[Closed]Aegis Aurora CI Tempest Shield? Let's Block!!

I had an epiphany.
I think I have been looking at this build the wrong way.
Other than CI, there really is NO reason to have energy shield.
The 4% gained to energy shield from Aurora does not need any more energy shield than 8% or so of my armor.
Oh yes, I think I can make this work way better.
Eliminate CI and this eliminates the need for unstunnable.(yes, you guys tried to tell me before. Sorry, I didn't see it... We can just treat my ES as a little bit of every HP that doesn't help against chaos)
Lemme cook up a rework.
Indeed, that's precisely it. I would say you want about 16% of your armor in ES though, since there's no garantee that you won't block 4 or more times in a row, since your block rate should be above 60%.
How about something like this?

It is generally a weaker build but it was unrealistic to spend 100+ points.
This should be around level 68-72ish.
Fireball + LMP + Prolif + maybe LL or LOH... Or maybe Crit chance. Not sure.

Total passive stats:
Spoiler

This has less than half of the armor of the original.
Is this build just stretched too thin to work?
I don't see it getting the block chance and damage and armor.
Last edited by colexian on Feb 1, 2013, 5:43:50 PM
Keep in mind you dont need huge amounts of damage as a tank build. You can easily sustained damage your way through most enemies. I think you could actually drop some damage at this point for armor boosts. your block chance is still decent, and really the only issue you would have is hard hitters. just get something to counter them and you'll be fine.
"
colexian wrote:

The 4% gained to energy shield from Aurora does not need any more energy shield than 8% or so of my armor.

I have also started thinking about this kind of build and I saw your post.

Just a few comments:

- whilst you do need 8% to 12% of armour as ES, you still need ES to be quite significant, otherwise you are wasting your ES regen. If we take an extreme of only 1000 armour and 120 ES, whilst you are recharging 40 ES per block, you are likely going to be hit for much more than 120 net damage. On the other hand, if you have a buffed armour of 20000, you would still need 2400 ES to make the concept work, probably requiring some ES% nodes.

- you do need the endurance charges to survive.

By my estimates, with 6 endurance charges, you'd still need 25k armour and 2k ES to be immune to 5k physical attacks.
The issue I currently have with my theorycrafting is to see whether it is possible to hit these figures, and then how to dps (probably molten shell based)

Quick questions for the pros lurking here: are arrows and magical attacks (ie skeletons) considered projectile and hence subject to shield block or are they covered by nothing/spell block?
arrows with spells attached (ie lightning arrow) are projectiles.
I revamped the build.
Not sure endurance charges are the way to go.

Check it, and my math (I used very simple math, probably wrong so please feel free to correct it.)

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/100142

Gonna close this one since it is outdated. Didn't want people to get confused by the comments.

Edit: I would have just edited this topic, but the very essence of the build has changed and it just seemed less misleading to make a new topic.
Last edited by colexian on Feb 4, 2013, 4:49:36 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info