[Official] WINE info thread

Got to test Mesa 20.2 with vulkan-radeon today since it is now conveniently updated through the Arch Linux repository :D
First tests work great, performance seems better than amdvlk!
"
acylus wrote:
Does anyone know how to get fossilize-replay to work with non-Steam PoE or at least Steam PoE? I've seen older guides but the don't seem to work?

Page 230 of this thread in the middle, post by iao. HTH.
I haven't tried it myself though, yet. Post your results here, if you went ahead to try. :)
Last edited by Skomener on Nov 2, 2020, 12:40:24 PM
So, does anyone have problem with PoB Community fork? Mine suddenly stopped working, error right at launch every time. Installing different versions of wine didn't help. Any ideas?
ok, don’t be like me. I was using AMDVLK while dxvk and dxvk env variables are still turned on. Wondered why I was getting dogshit fps. Turned them off now I was kinda on the smooth side of fps
Last edited by internetTOUGHGUY123 on Jan 1, 2021, 12:30:29 AM
old news forum here, but i just updated to linux510 from linux58 on manjaro on a 5 year old laptop... 17-4720, 950mx graphics, 16 gb ram, 1 tb ssd. Any idea why it won't install through lutris any more? it errors out, gives me the 32bit exe file, but not the _x64 one and doesn't proceed any further than that. Any thoughts?
"
damatt317 wrote:
old news forum here, but i just updated to linux510 from linux58 on manjaro on a 5 year old laptop... 17-4720, 950mx graphics, 16 gb ram, 1 tb ssd. Any idea why it won't install through lutris any more? it errors out, gives me the 32bit exe file, but not the _x64 one and doesn't proceed any further than that. Any thoughts?

i ran with the same problem, i ran the 32 bit exe, then looked again, ta da. theres the 64 bit
"
ToriVega wrote:
So, does anyone have problem with PoB Community fork? Mine suddenly stopped working, error right at launch every time. Installing different versions of wine didn't help. Any ideas?

Same here. Never had problems with it before.

Tried with these versions of wine:

Spoiler

System information:
Wine build: wine-6.0rc1.r0.gd7b71f0b ( TkG Staging Esync Fsync )
Platform: i386 (WOW64)
Version: Windows 10
Host system: Linux
Host version: 5.8.0-36-generic

Spoiler

System information:
Wine build: wine-5.0 (Ubuntu 5.0-3ubuntu1)
Platform: i386 (WOW64)
Version: Windows 7
Host system: Linux
Host version: 5.8.0-36-generic

EDIT: Issue has been fixed in newer versions of PoB.
https://github.com/PathOfBuildingCommunity/PathOfBuilding/issues/1678

Just download a new version
Last edited by Kemichal on Jan 14, 2021, 6:04:33 PM
Yeah, I fixed my POB by just installing it through exe file and not standalone archive.

But I got a much more serious problem instead - the game dies after few zones. It plays fine for a little while and then freezes. It worked OK last league, what did they do again. Sigh...
"
ToriVega wrote:
Yeah, I fixed my POB by just installing it through exe file and not standalone archive.

But I got a much more serious problem instead - the game dies after few zones. It plays fine for a little while and then freezes. It worked OK last league, what did they do again. Sigh...

I hear you this league has forced me back to Windows for now. I get long freezes when approaching rituals, opening Legions, Delving, etc. any content that loads a lot of sprites seems to freeze the game for 5-10 seconds.

I've tried deleting my shaders and lowering my settings but it's become unplayable for me.
"
xtertristl wrote:
"
ToriVega wrote:

I hear you this league has forced me back to Windows for now. I get long freezes when approaching rituals, opening Legions, Delving, etc. any content that loads a lot of sprites seems to freeze the game for 5-10 seconds.

I've tried deleting my shaders and lowering my settings but it's become unplayable for me.

Yeah, same issue here. Sirus fight is especially spectacular, it doesn't load a lot off assets,it doesn't show correctly where he is facing on die beams, etc..

But, I'm testing something right now to see if works better.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info