[2.0] THOR'S RAINBOWNUKE: DO ALL MAPS, UBER ATZIRI, AND EXPLOSIONS!

"
tackle70 wrote:
"
TJEmvp wrote:
Hopefully someone would be so kind to also post a passive tree for marauder, I am pretty much clueless and scared I might f@%#k this up.

My tree would work OK for any class and be basically as strong. The way the passive tree is laid out now, every class will take 4-5 points to hit the main highways somewhere in my build tree. So for Marauder you would just take the southern path strength nodes until you link up to the tree by Unwavering Stance, and you would not take the nodes in the scion starting area.
Ok thank you, I'll probably wait a week then and see if you make any changes as you and all others are probably still testing.

Nobody is running RF anymore right even though it has a big dps advantage?
"
TJEmvp wrote:
"
tackle70 wrote:
"
TJEmvp wrote:
Hopefully someone would be so kind to also post a passive tree for marauder, I am pretty much clueless and scared I might f@%#k this up.

My tree would work OK for any class and be basically as strong. The way the passive tree is laid out now, every class will take 4-5 points to hit the main highways somewhere in my build tree. So for Marauder you would just take the southern path strength nodes until you link up to the tree by Unwavering Stance, and you would not take the nodes in the scion starting area.
Ok thank you, I'll probably wait a week then and see if you make any changes as you and all others are probably still testing.

Nobody is running RF anymore right even though it has a big dps advantage?

With the amount of investment it took to get RF working, it has been worse in both survivability and defense to use RF ever since patch 1.2. So while I dont know if nobody runs it anymore, it is a very sub par way to make this build.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
"
tackle70 wrote:
Loss of resists aan some ES is due to loss of increased buff effect nodes. Needing LGoH on jewels isn't a bbi deal since crimsons can roll attack speed which is really needed

Make sense, I think with time and a lot of chaos rolls I'll be able to address most of my initial issues with jewels. Not sure how I'm going to overcome the ES hit though. I'll leave that to the smarter folks.

Edit: This in the right spot may help with ES but not sure where yet.
Last edited by ChaseX13 on Jul 12, 2015, 4:41:37 PM
Ok so no more RF, while I got your attention..
Any mandatory gear updates I need to play again?

Spoiler

I know I should probably change boots/belt/head and possibly shield?
Have no clue where to start and what I should focus my attention on.

I don't have shit tons of currency so I need to focus item by item.
My safest bet would probably changing my head I guess?

Hopefully you or someone else is willing to help me :)
Nothing much has changed with gearing on this build. There's a lot of options. The only thing that's really changed and that I'd recommend is that if you can get good rare items that can have master crafted +Strength, it's a HUGE help to this build because it will let you use an ES pair of gloves instead of Meginord's Vise and gain a lot of energy shield.
I respecced like this:

with this gear:

Spoiler

I've lost about ~600 ES I think from the loss of buff effect. I'm comfortably running 8 auras without any enlighten gems or prism guardian or conqueror's efficiency; using vitality to regen life. I easily blasted through a4m and facetanked malachai without vaal pact. not sure if I'll need to take VP for mapping though.

blood rage is definitely not viable anymore; even with shav's revelation there's a net negative regen now with it switching to phys from chaos and picking up the added 4% from ES. attack speed feels a bit clunky, currently at 4.44 aps, so I think getting some jewels with ias will be a priority.

obviously there are still quite a few nodes to get on the tree, but the char I specced it with is only 83. the nodes to take are fairly obvious: the two jewel sockets I pathed by, the lightning nodes at the top of the witch area, maybe the flask nodes or the ele dmg + jewel slot in the witch north west. it might be worth picking up the witch aoe nodes too since discharge lost 50% aoe on quality.

Resists are actually a bit short from the buff effect loss since I have negligible resists on gear; I'll probably try to make them up on jewels. Otherwise there's also prism guardian which I haven't tested. It looks like a solid idea for mitigating reflect, and maybe for dealing with uber atziri runs too. with the extra reduced reservation from it you could even fit in a 9th aura, maybe purity of elements to save on making up resists elsewhere, or another dps increase with herald of ice. I'm loath to lose the ES and spell dmg from my shield though for general use.
Last edited by kitaeri on Jul 12, 2015, 9:08:01 PM
Vaal Pact is only necessary if you want to be able to run elemental reflect maps with extra safety... I know they've changed reflect mechanics a bit, but I suspect that the DPS is just way too high to handle an 18% ele reflect map without Vaal Pact, same as previously. Outside of ele reflect stuff, I always felt that the survivability was comparable to a well specced regen version of the build.
Last edited by tackle70 on Jul 12, 2015, 6:59:24 PM
"
manu91xd wrote:

First of all I would pick resolute tecnique since u'r not running a crit version and i would drop iron grip.

oh lol! that was a mistake; I was supposed to take RT not iron grip. cheers for pointing that out.
Hi all,

I’ve been enjoying reading the various posts with first impressions of the build post 2.0 and some of the testing being done. I have not respec’d my passives yet but I have a fairly solid idea of how I’ll go – pending any late breaking commentary from those of you digging into the subtle nuances of the build. Where I feel I am most unsure, is what gems to run in my 6 link chest (Shavs). I’ve seen some of you running most of your auras out of that piece and using a 4 link for your main attack but I don’t think I want to go that way. So that leaves me with a few other viable options.

1. Lightning Strike > Multistrike > Faster Attacks > GMP > Fortify > Added Lightning/Chaos Dmg
2. Lightning Strike > Multistrike > Faster Attacks > GMP > Curse on Hit > Conductivity/Elemental Weakness/Poacher’s or Warlord’s Mark?

Before 2.0 I was running a life version of the build. I used a CoH setup in my 6 link (Belly) with Warlord’s Mark. That provided plenty of leech to the point where I ran Iron Will as my 3rd link in my Mjolnir for about 100% additional spell damage. I liked the auto cursing this provided and mobs seemed to be cursed well off-screen. I keep thinking about how CoH/Poachers would help with the sustain on LS and make Jewel crafting a bit more easy/flexible.

Or is there some other 6 link combo I should be looking at? At the end of the day, I really would like to begin working on recoloring my Shav sockets which will likely be a bit problematic. I just want to be really sure of which way I want to go before dropping a boatload of chromes. Any insights on the above are greatly appreciated.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info