1.3 Blitz Diarrhea | Static Strike | Feb 3. Major Update!

You can run it with Abyssus or even a rare helmet and for example Carcass Jack, you'd go Static - Multi - BM - Melee Phys and then Conc Effect or WED + Increased AoE. If you chose for WED and Incr AoE you'd get 107% incr AoE total. I recommend BoR, because it's crazy cheap in 1.3 and gives you all mods you need.

edit: on demand, a Dominus video (sorry for the low fps):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATQBSm6ta18&feature=youtu.be

btw, if you guys have more questions about this build, lemme know and I'll add a FAQ video.
Last edited by Dzwonsson on Dec 15, 2014, 12:56:01 PM
"
Dzwonsson wrote:
Because of built-in Blind (BoR), it sounds silly, but even with 5% chance to evade Blind does some nice job.

BTW, I added a new vid:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ew5704HLDrs&feature=youtu.be

Thanks for the response!
I have a double legacy BoR (18, 18, 18) and a soul taker. I know the BoR fits, but what do I do with things like Soul taker and rainbow stride? Not viable for this? I'm coming from a blender type build and have no idea where to go from here lol.
Well, is Soul Taker good for this build? Well, it is doable. Soul Taker allows you to use 1 more gem. I'd suggest Added Fire or Increased AoE. You can also try dropping WED and adding Conc Effect and Incr. AoE, but you wouldn't see your dps increase on your tooltip which makes it harder to figure what's the damage difference between WED and Conc Effet. But, the problem is, there's a lot of mace nodes on this tree that are no longer available to you. So, my guess is, you'd likely end up with less damage.

Rainbowstride, nope. You'd have 32% block with a legacy Soul Taker, Rainbowstride doesn't make any sense.

My advice is, if you wanna play this build, sell your Soul Taker and buy double Doryani's Catalyst with crazy physical rolls.
"
Weißenberg wrote:
I'm not sure what exactly do you mean. All items and skills specified in this build are also available in the temp leagues.

I think what he's asking his how would you go about playing this build while levelling.
LEVELING GUIDE
SKILL TREE: While still in Normal difficulty I'd suggest to take as many life nodes as possible, you should be able to get Bravery, Juggernaut, and Barbarism before entering the Scepter of God. I also recommend using evasion till Library, it's straight up superior to armor at that point as it's rather easy to get huge amounts of that source of defense. From Library on there's a lot of physical spells flying around which makes it a pain if you don't have any physical mitigation, so I'd recommend getting Iron Reflexes by then.

Then you should focus on getting Resolute Technique and even more life nodes, Unrelenting, Combat Staima and Constitution. And Warrior's Blood + Heart of the Warrior. Life is the best source of defense in this game, especially while leveling.

In Merciless you should first pick... yes, life nodes. There's three clusters left in the Templar tree. Add reduced mana nodes asap. And at that point you can invest all your points in damage. I'd start with the Bone Breaker - Skull Cracking cluster, then Bloody Blugeon and Blunt Instrument. At that point you should already have your Doryani's, so the Celestial cluster is should be the next thing to pick. My general endgame philosophy is to pick notable passives with longer routes first as it's easier to level up and then get all those massive nodes you have a direct access to. Why? You don't wanna spend your points on +10% physical damage while getting one level every 2-3 days.

GEARING: Early on, use whatever you can, you don't need to focus on specific items or skills, just go on with whatever gives you more defenses and damage. If you're less certain about your personal skills, you can invest some alterations/alchemies in a quick revamp at the end of Normal, and then at the end of Cruel, just make sure you got some life and capped resistances.

Getting Doryani's and BoR is gonna be much harder. You'll have to farm. A lot. Unless you have a leveled MF character. If you commit to farming and run countless 66-69 maps and run them properly, you'll farm up to 1ex/day. So, basically a week of nolife farming and you get your gear.
How to deal with ele reflect?
Can you make a skilltree guide for every 10-20 levels?
@Myraklus: surprisingly I survived all reflect packs I bumped into without taking any additional measures. Static explosion hits a few moments after the melee hit, so if you kill the reflect mob before the explosions hit (which is very likely), you're not gonna have issues with reflect. Check the Shipyard video at 2:03, I accidentaly yolo ran into a reflect pack and my life only dropped by 1/3.

@eminem: I wasn't planning to do so, but I see people prefer strict guidlines over some leveling freedom, so I'm gonna add a leveling tree later tonight.
Last edited by Dzwonsson on Dec 16, 2014, 12:32:57 PM
If I want to continue with molten strike, can I use the same tree as you ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info