1.3 Blitz Diarrhea | Static Strike | Feb 3. Major Update!

The thing is, this skill has a very unique design, as the projectiles are at melee range compared to his fellow brother Lightning Strike.

Moreover i haven't thought about that before, but you can actually use Physical Projectile Attack Damage for the full benefit of it on the projectiles, and yet not get the minus attack speed on it because it states only "projectile attack speed", so it's not gonna slow down your main skill, and the projectiles will get a huge 49% More damage multiplier.

Again, this is one a the few skill that can benefit completely from avatar of fire, which explains partially why i'm doing that kind of "work" so see which combination results in the best damage combination.

Basically, for this skill you can use :

Molten Strike (obviously)
Faster Attacks
Multistrike
LMP
GMP
Fire penetration (if using avatar of fire)
Added fire damage
Physical projectile attack damage (higher proj damage and bypass the IAS loss from the gem)
Concentrated effect
Increased AOE (as well as concentrated effect seems to lower or raise both the aoe of the explosion AND the aoe where one projectile can land, making conc effect less effective in term of AOE but more predictible and vice versa for Increased AOE)
Life leech gem (if avatar of fire)
Blood magic or Mana ?
Melee splash for overkill aoe DPS ?
Iron Grip and Point blank (even if preferably taken as a Keystone rather than a gem since the number of supports available)
Life on Hit is a possibility with low flat damage and rather high attack speed / number of projectiles
I have tested myself Faster Projectiles and it doesn't seem that it increases the speed at which the projectiles lands, which should be fixed in my opinion even if it seems trivial, same as rain of arrow has been fixed through patches.
Weapon elemental damage would preferably be used in an avatar of fire version of the build as well

My best guess atm would be a build made of Eldritch Battery and Point Blank, where you would scale the multipliers rather than raw damage through the IPD on the passive tree, combined with high attack speed and probably multiple projectiles so that you would have a really good aoe capability and survive the reflect through the use of Artic Armour.
The use of mana would prevent you from using Blood Magic / Mana leech or whatever ressource gem that you would normally use, and Arctic armour would allow you not to be scared of any type of reflects (still need to be sure of that considering i didnt run a proper calculation on the damage output of a single projectile / melee attack versus the reduction form Arctic Armour.

And i should make a thread because i'm going off topic "slightly"

Edit : http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEBAnEEBwSzCPQOSBGWFCAUTRRxFm8YkRiwGYUaOBpsHwIkPCSqJpUnLydPJ6ktHzGIMok2xTbpO-E9_D-bRIFE50lRTLNQQlBHVUtVxlfiWGNZ81ptXz9mT2aeah5qO20ZbXtwUnDVcqlyu3bnd-V5A3_GgUmCHot6jDaMz49GkFWSfZhvnaOdrp7NoW2iAKIuoqOkrKcIpyunMKdcp4SoGKyqsji0-bVIuc28n8AawFHAVMHzxtjPZdDQ0iHYJNsL3CPi9-Nq44Tjn-XP6hjsOO8O8B_xivIv893z6vZI9zL3vvjr-tL8qw==

One of the many ideas i had for this build (hardcore version ofc)

I can't really manage to make a good build with all the keystones i'd want, and still not sure of the Avatar Of Fire as being a good choice considering how insane Arctic Armour would be. This link would be a crit based melee build Molten Strike using The Three Dragons to shock similar to a kind of melee firestorm build, but will it be enough damage to actually shock ? do i need more Multiplier ? w/e, hf !
Last edited by ZigZog on May 5, 2014, 1:03:19 PM
IMO increasing your attack speed + adding Multristrike is a better way of increasing your AoE capacity than LMP/GMP. People who already tried LMP/GMP didn't notice that much of a difference, at least while trying it out with alrady leveled builds meant for an other skill. On the other hand I tried it with my Ranger with 10+ aps and it really looks good.

Melee Splash looks hilarious, and that's about it. I wouldn't say the clearing speed is that much higher.

I didn't try neither Concentrated Effect nor Increased AoE.

Iron Grip and Point Blank make a huge different, at least that's my conclusion after picking these two keystones.

WED does a really nice job if you're going for Hatred.

