[Official] WINE info thread

You can try wine 1.2.3 (yes the OLD one). disabled GLSL will actually let you ingame without game complaining about vertex shaders. But on OSX I have only black screen (nothing except UI rendered). But the result on Linux might be different, so give it a try.

Also, the FPS drops are caused by the game itself. Just take a look into technical support forum, you will find that a lot of windows users are complaining as well about the performance.

Hello guys, I have problem with Wine. Game is opening fine, I can log into my account and choose character. But after that, when the game map is loading, error comes out:
Unable to create texture. D3DERR_NOTAVAILABLE Not Available. [SOLVED]

Solution: I installed osmesa and lib32-osmesa packages (archlinux).
PoE using offscreen rendering so it has to be installed.
I also installed libtxc_dxtn and lib32-libtxc_dxtn packeges for proper mesa texture compression. It's not necessary in this case.

sysinfo

Distro: ArchLinux
kernel: 3.7.5-1-ARCH x86_64
video driver: intel (i915 kernel module) - adapter_name=Intel(R) Ivybridge Desktop
wine: 1.5.22-1 (I tried many versions 1.4, 1.5.6 - same result)
Desktop enviroment: i3 WM
Audio system: alsa/jack

prefix configuration:
winetricks d3dx9_36 vcrun2010 sound=alsa
openal32 native (windows)
virtual desktop 1024x768

Last edited by tip0k on Feb 3, 2013, 9:07:25 AM
"
tip0k wrote:
Hello
Guys, I have problem with Wine. Game is opening fine, I can log into my account and choose character. But after that, when the game map is loading, error comes out:
Unable to create texture. D3DERR_NOTAVAILABLE Not Available.

Can you help me please? I'm desperate.

Distro: ArchLinux
kernel: 3.7.5-1-ARCH x86_64
video: intel i915 driver - adapter_name=Intel(R) Ivybridge Desktop
wine: 1.5.22-1
Desktop enviroment: i3 WM
Audio system: alsa/jack

prefix configuration:
winetricks d3dx9_36 vcrun2010 sound=alsa
openal32 native (windows)
virtual desktop 1024x768

1) use wine 1.5.6 (1.5.22 crashes without usp10 patch).
2) try UseGLSL=enabled.
3) AFAIK game uses d3dx9_42
"
julus wrote:
You can try wine 1.2.3 (yes the OLD one). disabled GLSL will actually let you ingame without game complaining about vertex shaders. But on OSX I have only black screen (nothing except UI rendered). But the result on Linux might be different, so give it a try.

Thanks for the suggestion! I tried it (Ubuntu Linux 12.04) and it has the same problem (only 2D UI visible, no 3D) with GLSL set to disabled.

The game does show a notice about "ocean water not being visible on your graphics card, this will be fixed in a later patch". Never seen that message before, presumably because I've not used such an old version of Wine with PoE before.
Hi,

I have a "special" issue WIth PoE :
PoE is crashing when i try to entre on level "flooded depths" or "The prison"

I'm using PlayOnlinux, & same issue with wine 1.4 & 1.5.22

I need to kill the Client.exe from the console to be able to use again my PC.

With wine 1.4 configured :
Anormal time for loading level,
Then see only the first picture of the level
Then crash : PoE will use 100% of one cpu always

debug info :
err:secur32:SECUR32_initSchannelSP TLS library not found, SSL connections will fail
err:winediag:SECUR32_initNTLMSP ntlm_auth was not found or is outdated. Make sure that ntlm_auth >= 3.0.25 is in your path. Usually, you can find it in the winbind package of your distribution.
fixme:iphlpapi:NotifyAddrChange (Handle 0x101e8d0, overlapped 0x101e8dc): stub
wine: configuration in '/home/roumano/.PlayOnLinux//wineprefix/pathofexile' has been updated.

With wine 1.5 configured :
Always see the loading level
Then crash : PoE will use 0% of cpu(s)

debug info :
fixme:d3d:resource_check_usage Unhandled usage flags 0x8.
*** glibc detected *** Client.exe: malloc(): memory corruption: 0x7db30d90 ***
fixme:iphlpapi:NotifyAddrChange (Handle 0xebe8cc, overlapped 0xebe8b0): stub
wine: configuration in '/home/roumano/.PlayOnLinux//wineprefix/pathofexile' has been updated.

> The message "has been updated" is when i'm killing the apps.

Nothing anormal with memory used.

Any idea about this problem ?
What should I do to fix the game so it runs on Linux? I get a message saying: D3DERR not available.

It shows up when I'm trying to load into Twilight Strand after creating a character.
"
Sovyn wrote:
Anyone found a way to disable GLSL with an ATI card yet?

...Or other ways to making the combat more fluid on ATI?

I've tried quite a few things and nothing seems to be a magic solution.

-Fiddling with swappiness values, high and low.
-Various versions of Wine
-CPU affinity (when I was using Wine without PlayOnLinux, which makes switching versions very convenient)
-Disabling debug output (it's disabled by default in PlayOnLinux anyway)
-Disabling vsync in game
-Disabling post processing in game
-Using medium instead of high textures in game
-Disabling AA in game
-Alsa instead of Pulseaudio
-Chats are all hidden in game

Speaking of which, how do you properly set CPU affinity in PlayOnLinux?

I tried adding 'export taskset -c 0' below the 'export WINEDEBUG="-all"' line in the ~/.PlayOnLinux/shortcuts file for the POE virtual drive.

you cannot disable GLSL on ATI/AMD. without GLSL wine is no longer DX9 compliant (shader model 3). on nvidia side, I guess wine uses NV_pixel_shader3 and NV_vertex_shader3 extension instead of GL_ extensions in that case. wine was always more Nvidia oriented.

try --nosound parameter for Client.exe ...
People PLEASE if you have a problem and you are posting first time about it, post following info:

1. GPU + drivers and version
2. wine version and arch (32 or 64)
3. distro and version
4. If you use PlayOnLinux, then any config change from the default, alternativaly winetricks list-instaled from you PoE prefix

you just waste time getting an answer if you don't post basic info.
I'm finding the lag time loading spell effect assets is less if I set the in-game graphics settings all to their lowest settings (aside from resolution). I'm currently running vsync on, shadows off, AA off, medium textures, trilinear, post proc off, screen shake off. Even though my card "should" be able to handle higher settings, this helps a bit.
I've got an Nvidia GEForce 9800 graphics card. An AMD Athlon 64 processor 4200+. My harddrive is a 250 GB SATA 2. I've got the 0.121 version of Wine. At least I think that's the version of Wine I have. I don't think I have this Arch thing.
Last edited by CrossroadBlues on Feb 2, 2013, 3:04:18 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info