1.3 Blitz Diarrhea | Static Strike | Feb 3. Major Update!

BoR and Catalyst mandatory? Also, is BoR better than 5L armor?
Catalyst is absolutely mandatory. BoR is recommended unless you can get a godly helmet and a 6-link chest. And yes, offensively BoR is way better than a 5-link.
Can you post your flasks?
"
Dzwonsson wrote:
Catalyst is absolutely mandatory. BoR is recommended unless you can get a godly helmet and a 6-link chest. And yes, offensively BoR is way better than a 5-link.

Hmm, huge resist and armor loss using BoR. How much of a dps difference? Also, BoR and two Catalysts would run around 15 exalts. How is everyone finding this build? unsure if it is worth the investment. How are clear speeds at 78 maps? Any issues with survivability?
Compared to a 5-link? Hard to say, I can't test it until Monday as I don't have access to my pc right now. Resists shouldn't really be a problem and 12k+ armor with 6 sec IC are more than enough IMO. You can see the clear speed in the 77 video I posted, but please keep in mind that I added some more dps and AoE later, so the clear speed should be even better. The only survivability problem I noticed was phys spells with powerful crits in 78 maps, but if you manage to cast IC right before getting into such pack you should be ok.

As of your cost estimation, I paid 2-2.5ex for each of my Doryani's (in early Rampage) and 2ex for my BoR (should be even cheaper after nerf). So, 7ex in Torment isn't really that expensive. But I guess you're talking about Bloodlines prices. The 1h/shield version features only one Catalyst and is much more defensively oriented, though it deals "only" 40k dps.
Last edited by Dzwonsson on Dec 27, 2014, 9:21:33 AM
Hey bro i see you using physical to lightning instead of weapon elemental damage? Is physical to lightning better than weapon elemental damage?
"
Dzwonsson wrote:
Compared to a 5-link? Hard to say, I can't test it until Monday as I don't have access to my pc right now. Resists shouldn't really be a problem and 12k+ armor with 6 sec IC are more than enough IMO. You can see the clear speed in the 77 video I posted, but please keep in mind that I added some more dps and AoE later, so the clear speed should be even better. The only survivability problem I noticed was phys spells with powerful crits in 78 maps, but if you manage to cast IC right before getting into such pack you should be ok.

As of your cost estimation, I paid 2-2.5ex for each of my Doryani's (in early Rampage) and 2ex for my BoR (should be even cheaper after nerf). So, 7ex in Torment isn't really that expensive. But I guess you're talking about Bloodlines prices. The 1h/shield version features only one Catalyst and is much more defensively oriented, though it deals "only" 40k dps.

I just checked the 5L and BoR difference and its roughly 10.5k. Using 300dps 1h sword and Prismatic Eclipse. Couldn't get my hands on Doryanis Scepter yet.
If I'm using a shield,will it be better to use Aegis Aurora or Saffell's Frame?
Had an old duelist that got wrecked by block nerf, so decided to also do a Static Strike with DW Doryani's and RT after I fluked 6Ling a lightning coil and read all the hype around Static strike. It's awesome, though mine is evasion based with dodge, spell dodge and Atziri Step and Abyssus. Currently at around 45k DPS with most gems nowhere near lvl 20. Running max level PoL too so the increased phys damage from Abyssus not impacting much.

I had mana issues though since not using BM gem so gave phys to lightning the flick, chromed and swapped with Added Fire then plonked on a mana leech ring...enough phys damage for mana leech. Lost a bit of DPS but at least I'm hitting and leeching all the time.

The OPs build has given me a few ideas though to improve my char...so thanks! :-)
@eminem: flasks are pretty straight-forward, 2 x Eternal Life with Staunching, 1 x Quicksilver, 1 x Amethyst, and 1 x Jade.
Physical to Lightning gives you 4k less dps than WED (tested).

@andrew: Lioneye's Remorse (not using any e-shield gear, so Aegis would be useless) and maybe Saffel's against spell based bosses.

@Bmei: 50,747 dps with BoR, 34,844 with a 5-link (Static - Multi - Melee Phys - Faster Attacks - BM), 38,978 with a 5-link (Faster Attacks replaced by WED), 46,946 after adding Abyssus.
[2.4] Riff Raff - under 1ex Reave RT DoT Gladiator: http://poeurl.com/C6q

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info