[Official] WINE info thread

"
a0TheVE wrote:
Was working perfectly for me using Lutris until today's update and now it just quits in less than a couple minutes every time.

Same here.
I really hope someone from GGG reads this and can look into this more closely. Game was literally perfect until today's patch.
"
sirdond wrote:
"
a0TheVE wrote:
Was working perfectly for me using Lutris until today's update and now it just quits in less than a couple minutes every time.

Same here.
I really hope someone from GGG reads this and can look into this more closely. Game was literally perfect until today's patch.

Ok, I deleted both cache folders (ShaderCacheD3D11, CachedHLSLShaders) and the DXVK cache file (PathOfExile_x64.dxvk-cache) and had no crash in the last 30 mins. Which is promising after having crashed every few mins before that.
"
sirdond wrote:
"
sirdond wrote:
"
a0TheVE wrote:

Same here.

Ok, I deleted both cache folders (ShaderCacheD3D11, CachedHLSLShaders) and the DXVK cache file (PathOfExile_x64.dxvk-cache) and had no crash in the last 30 mins. Which is promising after having crashed every few mins before that.

Worked for me, could play 1h+ without any crashes.
Thanks for the tip sirdond!
"
sirdond wrote:
I really hope someone from GGG reads this and can look into this more closely.

They don't care. Staff posted here 1-2 times when this thread was new years ago, and never again.
Last edited by StormHUN on Sep 15, 2019, 9:50:47 AM
Since I'm using Glorius Egroll's patched Proton, the lag issue improved tremendously. I barely have any lag at all, except in the first few minutes after logging in, and when I'm in town (thanks to the tons of cosmetic garbage people are wearing).

However crashes remain. Currently it takes 30 to 90 minutes to be able to start playing, because every day when I run the game the first time that day it will crash 5-15 times before I can finally play, and it takes 10-15 minutes for the game to load after each crash.

"
sirdond wrote:

I'll try this.
Last edited by StormHUN on Sep 15, 2019, 9:54:59 AM
"
StormHUN wrote:

"
sirdond wrote:

I'll try this.

Well, it worked for a single day. Then today I started crashing again, so now repeating the process. :/
Is there a proton info thread? I'm interested in reading about the new ACO shader compiler from Steam.
I'm playing with Lutris and using Proton-GE as the runner and DXVK with the async patch. Performance was pretty good until the recent patches. Now I get a lot of stutters whenever a new entity or effect is displayed.

Maybe it has to do with compiling shaders, I have an AMD GPU and I tried using ACO but it barely makes a difference.

The weird thing is that the game was running much better just a few days ago :(
"
Sose wrote:
I'm playing with Lutris and using Proton-GE as the runner and DXVK with the async patch. Performance was pretty good until the recent patches. Now I get a lot of stutters whenever a new entity or effect is displayed.

Maybe it has to do with compiling shaders, I have an AMD GPU and I tried using ACO but it barely makes a difference.

The weird thing is that the game was running much better just a few days ago :(

No issues at all, game works flawlessly here.
Tried both with and without the DXVK poe-hack patch. With the patch there seems to be less stutter, but both is playable, imo.
Just wine-staging and {DXVK|DXVK-poe-hack}, no esync, no lutris, no proton. I'm on an NVIDIA GPU though.
So, question to those who use ASYNC patch with DXVK - do you apply the patch yourselves or using precompiled package?
I use Arch btw.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info