[Official] WINE info thread

Just installed PoE in my new LinuxMint computer, using Wine. For now it's totally not working; the option menu can't be configurated if not partly (and it's strange, it doesn't respond to my clicks or reponds to them as I had clicked elsewhere on the screen, for example moving my character while I'm trying to select certain options in the menu). The resolution is appearently set to a very strange/bad value.

Help? :P
from Italy
http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=25078

It says that "production_Config.ini" must be edited.. but I can't find it (??)
from Italy
"
Ows wrote:

It says that "production_Config.ini" must be edited.. but I can't find it (??)

It's in........

/home/[user name]/My Games/Path of Exile/
That was a silly question :/ solved..

Now I have another problem.. when mobs appear on the screen the game starts to be almost unpleyable. I play solo as I usually do.. but it's hard to keep my character alive.. I tried to read these 90 pages but if you could suggest me a solution (does it exist?) I would be grateful.. !!

OOk don't waste your time answering this: solved putting manually texture quality to 3. Works well, I may want to put it to 4. I had tought that setting it to 1 meaned setting it to the lowest until i read differently in this thread.. thanks!
from Italy
Last edited by Ows on Aug 26, 2013, 6:56:34 AM
It seemed that with texture set to 3-4-5 the problem was solved but it is not. While the loading time of areas is quite quicker than it was on Windows XP it the game is hard to play right now: often it does disconnect, and when it doesn't it just makes my gameplay horrible everytime there's action in it.

I've read about people able to play PoE on linux just fine, but for me it isn't working right now.. is there anything else I should be able to do or is my destiny to just not be able to play "normally" on Linux Mint (15) ? I've no problems with the worst resolution if the game can be played without lagging etc.
from Italy
"
Ows wrote:
It seemed that with texture set to 3-4-5 the problem was solved but it is not.

The only way to solve the issue is to disable GLSL Support on the playonlinux display tab. Nvidia only.

Intel and ATI/AMD graphics card owners are out of luck, although it can be improved by using the bleeding edge open source driver from x-swat repo.
Just thought I'd let everyone know that I posted my little PoE Wine/PlayOnLinux how-to guide over at the PoE Wiki.
Thank you all. Everything ok now :D:D
from Italy
Anyone know how to get Twitch streaming to recognize the wine audio device, whatever it is set to? Even with sound disabled the twitch API fails on sound detection.
"
ionface wrote:
Anyone know how to get Twitch streaming to recognize the wine audio device, whatever it is set to? Even with sound disabled the twitch API fails on sound detection.

I've been trying to find this out as well, but to no avail. =/

On another note, I tested Wine with these D3D command stream patches many claim to provide around a 50% performance boost for some games. Sadly it doesn't seem to enhance performance for me, though. If anyone else tries it out, be sure to let us know if it helped you!

Edit: Oh yeah, I forgot to ask. Is anyone else experiencing wide font spacing problems with the standard sans-serif game font?
same name in-game
Last edited by iao on Sep 6, 2013, 4:02:24 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info