[Official] WINE info thread

"
iao wrote:

Edit: Oh yeah, I forgot to ask. Is anyone else experiencing wide font spacing problems with the standard sans-serif game font?

Screenshot? No idea what you're talking about.
"
ionface wrote:

Here. I think it might just be a GGPK corruption, though.
same name in-game
"
iao wrote:
"
ionface wrote:

Here. I think it might just be a GGPK corruption, though.

The PoE installer has known issues with Wine related to text corruption. You must copy an installation from another source and use that with Wine - see my guide on the wiki. No idea if your particular font issue will be improved, but worth a try if you have not already done so.
A new graphics issue cropped up after the 0.11.5 patch. The issue is that the buff/debuff icons sometimes appear blank, the character screen (C) always has a border that is either flashing or transparent, and the area loading screens do not display the proper graphic.

I don't have a fix yet.

Edit - clue: Only does this with GLSL disabled (which is unfortunately required for smooth framerate).
Last edited by Sovyn on Sep 8, 2013, 6:25:44 PM
"
Sovyn wrote:
A new graphics issue cropped up after the 0.11.5 patch. The issue is that the buff/debuff icons sometimes appear blank, the character screen (C) always has a border that is either flashing or transparent, and the area loading screens do not display the proper graphic.

I don't have a fix yet.

Edit - clue: Only does this with GLSL disabled (which is unfortunately required for smooth framerate).

I don't have this problem on my setup. All my buff/debuff icons appear properly, my character panel looks correct, and I don't have any problems with the loading screen images being proper. Could it be corrupt content file causing some issues?
"
Drakier wrote:

I don't have this problem on my setup. All my buff/debuff icons appear properly, my character panel looks correct, and I don't have any problems with the loading screen images being proper. Could it be corrupt content file causing some issues?

I thought that as well and copied the game directory over to windows and ran packcheck. It reported all hashes correct.

The only things I can think of is somehow the Nvidia driver 310.44 became obsolete, or the directx version.

Well, I'll make a new PlayonLinux instance and see how that goes.

As mentioned this only cropped up after GGG patched the game to 0.11.5.
Figured it out - this is an issue with Wine 1.7.1.

1.4.1 is just fine.
"
Sovyn wrote:
Figured it out - this is an issue with Wine 1.7.1.

1.4.1 is just fine.

I haven't stopped using 1.5.28-PathOfExile

It's worked great for me and I've found no reason to update for PoE.
"
iao wrote:
...On another note, I tested Wine with these D3D command stream patches many claim to provide around a 50% performance boost for some games. Sadly it doesn't seem to enhance performance for me, though. If anyone else tries it out, be sure to let us know if it helped you!

Didn't see any improvement with PoE either. Using fglrx (13.8b2).
Path of Exile in Eyefinity: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1320584
Hello!.. now, 25 september 2013 i start the updater and them, in my Xubuntu 12.04 (using Play on linux using this guide)... i recieve this error:

memory(893,98): error x3004: undeclared indentifier "mad"

Accepting this...

failed to load Shaders/antialiasing.fx

Accepting this...

the D3D device has a non-zero reference count, meaning some objet were not released

Accepting this...

failed to create Direct 3D device objet

Accepting this...

DXUTCreateDevice failed

And then, the game appear in black, with the mouse cursor of the game, but the login screem and the sound never start

anny idea?? (SORRY MY ENGLISH IS NOT SO GOOD, I SPEAK SPANISH)
Salta, Argentina

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info