IMO it really depends on how you're planning to use the skill. If it fills the role of both solo and multitarget skill, I'd try to find a good balance between your melee and AoE dmg which means using more universal skills like Multistrike and Faster Attacks. If it's your AoE skill only you should rather go for Splash and/or Phys Projectile Dmg. It's all up to you sir. I'm really happy with my skill set-up as I'm focusing on both melee and AoE aspect of the skill, at the moment I'm able to solo most maps from 66 to 73, so as a softcore build it works really really nice.
Last edited by Dzwonsson on May 5, 2014, 1:54:23 PM
I was talking about a probabiliy to use the LMP/GMP gems because i was thinking of the three dragons on a crit based build, so more projectiles would facilitate the shock stacks, but that's pure theory atm.
Couple things with your gems:
1) How do you sustain your HP? Physical Leech from gear won't do jack in maps.
2) You should drop Faster Attacks for Concentrated Effect, huge DPS increase and barely noticeable AOE decrease.
IGN: Dmillz
1) As of now I have 11% life leech from physical damage off an amulet + Blood Rage. I'll get additional 1% from Blood Rage once I Q20 it (right now it's Q15) and 2% off the Blood Drinker keystone. I've been doing some 73 and 74 maps today and I haven't notice any HP related problems.
2) Tried it out, noticeable decrease in clearing speed and 2k toolpit (melee) dps decrease.
Last edited by Dzwonsson on May 5, 2014, 5:00:05 PM
Hi, I like your build and the discussion in this thread.
I think this weapon would be perfect for what you want to do.

This particular one has 300pdps and +105% wed.
Your initial strike would be massive and the meatballs would seriously be overcooked. If you managed to dual wield 2 of these, the initial strike would be the same but the wed would be astronomical.

I think you have mislabelled your dps, since your calculations are theoretical, not all meatballs would hit the same location. You should post the tooltip instead.
And like others have suggested, I think concentrated effect would be excellent. Your meatballs would probably be more effective than the initial strike.

My suggested 6L: MS - blood magic - multi - splash - conc effect - faster attacks (RRRRBG). Blood magic since you plan to reserve 90% of mana
So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
Doriyani's Catalyst is definitely the mace I'm looking for. Unfortunately it's beyond my reach right now as I only have 1ex and maybe 20c in other currency. I did indeed mislabelled my dps and I'm going to edit the OP in a second.
And as already stated, I tried out Concentrated Effect and my clearing speed decreased remarkably. Also my melee dps decreased by more than 1/4 which is a lot considering that at lvl 76 it's only 6,800. I agree though that your setup sounds really nice for an AoE skill. However, note that Molten Strike is both my solo and multitarget skill and I can't only focus on one part. Hence the WED gem that boosts both my melee and AoE dps.

edit: I'm reserving only 73% of my mana with lvl 19 Reduced Mana gem. I'd definitely considering trading Mana Leech for Blood Magic if there was an other 40% aura I could benefit from. Also, I'm not planning to use a 6L, simply because it's too expensive. Requiring a 6L piece to complete a build is a fail, because most of people never get such an item.
Last edited by Dzwonsson on May 5, 2014, 6:23:39 PM
Concentrated effect works extremely well with both the melee splash gem and the balls. The idea to strike your main target and lower the hp of surround mobs, and then finish them with the meatballs. I suggest you try melee splash.

I would run grace (with IR) and hatred, that's 84% (with 20/20 reduced mana). Grace offers better defences than determination, the only way determination beats grace is if stack a lot of armour, and I mean A LOT of armour.
So many strikes within one breath.
But only one strike needed, for certain death.
Quality Reduced mana doesnt apply to auras.

The main issue is that with a high dps, you would just not need the meatballs.

On your video we can see many times that you actually kill monsters before the meatballs even land.

We just need to find a way to make it worth it compared to "regular" melee gems.
1) I've said this a couple of times already, Melee Splash and Concentrated Effect is out of discussion, because this build uses Molten Strike to deal with both single and multiple targets. If I put too much emphasis on the AoE part I won't be able to deal with any heavier caliber rare and unique monsters as my melee dps will be too low to do any significant damage. Hence the universal supports like Multistrike and Faster Attacks. I think you guys overlook the damage Molten Strike can deal with increased attack speed. As of level 76 my Molten Strike deals 6.41 aps, in other words I fire close to 20 projectiles per seond. That's a lot of AoE firepower. And again, I did try Concentrated Effect and I did try Melee Splash. I also tried both. Nothing cleared as fast as the skill setup I'm using now.

2) I get around the same armor boost from Grace and Determination (tested). 2 x 60% with lvl 20 Reduced Mana is 85.2% mana reserved. My standard aura setup is Hatred + Vitality (keep in mind this build is running Blood Rage).

@ZigZog: that's true, but that's the thing about skills that are both melee and AoE, my melee dps clears mobs that are close enough while meatballs clear the rest. If I'd be using a separate singletarget skill I'd focus only on the meatball damage. I'm simply getting tired of repeating it again and again, this is a hybrid skill for Christ's sake! If it wasn't, believe it or not the devs would make it a typical projectile oriented ranged skill like Spectral Throw for instance.

edit: another thing, without melee dps even my 11% life leech would be too low as you can't leech from meatballs.
Last edited by Dzwonsson on May 5, 2014, 8:22:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info