second in the first post screen, and lightning strike lvl 9 linked with multistrike, gmp and faster attacks costs 30-31 mana(life). To sustain this cost we would need to regen about 97 life per second. We run vitality lvl20 (1,65% regen) with 80% increased effect of auras from talents than makes final regen 2.97%. If u have 1026hp (as of the screen) 2.97% of 1026 is just 30.47 health per second.
Did i miss something or is it unsustainable?
"
rhoddanus wrote:
I'm going to play BM version of this build, but i have no idea how bm build sustain cost of skills with so high attack speed.
There is 6.29attacks per second in the first post screen, and lightning strike lvl 9 linked with multistrike, gmp and faster attacks costs 30-31 mana(life). To sustain this cost we would need to regen about 97 life per second. We run vitality lvl20 (1,65% regen) with 80% increased effect of auras from talents than makes final regen 2.97%. If u have 1026hp (as of the screen) 2.97% of 1026 is just 30.47 health per second.

If im not wrong, since multistrike constitutes as 3 attacks, in that 6.3 attacks per second, you would have cast lightning strike at about twice (for a total of 6 attacks). 2 times 30 mana is 60 mana/life. With vitality and the aura effect bonuses, you will regen somewhere between 30-40 life per second in most cases. Thus, u will slowly lose heath, but you will be able to cast lightning strike multiple times beforehand.

Next, I presume that the 6.3 attacks per second will only occur when blood rage is used. Thus, normally (without enhanced blood rage) yr attacks per second is around 4.4-4.5. This means in 2 seconds, you would have used lightning strike thrice for 90 mana/life, but regenerated 60-80 life. Thus, you can cast lightning strike for a very long time, and in more or less every scenario, not run out of life.

Overall, there is little need to worry about the life regen.
Last edited by iSo1iD on Nov 7, 2014, 1:49:45 PM
"
iSo1iD wrote:
"
rhoddanus wrote:

If im not wrong, since multistrike constitutes as 3 attacks, in that 6.3 attacks per second, you would have cast lightning strike at about twice (for a total of 6 attacks). 2 times 30 mana is 60 mana/life. With vitality and the aura effect bonuses, you will regen somewhere between 30-40 life per second in most cases. Thus, u will slowly lose heath, but you will be able to cast lightning strike multiple times beforehand.

Next, I presume that the 6.3 attacks per second will only occur when blood rage is used. Thus, normally (without enhanced blood rage) yr attacks per second is around 4.4-4.5. This means in 2 seconds, you would have used lightning strike thrice for 90 mana/life, but regenerated 60-80 life. Thus, you can cast lightning strike for a very long time, and in more or less every scenario, not run out of life.

Overall, there is little need to worry about the life regen.

ah, my bad, haven't played build with multistrike this league so i forgot it attacks three times, not just twice. Thanks for the fast answer.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info